1972Miamidolphins

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

I thought about taking him, achilles injuries are no joke, ACLs are typically no longer a 1 year recovery to form but achilles still are.

1 minute ago, DocJ said:

I thought about taking him, achilles injuries are no joke, ACLs are typically no longer a 1 year recovery to form but achilles still are.

yeah I wanted Goodwin, but after he was off the board - 115 overall felt well worth the "risk". I don't see any other RBs on the board that'll make a big difference in fantasy ... and the WRs are dime a dozen at this point. Maybe he starts off PUP then is the season savior @ mid season. Also, Miller sucks. 

9.5 Allen Hurns (DAL)

Dak is going to throw a minimum of 450x, no matter how good Zeke is, to whom??

@Ryan81 OTC

@FFCollusion On Deck

Btw the draft board is missing the Eifert pick.

Edited by DocJ
  • Like 1

I’ll take Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings. Took a while to think about it. There were 3 remaining QBs I’d be happy with as my starter. I wasn’t sure all 3 would make it back as two teams have yet to make a QB and as we’ve seen, one team has already taken a 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

I’ll take Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings. Took a while to think about it. There were 3 remaining QBs I’d be happy with as my starter. I wasn’t sure all 3 would make it back as two teams have yet to make a QB and as we’ve seen, one team has already taken a 2nd. 

Nice ... yeah that Brady/Wentz double dip really threw me off 

Although I don’t think they’ll be much difference between Ben/Wentz (for fantasy purposes). Ben was quietly top 5 in key categories 

LaGarrette Blount.  New Head Coach, who was part of Blounts best year with the Patriots, brings him with Matt Patricia from the Pats to the Lions.

I’m very conflicted here... I’ll go:

Kenny Golladay, WR, Detriot Lions

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Nice ... yeah that Brady/Wentz double dip really threw me off 

Although I don’t think they’ll be much difference between Ben/Wentz (for fantasy purposes). Ben was quietly top 5 in key categories 

That’s how I feel. I lumped about 8 guys together (Wentz, Luck, Rivers, Big Ben, Cousins, etc.) and was content with whatever was left. But I wasn’t taking the risk of being stuck with someone in the next tier. 

Im guessing Cousins throws for 4,200 and 25-30 TDs. Not spectacular but I’ll take it as the 12th QB off the board. Thielen and Diggs is a huge upgrade over Crowder and whoever else was there. Even if he throws less passes and they’re in the lead more often I expect top 10 production. 

Martavis Bryant - WR, Oakland

Fake News! ^_^

@ToO_BaD - OTC

Edited by Winky
  • Like 2

Recap summary of last two picks:

Giovani Bernard - if I need him to fill in as my RB2, I’m ok with that. He’s a high end cuff to Mixon and should see a good amount of snaps/targets each game. Upside scenario is either Mixon continues to play at an average level while Gio continues to be efficient OR Mixon gets hurt and Bernard becomes a high end RB2 at worst. 

Rishard Matthews - value WR. Now that the Titans have moved away from Smash Mouth, I’m hoping the Titans air it out more and the loss of Decker is a big deal. Decker was targeted a good amount and Taywan will most likely be filling in the slot (unless Dez signs there). Either way I expect 110 targets, maybe he gets to 1k yards barring injury and maybe gets around 7-8 TD’s. 

8 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Marquise Lee

@Br0kenB otc

Almost took him.

12 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Recap summary of last two picks:

Giovani Bernard - if I need him to fill in as my RB2, I’m ok with that. He’s a high end cuff to Mixon and should see a good amount of snaps/targets each game. Upside scenario is either Mixon continues to play at an average level while Gio continues to be efficient OR Mixon gets hurt and Bernard becomes a high end RB2 at worst. 

Rishard Matthews - value WR. Now that the Titans have moved away from Smash Mouth, I’m hoping the Titans air it out more and the loss of Decker is a big deal. Decker was targeted a good amount and Taywan will most likely be filling in the slot (unless Dez signs there). Either way I expect 110 targets, maybe he gets to 1k yards barring injury and maybe gets around 7-8 TD’s. 

12 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Chris Carson.

@PackersFan1979 OTC

@Br0kenB on deck

I like these picks. 

I think Gio will see 10-12 touches a game regardless of Mixon. How many times have we seen it? Gio was far more talented than BenJarvus Green Ellis but he still plodded for half the touches. 

Chris Carson could be a dark horse. I’m not even sure Penny will start. Carson looked good last season and Pete seems like a guy to start the best guy regardless of draft capital invested. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

I like these picks. 

I think Gio will see 10-12 touches a game regardless of Mixon. How many times have we seen it? Gio was far more talented than BenJarvus Green Ellis but he still plodded for half the touches. 

Chris Carson could be a dark horse. I’m not even sure Penny will start. Carson looked good last season and Pete seems like a guy to start the best guy regardless of draft capital invested. 

I always tend to draft on the conservative side.  Figure this is my dark horse shot.  Obviously Seattle used high draft capital on Penny, but that doesn’t guarantee he will succeed.  Anything can happen, and with the remaining guys I’ll take the one who has the least amount of competition for touches.

Bilal Powell and Paul Richardson

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I always tend to draft on the conservative side.  Figure this is my dark horse shot.  Obviously Seattle used high draft capital on Penny, but that doesn’t guarantee he will succeed.  Anything can happen, and with the remaining guys I’ll take the one who has the least amount of competition for touches.

I about pulled the trigger on Carson as I really like the news out on him but I figured I should play it safe and cuff my only startable rb

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I about pulled the trigger on Carson as I really like the news out on him but I figured I should play it safe and cuff my only startable rb

Safe doesn't win CHAMPIONSHIPS dano. Get it together.

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I’ve won this league twice and I’m pretty conservative

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Definitely not in this league. 

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

I’ve never won. Last year was a train wreck. Drafting Howard, Crowell, Mixon, Marcellus, Carr... I don’t even know who else but that start was atrocious. Down the stretch wasn’t much better but that team struggled to score 100 points every week. AJ Green was about the only solid producer. 

I am however, much more confident in my squad this year. I think Baldwin, DT, and Hogan all have legit shots to be top 15. Kamara and McKinnon excite me. Greg Olsen does worry me some but I think he’ll at least post 70/700/6. 

Crowell and Hines are what ifs. But st least Crowell should get 15 touches a game and goal line duties. Recent articles I’ve read on Hines suggest he’ll be used from the get go. I’m hoping for the Darren Sproles role. 

19 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I usually veg out in the middle.  I’ve decided that I’m either coming in top or bottom 3 this season.  :D