Phreedom32

Christian Villanueva 2018 Outlook

Honored Mexico homeland by hitting a bunch of foul balls and going hitless all weekend.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Honored Mexico homeland by hitting a bunch of foul balls and going hitless all weekend.

Maybe he was nervous and pressing...lol. That's what I'll go with for now ?.

• Like 1

2 more errors today, which brings the total to 7 so far on the year.  Bad defence and a plummeting BA are not helping things.  For those that worried the bells may toll, your time to sell high may be running out.  Beware, the pumpkin is upon us.

8 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

2 more errors today, which brings the total to 7 so far on the year.  Bad defence and a plummeting BA are not helping things.  For those that worried the bells may toll, your time to sell high may be running out.  Beware, the pumpkin is upon us.

Had been trying when he was still in the .300's up till around when he hit his last homerun vs. SF and have had no luck. Corner's are so stacked, even in my MI league, relative to some other spots like MI. Might have had better luck trying to swap for an OF or P (4 OF league/QS) but have been mostly alright in those areas. Nobody has had the MI depth for me to have gotten good relative value for Villanueva on a sell high

Edited by loro1991

i'm gonna give him as much leash as i can, but if the flavor of the week is too good to pass up he's probably my first cut. 

From the next coming to drop city. He’s down to 250. I don’t even know when his last hit even was

He kind of did this last year.  He was red hot when put into the line-up last season (and when I picked him up) then he cooled way off.  Maybe he is the streaky type and his streaks in both directions are long ones.  Anyway his start this season wasn't out of the blue.  He was just as hot last year for awhile.

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He kind of did this last year.  He was red hot when put into the line-up last season (and when I picked him up) then he cooled way off.  Maybe he is the streaky type and his streaks in both directions are long ones.  Anyway his start this season wasn't out of the blue.  He was just as hot last year for awhile.

He had 32 plate appearances last season, all in September.

• Like 1

Yeah he is done and safe to drop in all leagues. .230 or worse hitter now who just swings for the fences

19 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah he is done and safe to drop in all leagues. .230 or worse hitter now who just swings for the fences

Still has a .999 OPS.  Not all leagues care about batting average or even categories at all. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Still has a .999 OPS.  Not all leagues care about batting average or even categories at all. 

Actually it's .899 according to reality and it's dropping really fast.

Mostly because he can't hit RHP.

• Like 2

I own him and starting him against lefty gio although I know I will need to drop him soon once that ops dips below 700 in the next week or two

I think we all knew his BA was going to plummet. There's nothing in his MiLB career that suggests he would maintain even a solid BA. I think the hope has to be that he can continue to hit HRs while keeping his season BA above .240...which isn't looking real good right now. It seems, however, that he's a streaky hitter...a guy that will get scorching hot and go ice cold. Maybe the end result of those will be a .240 BA. 

Despite how cold Villanueva is, he's on a 150-game pace to go 85-45-100-5. I don't think he realistically reaches those numbers, but the hope is that he can still get to 30 HR. And as I said earlier in the thread, he's a guy you ride while he's hot and you've got some slow-starters and/or injured players. 

His “hot streak” lasts about 3 games if your lucky, so before you realize he is an a hot streak it’s over.  Never much of an opportunity to get him in your lineup. He kinda reminds me of Jedd Gyorko. 

12 minutes ago, HBEACH said:

His “hot streak” lasts about 3 games if your lucky, so before you realize he is an a hot streak it’s over.  Never much of an opportunity to get him in your lineup. He kinda reminds me of Jedd Gyorko. 

Well he was pretty much on a hot streak from the time of his call-up until several days ago. From April 3-28, he hit .343-15-8-18 in 70 AB. That's more than just 3 days. His brief stint last year was pretty much one 12-game hot streak. 

This will be my final hurrah with Villanueva over the next two days. Faces a lefty tonight and he plays Thursday when there are a lot of teams off. I tried to trade him for anything of value and couldn’t get a taker. Going to drop until he heats up again. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Well he was pretty much on a hot streak from the time of his call-up until several days ago. From April 3-28, he hit .343-15-8-18 in 70 AB. That's more than just 3 days. His brief stint last year was pretty much one 12-game hot streak. 

He was hot for 9 days this season 

April 13-22 15-29 (.517)

Rest Of Season 11-74 (.148)

Edited by HBEACH
Update
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HBEACH said:

He was hot for 9 days this season 

April 13-22 15-29 (.517)

Rest Of Season 11-74 (.148)

I'll give that to you, but you have include the two games after April 22 (27-28) when he was 2-for-7 with 2 R, HR, 2 RBI. Either way, it's more than 3 games, which was my larger point.  

You made some good points. I guess I can’t get over the .182 average against righties. That’s the wrong side of the platoon. 

Now he cant hit lefties smh