1972Miamidolphins

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Thank you

Yep.  I think there is also 1 point awarded for 300 passing yards, 100 rushing, or 100 receiving yards.

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

1.04  Saquon Barkley 

Shocker 😂

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

Shocker 😂

I was (somewhat) torn ... and would’ve went elsewhere in a standard scoring format

I don’t think people realize how many receptions he’s going to pile up - and no reason he can’t be a top overall fantasy player year 1

Shurmur, Shula = huge workload. 70 receptions this year 

Posted (edited)

1.01 ZidaneValor - Todd Gurley, RB, St. Louis Rams
1.02 predator_05 - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
1.03 mrblonde1984 - Leveon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
1.04 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
1.05 DocJ - OTC
1.06 Ryan81 -
1.07 FFCollusion -
1.08 1972Miamidolphins -
1.09 Iron-cock -
1.10 boltup15 -
1.11 Winky -
1.12 ToO_BaD -
1.13 PackersFan1979 -
1.14 Br0kenB -

Edited by Iron-cock

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I was (somewhat) torn ... and would’ve went elsewhere in a standard scoring format

I don’t think people realize how many receptions he’s going to pile up - and no reason he can’t be a top overall fantasy player year 1

Shurmur, Shula = huge workload. 70 receptions this year 

He's a first rounder, no doubt. But at pick 4 you're fooling yourself if you don't think it's a homer pick. He's going to have to have a monster year to live up to that pick when you consider the other players you passed up. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be great, but I'm not ready to use a top 5 pick on him yet. 

• Like 1

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I look forward to Barkley being at the top of 2019s draft ... sort of how 2017 2nd round afterthought Gurley is now 

Gurley was an afterthought because he averaged 3.2 YPC and didn't have a single 100 yard rushing game in 2016 despite playing all 16 games.

4 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I look forward to Barkley being at the top of 2019s draft ... sort of how 2017 2nd round afterthought Gurley is now 

He might, I think it's just ridiculous how overconfident you are about it. He's obviously being taken as one of the top backs already, but if people dont annoint him the best thing since Gale Sayers you're all over them. What's wrong with people wanting to see him produce in the NFL before they take him over other proven players?

1 minute ago, ZidaneValor said:

Gurley was an afterthought because he averaged 3.2 YPC and didn't have a single 100 yard rushing game in 2016 despite playing all 16 games.

The point: A lot can change in a year, and I prefer being early to those changes 

He wasn’t making it back to me in round 2 - that I know

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The point: A lot can change in a year, and I prefer being early to those changes 

He wasn’t making it back to me in round 2 - that I know

No one cares that you took him. For me it's the bs reasons. Just call it what it is: a homer pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, mrblonde1984 said:

He might, I think it's just ridiculous how overconfident you are about it. He's obviously being taken as one of the top backs already, but if people dont annoint him the best thing since Gale Sayers you're all over them. What's wrong with people wanting to see him produce in the NFL before they take him over other proven players?

Absolutely nothing ... I considered __, ___ and I’m sure both will go right after him.

I’m “all over” those who copy and paste the generic “dances too much” nonsense and cite some metric about 57/58 RBs without actually watching the games and thinking for themselves. His “weakness” is over exaggerated, to say the least.

I posted his worst games, because trust me - as a “homer” - I really wanted to look into this concern. I don’t automatically love the Giants first rounder - I’ve actually hated several recent selections (bye Reese). 

No one said anything after I posted them, asking for people to point out the “bad runs” or “soft/dancing” knocks I continue to hear. People mention the 57/58, like it’s anything more than a “style” indicator. He is a 230+ pound Lesean McCoy with the complete skill set of David Johnson/Leveon Bell. He “dances too much”, because his OL was atrocious and he was hit at/behind the line on almost half of his carries. (I believe 44%)

My outlook on Barkley has absolutely nothing to do with him being a Giant. If he was a Brown/Colt he’d still be on my fantasy team right now. He is a near flawless prospect who needs to be nitpicked in order to knock him. When his OL does the job, it’s game over. When they don’t, he’s a dynamo in the pass game that can run through, around, or jump over defenders. 

He still has to prove it, and I’m well aware of the “risk” I just took - but we are talking about a DJ clone with slightly more strength and athleticism. He’s going to touch the ball 350 times (22 touches a game) and pile up a ton of receptions along the way. 

And hes going to do it with 7 man fronts behind an OL that should be significantly improved (at least mediocre) with the additions of Solder/Hernandez.

If I’m wrong, oh well - at least I thought for myself and took who I wanted, not who “experts” told me to. 

17 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

No one cares that you took him. For me it's the bs reasons. Just call it what it is: a homer pick. 

Right, it’s only because he is a Giant ... like nfl execs, GMs, scouts aren’t all objectively calling him the best/most complete RB prospect in years 

Ok guys, lets not turn this into the Saquon thread.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, predator_05 said:

1.07 @FFCollusion @FFCollusionIsAColluder (saw this funny username, so i added it)

Some guy from a $250 league I posted here, upset about one of the trades I got off in the league, and came here, made that account, to try and convince the world I cheated.

If Cock hasn't done it yet, I assume that leaves it to me.  New job this year, so I should be able to stay on top of it.

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/101059

I'm not even close to prepared for this draft, I haven't even kept track of which players are on which teams, so don't expect any fast picks from me, while I research 12 possibilities every time I'm on the clock, lol.  My most analytical post so far this season, was breaking down the Grammar of Destiny's Child and their first #1 song in the DJ thread.  It's gunna be an interesting draft/season!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Holy crap we started?  I need to go grab a fantasy football mag at the gas station quick.

Hold your a** Cutler...

• Thanks 1

I’m messaging Cyber, Blonde and Cock two picks in case it gets back to me and I’m hungover tomorrow morning. 

OP beer is my favorite. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

I’m messaging Cyber, Blonde and Cock two picks in case it gets back to me and I’m hungover tomorrow morning. 

OP beer is my favorite. 

Hunter Henry or Witten. Got you bro. 👍

1 minute ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Hunter Henry or Witten. Got you bro. 👍

Hell yeah. Witten is the s---. 

****ted all over Cyber’s Giants the past 15 years. 

37 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

Hell yeah. Witten is the s---. 

****ted all over Cyber’s Giants the past 15 years. 

I liked Witten a lot actually ... almost as much as the fact Dallas has won nothing in 2 decades.

G’night 

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I liked Witten a lot actually ... almost as much as the fact Dallas has won nothing in 2 decades.

G’night 

I’ll give you that. Two lucky runs. 

If only Patrick Crayton didn’t screw up in the first run against y’all in the playoffs. If.