SpecialFNK

Buy Low/Sell High 2018

2 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Guys gimme a buy low average guy. Looking for a guy hitting like 280 who is about to turn in on

I identified Odor 3 weeks ago as a guy who could give me a 300 BA stretch, got that right but hitting dead ends on the next guy

Maybe Inciarte who should hit better ROS, possibly Peralta ARI. Just a couple who may be had a bit cheap. John Jay also pretty helpful for AVG and available in lots of leagues.

3 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Guys gimme a buy low average guy. Looking for a guy hitting like 280 who is about to turn in on

I identified Odor 3 weeks ago as a guy who could give me a 300 BA stretch, got that right but hitting dead ends on the next guy

Not exactly your fit, but Carlos Santana and his .220 don't match his batted ball data.  He could get on a nice run rest of the season.

3 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Souza has been great since getting healthy.  

I like Travis Shaw as a buy low. He should become 2b eligible by the end of the week and those power numbers are huge for a weak position.

Looking for some good buy low pitchers that should be pitching competitively for the last few weeks. I’m worried about teams resting SPs in prep for the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

I like Travis Shaw as a buy low. He should become 2b eligible by the end of the week and those power numbers are huge for a weak position.

I recently did just this, BUT be careful.  With the Moustakas and Schoop additions they are likely to sit him against a lot of lefties.  Not that he was doing great things against them before this.  I'll say he's an excellent buy IF you have a super-utility guy (eg Profar, Cabrera) to plug in when he sits OR you have a 3B or 2B who also has significant splits you can play with (eg Franco, Lemahieu).

34 minutes ago, GC Tacos said:

Looking for some good buy low pitchers that should be pitching competitively for the last few weeks. I’m worried about teams resting SPs in prep for the playoffs.  

I could have the wrong perspective, but my sense is that teams usually like to keep starters on regular rotation heading into the playoffs. Might get pulled a little early or maybe an extra day of rest, but there usually aren't too many missed starts.  Hitters on teams that have clinched usually get extra days off, though.

Buy Low

Ryan Braun - Healthy & starting to heat up and could be a real force in that super deep Milwaukee lineup.  

Johnathon Villar - Will see everyday pt in Baltimore and is playing for his career.  Started out 8/17 with power, speed and patience in 4 games (and one 1 K).

Marwin Gonzalez - PT wont be an issue with all the Houston injuries.  In the last week he has 4 HR.  Starting to seem like he is going on that same kind of ridiculous run he ended 2017 on and then carried into the playoffs.

5 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Avisail Garcia is under-regarded in fantasy circles and is a potential strong avg guy down the stretch (never walks, though).

• Like 1

[Several removed -- this is not the Bench Coach forum.  Touts of specific buy-low / sell-high players: good.  Questions about which players might be good buy lows or sell highs: okay.  "Should I offer player X or player Y for player Z": not okay.  Your tales of trade offers you made / accepted: also not okay.]

I'd throw out Freeman as a buy low if you can. Probably depends on the owner but he has had some mediocre month plus but he's yiumg, talented, and playing for a team in a tight conference battle. You won't get him for scraps but he also may cost less than what I would call an elite 1B should. 

• Like 1

Im out of contention this year in one of my keeper leagues. Curious if anyone has thoughts on any good young upside hitters to buy low for next year and beyond?

On 8/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, Baur10 said:

I'd throw out Freeman as a buy low if you can. Probably depends on the owner but he has had some mediocre month plus but he's yiumg, talented, and playing for a team in a tight conference battle. You won't get him for scraps but he also may cost less than what I would call an elite 1B should. 

Freeman is hitting .333 with 3 HR, 14 RBI, 15 R and 1 SB over the last month, as a braves fan i'm glad that's mediocre, shows how good Freeman is. lol

Edited by cdd10

29 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Im out of contention this year in one of my keeper leagues. Curious if anyone has thoughts on any good young upside hitters to buy low for next year and beyond?

Conforto, Kingery, and Sano all seem like options that fit the bill.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Freeman is hitting .333 with 3 HR, 14 RBI, 15 R and 1 SB over the last month, as a braves fan i'm glad that's mediocre, shows how good Freeman is. lol

In my league he's ranked as the 10th best 1B over the past month which is pretty mediocre for Freeman.  Again he's not going to be cheap, but it's all about price relative to performance.  After the first month or so of the season he probably would have cost you a top 5-10 performer in a trade.  Right now it probably won't.

37 minutes ago, paintingtheblack said:

Conforto, Kingery, and Sano all seem like options that fit the bill.

I am trying to get Calhoun from another manager but he wont bite. I think Conforto is a nice alternative. Kingery is ok but im not a fan of Sano at all

On 2018-08-07 at 12:40 PM, GC Tacos said:

Its the majors. These guys are playing for their jobs and contracts. They'll all be pitching competitively.  Septmeber always has some weird AAAA type lineups if you manage to stream properly though.  Go with the goods. Resting for the playoffs is only a last week type thing.