Picard56

Trevor Cahill 2018 Outlook

I just wish he'd win some games, lol. It sucks to have a 2.77 ERA and 0.99 WHIP over 8 starts and have just a single win. Oakland has scored 16 runs in his last six starts after scoring 19 in his first two. 

1 hour ago, Helms said:

Well suck!!!   Sometimes weekly leagues are a pain

• Like 1

[ Several comments removed. This is not the place to chat about daily vs. weekly leagues. ] 

OAK.svg

Athletics manager Bob Melvin indicated that Cahill (Achilles) demonstrated improvement Sunday, but a stint on the disabled list hasn't been ruled out for the right-hander, Jane Lee of MLB.com reports.

Before rendering a decision on Cahill's status for his next scheduled start Friday against the Angels, the Athletics will likely see if he's able to throw a bullpen session Tuesday or Wednesday. If Cahill's Achilles' injury still proves bothersome by that point, the Athletics could move him to the DL and bring up Chris Bassitt from Triple-A Nashville in a corresponding move. 

Edited by Beakman
Whoa. Sorry for the giant A's logo!
  • Thanks 1

Cahill (Achilles) will likely be placed on the 10-day disabled list Wednesday, Jane Lee of MLB.com reports.  - Rotowire Tuesday June 12

Its Thursday.  Why is he not on the DL? 

• Like 1

Yahoo is showing that he's scheduled to start tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if that's true? He was about to hit the DL and now he's starting tomorrow? I'm not sure about anyone else, but if that's true, that makes me a little nervous about him. 

59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yahoo is showing that he's scheduled to start tomorrow. Can anyone confirm if that's true? He was about to hit the DL and now he's starting tomorrow? I'm not sure about anyone else, but if that's true, that makes me a little nervous about him. 

He's officially on the DL now, so he's definitely not starting tomorrow.

12 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

He's officially on the DL now, so he's definitely not starting tomorrow.

Lol, yeah I saw that...shortly after I made that post :huh:. But I'd rather him be on the DL than wondering what is going on with him. 

I def wouldn't drop, this smells like a very short DL stint considering how long it took them to put him on the DL to begin with. I'm sure they just wanted to free up a roster spot for the next 5 days or w/e. 

7 minutes ago, zingzing said:

I def wouldn't drop, this smells like a very short DL stint considering how long it took them to put him on the DL to begin with. I'm sure they just wanted to free up a roster spot for the next 5 days or w/e. 

Take it for what it's worth because it comes from RW, but their blurb writers said that this figures to be a lengthier stay than his first DL stint this year. Of course, that probably means he'll be back as soon as he's eligible. 

5 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

NFBC no DL , dropped.

NFBC leagues are tough.....I have Cahill and considering doing the same it's just that the replacements aren't that great

On the DL since June 15 - the word was " It's sounding like he could miss at least 2-3 more starts, but that is purely speculative."

With Mengden scratched on Saturday, does TC come back once his 10 Day DL stint is up.

Looks like he's coming back Thursday against the Astros

I wonder if Oakland will finally get him some run support. They only scored 16 runs in his last 6 starts. I also wonder how hard the regression back to norm is going to be on him. 

Activated off the DL and starting today at HOU. Might want to bench and wait until his next start at home vs SF.

Nope . Throwing him out there . The A's are playing very well and don't seem to be affraid of the Astros . Let the chips fall where they may . 

20 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

What are his prospects for the 2nd half? Worth a look? 

3.10 ERA, 3.14 FIP, 3.15 xFIP. Ground ball machine with a very solid k%. Currently pitching to career high swinging strike and contact % rates. Don't expect him to stay healthy or even pitch this good, but as far as holding down a roster spot, the answer is 100% yes. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, weisberg26 said:

Who's starting him vs Toronto tomorrow?

If you can’t start him vs Toronto then he shouldn’t be on your roster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charlie Morton without minus the 95+ gas. Pick him up ASAP

• Like 1