SpecialFNK

Buy Low/Sell High 2018

4 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Would love me some Schoop before he goes 20/50 ROS with a 280+ clip

being an O's fan, I'm not a believer in Schoop this year. This team is toast. They're going to trade his best friend (Machado), plus who knows who else, and they have nothing to play for. If it was a contract year, then I would.. but all signs pointing down for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Would love me some Schoop before he goes 20/50 ROS with a 280+ clip

Or that just won’t happen.

• Like 1

I bought low on Rizzo - took a look at all of his underlying peripherals and his overall talent. That in combination with a solid Cubs team and Wrigley in the summer made him a solid buy for me. Feels like Machado last year - terrible first month which kept his overall stats low then luck turned in the second half.

For the second half I think Rizzo is something like a .265 hitter with 15-20 bombs and 100 R+RBI and many owners would be willing to sell for less than that.

4 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

I bought low on Rizzo - took a look at all of his underlying peripherals and his overall talent. That in combination with a solid Cubs team and Wrigley in the summer made him a solid buy for me. Feels like Machado last year - terrible first month which kept his overall stats low then luck turned in the second half.

For the second half I think Rizzo is something like a .265 hitter with 15-20 bombs and 100 R+RBI and many owners would be willing to sell for less than that.

When I first saw this I thought I read 100 RBI+ and was gonna have you pass me whatever you were on hahaha.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, Zig Zag said:

Only reason why I still hesitate to buy Desmond is because before today he was still batting .189 in the last 14 days and .235 in the last 30.  Granted he was definitely putting up some power but he is still a big drag on AVG and OBP.

His BB rate has really gone up in June. Hopefully not an anomaly

No one mentioned Matt Carpenter in this thread.

Sad.

So many smart people and no one pegged Matt -- 2nd in the league in OPS since 5/16 -- Carpenter as a good buy low.

I wonder sometimes.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 2

And where was your post touting him? 

2 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

And where was your post touting him? 

Nowhere!

I come to this thread for tips on who to buy and who to sell....isn't that the whole point lol??

I kid, of course.

But hey, now it's not that much an accomplishment, I know, but I got Goldschmidt right!

Since May 19th he's second in the league in OPS behind only Mike Trout!

On 5/19/2018 at 2:58 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Time to push all your chips into the middle on Goldschmidt

all-in.gif

Don't go kicking the tires once he starts showing signs of life. The Goldy owner will laugh you out of the room.

if you can get someone to give you a big bat, and you have good pitching...id deal verlander high

think verlander sees a good deal of regression

7 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

if you can get someone to give you a big bat, and you have good pitching...id deal verlander high

think verlander sees a good deal of regression

I dealt Verlandet for Soto + Snell last week (keeper league)!

• Like 3

Doolitte seems like a good sell candidate to me.

Now, he's a closer and the numbers are off-the-charts good, but I don't see him having the stamina to keep this up over the course of an entire year.

Already starting to fade a little...K's are down.

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Now, he's a closer and the numbers are off-the-charts good, but I don't see him having the stamina to keep this up over the course of an entire year.

He was pretty damn good last year as well.  I think he's legit.

11 hours ago, taobball said:

Or that just won’t happen.

20/50 meant 20 k's/50 AB

28 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I dealt Verlandet for Soto + Snell last week (keeper league)!

big time win for you

5 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

No one mentioned Matt Carpenter in this thread.

Sad.

So many smart people and no one pegged Matt -- 2nd in the league in OPS since 5/16 -- Carpenter as a good buy low.

I wonder sometimes.

Dude is hitting .330 and is the 4th ranked player in my OPS league over the last month. Buy low has looooong gone.

• Like 2

What do we think of Tommy Pham as a buy-low. He batted .306 last year. He is surely on the verge of a hot streak.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

What do we think of Tommy Pham as a buy-low. He batted .306 last year. He is surely on the verge of a hot streak.

As a Tommy Pham owner, I can tell you that I'm not selling low on him. Despite the BA and lack of RBI, he's on pace for roughly 110 runs, 26 HR, and 18 SB. I think you're going to have a hard time convincing Pham owners to sell him low. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:42 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

I sold. 

People laughed at selling high on Albies... then he was really bad and nobody could sell low ... now he's good again, but not hitting HRs at the rate he was, but getting hits and doubles like we expected.

I have no point other than I think you could teach a class on the principle and theory of sell high/buy low with this kid this year!

1 minute ago, jahweedum said:

People laughed at selling high on Albies... then he was really bad and nobody could sell low ... now he's good again, but not hitting HRs at the rate he was, but getting hits and doubles like we expected.

I have no point other than I think you could teach a class on the principle and theory of sell high/buy low with this kid this year!

I like the Patience class better than the Sell high/buy low class.  Plus there's always hotter chicks.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I like the Patience class better than the Sell high/buy low class.  Plus there's always hotter chicks.

Not sure what kind of chicks gravitate toward a sell/buy class, but they sound a little wild.

• Haha 2

Just when I was ready to sell Matt Kemp....He decides to go 8-for-9, 5 Runs, 2 HR, 8 RBI....just to remind me...not to sell.