1972Miamidolphins

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I just don’t see how his role changes. They may have signed Blount and Kerryon, but he’s still the third down catch up back unless the fourth rb on the roster takes that role. Maybe Kerryon takes more third down work than I expect and that would be the downside case. 

Yeah I was more concerned with Kerryon than Blount 

I like Riddick, maybe the rookie brought him down on everyone’s board. Could be a huge steal 

Just now, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Yeah I was more concerned with Kerryon than Blount 

I like Riddick, maybe the rookie brought him down on everyone’s board. Could be a huge steal 

I wouldn’t say huge steal but solid value. Would strongly prefer him in 1 ppr rather than 0.5 ppr

I think Theo Riddick sucks.

He's NEVER averaged 4 YPC in any season.  He's never had more than 6 TDs.

The best case scenario is maybe 55 receptions, 750 total yards, and 5-6 TDs.  If he could do better than that, he would have much more of a role.  He's spent 5 years in Detroit, and Detroit might have legitimately had the worst rushing attack in the league during that time (there was a stat last year that Ezekiel Elliott has more 100+ yard games than Matthew Stafford has gotten from his RBs in his entire career, and I think the last 100 yard rusher for Detroit is Reggie Bush or something).

If Theo Riddick could be good, he would have been good by now.

Edit: Yes, Reggie Bush had the last 100+ yard rushing day for Detroit on Thanksgiving in 2013!

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/32184/four-long-years-the-drought-of-the-detroit-lions-and-a-100-yard-running-back

Edited by ZidaneValor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZidaneValor said:

I think Theo Riddick sucks.

He's NEVER averaged 4 YPC in any season.  He's never had more than 6 TDs.

The best case scenario is maybe 55 receptions, 750 total yards, and 5-6 TDs.  If he could do better than that, he would have much more of a role.  He's spent 5 years in Detroit, and Detroit might have legitimately had the worst rushing attack in the league during that time (there was a stat last year that Ezekiel Elliott has more 100+ yard games than Matthew Stafford has gotten from his RBs in his entire career, and I think the last 100 yard rusher for Detroit is Reggie Bush or something).

If Theo Riddick could be good, he would have been good by now.

He does suck - as a “running back” 

PPR dump offs usually lead to RB2 / flex production - not bad for his usual cheap price 

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He does suck - as a “running back” 

PPR dump offs usually lead to RB2 / flex production - not bad for his usual cheap price 

Is it even good for a flex though?

Let's give him the max projection: 60 catches, 750 total yards, 6 TDs.  Those would all be career highs.  That's 141 fantasy points.  That would have put Theo Riddick in 62nd place last season among WRT.  Even if I was generous and gave him 7 TDs, that 147 fantasy points bumps him to 54th place.

Whoopty-doo.

I'm not burning a draft pick on someone who's ceiling is not even Top-50 Flex.

16 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I just don’t see how his role changes. They may have signed Blount and Kerryon, but he’s still the third down catch up back unless the fourth rb on the roster takes that role. Maybe Kerryon takes more third down work than I expect and that would be the downside case. 

If the Lions blew a top 50 pick on a RB and he ends up in some kind of bizarre timeshare with Blount AND Riddick, the GM screwed up their draft.

Then again Ameer was pick 54 so who knows.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

If the Lions blew a top 50 pick on a RB and he ends up in some kind of bizarre timeshare with Blount AND Riddick, the GM screwed up their draft.

Then again Ameer was pick 54 so who knows.

Agreed, I think Blount slowly gets phased out, but I can’t see them giving Kerryon that much third down work even though he looked pretty solid at it in Auburn, nothing like Riddick though unfortunately. Targeting Kerryon aggressively in dynasty though. 

2 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Let's give him the max projection: 60 catches, 750 total yards, 6 TDs.  Those would all be career highs.  That's 141 fantasy points.  That would have put Theo Riddick in 62nd place last season among WRT.  Even if I was generous and gave him 7 TDs, that 147 fantasy points bumps him to 54th place.

Whoopty-doo.

He had like 4 startable games last year, two were when Tion Green was the other RB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RiddTh00/fantasy/2017/

He'll have his start-able weeks, good luck guessing them.  He's probably fine as a flex in a league this deep, esp during bye weeks.  He's not a sproles or woodhead (at least not yet).  I'd rather have upside, but opinions will differ.

2 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Whoopty-doo.

at RB - in a deep PPR league - he’s a decent pick at this price because he’s a decent plug in / “RB3” if you will.

i Don’t even like Riddick that much, just saying there have been worse picks ...Riddick not gonna win you the league / not gonna lose it for you either at his price 

if kerryon takes on 3rd down work, Riddick becomes droppable. We’re all throwing darts at this point (although I am pretty psyched I got Parker/Lockett so late) ... 

Wasn’t Riddick the RB10 a few years ago in 1ppr?  I’m not suggesting he’s going to repeat that in his current situation.

1 minute ago, DocJ said:

Wasn’t Riddick the RB10 a few years ago in 1ppr?  I’m not suggesting he’s going to repeat that in his current situation.

Hes been a legit PPR RB for awhile ... Kerryon was the only reason I didn’t view him as highly (for fantasy purposes)

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

at RB - in a deep PPR league - he’s a decent pick at this price because he’s a decent plug in / “RB3” if you will.

i Don’t even like Riddick that much, just saying there have been worse picks ...Riddick not gonna win you the league / not gonna lose it for you either at his price 

if kerryon takes on 3rd down work, Riddick becomes droppable. We’re all throwing darts at this point (although I am pretty psyched I got Parker/Lockett so late) ... 

I do agree that's you can't really have a "bad" pick once you get to the 140s.

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler, who I know I can't start while Melvin Gordon is healthy, but is also one Melvin Gordon tweak from being a Top-12 RB for a couple weeks.

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

He'll have his start-able weeks, good luck guessing them.  He's probably fine as a flex in a league this deep, esp during bye weeks.  He's not a sproles or woodhead (at least not yet).  I'd rather have upside, but opinions will differ.

Agreed, it’s a debate on upside vs a boring flex in Riddick who does have decent upside in the case of injuries to the two down backs. 

1 minute ago, ZidaneValor said:

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler, who I know I can't start while Melvin Gordon is healthy, but is also one Melvin Gordon tweak from being a Top-12 RB for a couple weeks.

Debatable on Ekeler. I can’t see him becoming a top 12 rb due to a Gordon injury. 

2 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Debatable on Ekeler. I can’t see him becoming a top 12 rb due to a Gordon injury. 

I personally like the guy.  He looked good in the limited snaps he had last year, he had 28 catches despite Gordon having 55 himself, and the only other RBs on the roster are a practice squad guy and a 7th round compensatory rookie from this past draft.

I think if Gordon goes down (not wishing that on him), Ekeler immediately becomes THE guy.

All I know is, move over Zeke ...

breathe, relax, repeat - I’m joking. (I do think he’s worth the dart throw at his point , if he gets RB eligibility that would be nice..)

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

15 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

However, Theo Riddick sucks.  I'd much rather have a guy like Austin Ekeler,

Lets not talk about players that haven't been drafted yet.

^^^Disregard that. lol

Edited by Iron-cock

Just now, Iron-cock said:

Lets not talk about players that haven't been drafted yet.

He was drafted by Zidane

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

He was drafted by Zidane

Hah, totally didn't think he was taken yet.  I probably should have checked.  My bad Zidane.

Edited by Iron-cock

Jameis Winston - QB, TB

@ToO_BaD - OTC

Edited by Winky

9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Hah, totally didn't think he was taken yet.  I probably should have checked.  My bad Zidane.

No worries.