Sign in to follow this  
fatbob166

Hyun-Jin Ryu 2018 Outlook

I think so. If there is 5 in the rotation when Ryu is ready, the phantom injury will present itself once again. Plus, there is a couple getting close to a innings limit. I like Ryu and I think he's underrated. No ace, but dude is a good pitcher with good stuff'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmymckrack said:

With the news on maeda, does this mean ryu has a rotation spot when he gets back to the big league??

I had read somewhere (I know I hate when people say that and don't show the source but I'm tired and just got back from Vegas) that they were going to go with a 6-man rotation with Ryu when he got back.  Based on that, I'd assume he'd be the fifth starter when he's ready.

55 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I had read somewhere (I know I hate when people say that and don't show the source but I'm tired and just got back from Vegas) that they were going to go with a 6-man rotation with Ryu when he got back.  Based on that, I'd assume he'd be the fifth starter when he's ready.

Source?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They were in a 6-man rotation prior to the injuries so that would make sense.  Definitely hurts fantasy value in weekly H2H leagues.

Ryu (groin) won't make another minor-league rehab start and could come off the disabled list this week, Bill Plunkett of The Orange County Register reports.

Manager Dave Roberts indicated Ryu could start against the Giants on Wednesday, but also listed Ross Stripling and Kenta Maeda as options to start. Alex Wood (hamstring) is set to come of the DL on Tuesday and Maeda seems poised to shift to the bullpen, but it remains to be seen if the team opts for a six-man rotation or shifts another starter to the bullpen.

Edited by Z06vette

3 hours ago, Z06vette said:

Ryu (groin) won't make another minor-league rehab start and could come off the disabled list this week, Bill Plunkett of The Orange County Register reports.

Manager Dave Roberts indicated Ryu could start against the Giants on Wednesday, but also listed Ross Stripling and Kenta Maeda as options to start. Alex Wood (hamstring) is set to come of the DL on Tuesday and Maeda seems poised to shift to the bullpen, but it remains to be seen if the team opts for a six-man rotation or shifts another starter to the bullpen.

The Maeda-to-the-bullpen concept seems in line with the Dodgers handling of him this year innings-wise.  That is not surprising.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:52 AM, cad300 said:

So Kershaw-Wood-Hill-Stripling-Buehler-Ryu 6 man, Maeda to the pen?

Stripling also to the pen.

Ryu goes from a road start at coors to a home start vs the mets next week....sweet.

by RotoWire Staff
(4 hrs ago) Ryu will toe the rubber versus Arizona on Friday after the Dodgers elected to move Clayton Kershaw back an extra day, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports.

Kershaw will now take the mound Saturday and be in line to face Colorado next week. Instead of facing the Rockies himself, Ryu will now take on the Mets on Wednesday following this upcoming start against the Diamondbacks. Across nine starts this year, Ryu has logged a 2.18 ERA and 1.01 WHIP with a 54:12 K:BB in 45.1 innings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Anyone starting this dude Sunday at home v SD?

Ofc.. its the padres

This guy has been insane lately.  I can't remember a pitcher coming back from shoulder surgery and pitch so well.

What a week, when owners needed it the most too! Just have to wonder if he's going to get an abbreviated start to close out the year and be ready for playoffs??