1972Miamidolphins

2018 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Recommended Posts

oh hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.05 David Johnson (ARI)

 

Right next to @Ryan81 again, unreal.

Edited by DocJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.01 ZidaneValor - Todd Gurley, RB, St. Louis Rams
1.02 predator_05 - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
1.03 mrblonde1984 - Leveon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
1.04 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
1.05 DocJ - David Johnson, RB, Arizona Cardinals
1.06 Ryan81 - Alvin Kamara, RB, New Orleans Saints

1.07 FFCollusion - Antonio Brown, WR, Titsburgh Feelers
1.08 @1972Miamidolphins - On the clock
1.09 Iron-cock -
1.10 boltup15 -
1.11 Winky -
1.12 ToO_BaD -
1.13 PackersFan1979 -
1.14 Br0kenB -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrblonde1984 said:

@Ryan81 wanted DJ, then Kamara. So...

 

Alvin Kamara, RB New Orleans Saints

 

...and so it begins Ryan...

Snipe meter:  DocJ 1   -   0 Ryan81

Edited by DocJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocJ said:

 

...and so it begins Ryan...

Snipe meter:  DocJ 1   -   0 Ryan81

Im waiting my turn... how many drafts does this make now? 3 or 4 where we’ve picked side by side. It’s a tradition. 

 

As for my pick. I just really wanted a RB at this spot. I was praying one of Zeke, DJ, or Saquon would make it back meaning AB would have to be drafted. But 1,500 yards, 70ish? receptions, and 13 TDs as a rookie? I’ll tske it. 

 

Ingram isn’t exactly known for his durability and he’s suspended 4 games. His yards per touch were great and he may not reach that but the uptick in usage should offset any regression. TDs are always hard to predict. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafting juices are starting to flow...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Pretty crazy how undervalued Hopkins was last year ... had Gurley/Hopkins/Jags in one league last year - team was on autopilot 

Got him in the second round last year in this league, lost my first pick in Odell, I remember being in a bar in ft lauderdale and him going off in week 14

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.01 ZidaneValor - Todd Gurley, RB, St. Louis Rams
1.02 predator_05 - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
1.03 mrblonde1984 - Leveon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
1.04 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
1.05 DocJ - David Johnson, RB, Arizona Cardinals
1.06 Ryan81 - Alvin Kamara, RB, New Orleans Saints

1.07 FFCollusion - Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburg Steelers
1.08  1972Miami Dolphins - DeAndre Hopkins, WR Houston Texans
1.09 Iron-cock - Leonard Fournette RB Jacksonville Jaguars 
1.10 boltup15 - @boltup15 OTC.
1.11 Winky -
1.12 ToO_BaD -
1.13 PackersFan1979 -
1.14 Br0kenB -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

So Barkley was going either 4th or 6th ... interesting 

The guy will be a stud. As a Cowboys fan, I don’t look forward to facing him for the next decade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

The guy will be a stud. As a Cowboys fan, I don’t look forward to facing him for the next decade. 

 

Thank you for the objectivity. While obviously I’m thrilled he’s on “my team” (reality and fantasy) ... the guy is about as flawless a prospect as I’ve seen - and yes, I would be as high on him if he was a Brown/Colt/etc. He’s an incredible “weapon” - not just running back. (I actually think he finishes with less than 1,000 yards rushing and is still top 5). 

 

Its easy to watch the highlights and forget you are watching a 230+ pound running back - I’m more impressed with the runs that go into the box score as a 5-10 yard gain but it took otherworldly athleticism to pull off (the hurdle/sideline tightrope Maryland run for example).

 

I recall watching his game vs Iowa and thinking “too bad the Giants won’t ever have a chance at him ...” - hopefully he makes 3-13 worth it, because that was by far the worst season I’ve ever witnessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

Thank you for the objectivity. While obviously I’m thrilled he’s on “my team” (reality and fantasy) ... the guy is about as flawless a prospect as I’ve seen - and yes, I would be as high on him if he was a Brown/Colt/etc. He’s an incredible “weapon” - not just running back. (I actually think he finishes with less than 1,000 yards rushing and is still top 5). 

 

Its easy to watch the highlights and forget you are watching a 230+ pound running back - I’m more impressed with the runs that go into the box score as a 5-10 yard gain but it took otherworldly athleticism to pull off (the hurdle/sideline tightrope Maryland run for example).

 

I recall watching his game vs Iowa and thinking “too bad the Giants won’t ever have a chance at him ...” - hopefully he makes 3-13 worth it, because that was by far the worst season I’ve ever witnessed. 

It’s hard to hate on the guy even if he is a division rival. Talent is talent. Just like OdellBeckham. Even if he made Brandon Carr look silly with that catch, I cant knock him. 

 

I think it’s a good pick. The Giants will use him. The only thing I can see potentially hurting is value is being behind in games and them needing to play catch up. But he should still see plenty of receptions keeping his value up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ryan81 said:

It’s hard to hate on the guy even if he is a division rival. Talent is talent. Just like OdellBeckham. Even if he made Brandon Carr look silly with that catch, I cant knock him. 

 

I think it’s a good pick. The Giants will use him. The only thing I can see potentially hurting is value is being behind in games and them needing to play catch up. But he should still see plenty of receptions keeping his value up. 

 

Ding ... people keep getting caught up on the rushing yards - if the Giants are losing all that means is more and more dump offs to Barkley. He’s not coming off the field. 

 

It’s actually his ability in the passing game that has me viewing him as essentially match up proof. I’ve repeatedly said I actually think he finishes (barely) under 1,000 rushing yards. He is getting slept on big time for his ability in the passing game. Obviously Odell is the alpha, and Shepard is a lovely slot / 4th option, but this offense is going to run through Odell, Barkley, and EE’s mismatches - with Shepard killing defenses on the rare occasion those 3 are all covered.  The Giants are loaded at the skill positions, but that doesn’t mean Barkley won’t see 300-350 touches. There is no way Shurmur/Shula don’t give him the ball 20-25 times a game ... I expect this time next year he’s going 1.01 unanimously. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I emailed Winky.  He hasn't been on Rotoworld in awhile but he's been in chat for another league with me recently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.