• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
Akecheta

Derek Dietrich 2018 Outlook

He has 1B/2B/3B/OF eligibility, and already has 28 AB's this year. Could we be witnessing this year's Marwin Gonzalez? I'm taking a flier on him with Wil Myers heading to the DL. 

Posted (edited)

His numbers for the year look pretty good, has he been pretty consistent? Worth owning in a 10 teamer if you need a multi-position guy?

Edited by St3v3k4hn

4 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

His numbers for the year look pretty good, has he been pretty consistent? Worth owning in a 10 teamer if you need a multi-position guy?

Came here to ask the same thing. He has been hot for a few weeks now. 

Early in the year he was playing LF everyday and hitting leadoff.  He has been getting more off days of late, and has been frequently hitting fifth.  Still a useful player for many fantasy teams.

Anybody know why he's been benched 4 out of the last 6 games after starting and thriving the previous 6 in a row!? Was there an injury? He's even homered and scored a run in the 2 out 6 he's recently played in....#42 player over last 30 days in yahoo and can't get playing time all of the sudden. 

Posted (edited)

Anybody know why he's been benched 4 out of the last 6 games after starting and thriving the previous 6 in a row!? Was there an injury? He's even homered and scored a run in the 2 out 6 he's recently played in....#42 player over last 30 days in yahoo and can't get playing time all of the sudden. 

I came here to find out the same thing, I hate to drop him but I need more reliability on the starts....gonna have to drop him and pick up Leonys Martin.. I could use some more steals anyway

Edited by ZiggyDoc

Good question. I've had him on my scout team all year and have considered adding him a few times. Home ballpark and surrounding lineup has kept me away. 

Started him this week in a weekly lock league, he was on fire and they bench him.  Makes sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Started him this week in a weekly lock league, he was on fire and they bench him.  Makes sense.

I'm hating on Mattingly right now 

Posted (edited)

Seems when he is benched a lefty has been starting so maybe Mattingly is platooning him. 

Edited by KTOWNRACER

I figure you could do worse for a nice swiss army knife bench player. Very solid #s in my league that counts OPS + Hits, ranked around 100. He's 28yo so he's still young enough to have figured it out & we all know about the 27yo stigma which he's only a year removed... Sooo maybe he's figuring "something" out with consistent playing time. After Coors i expect a drop and his home #s aren't nearly as good as his road #s but again, you could do much worse for a Utility Swiss-Army knife 🔪

He has shown some decent numbers last year when allowed to play.  With all three of last year's outfielders gone from Miami he finally gets to be an everyday player thus the all important consistent at bats that any good hitter needs to thrive. 

Hopefully Jeter will get upset that he still has a decent player in his line-up and will trade him to a contending team who also needs an everyday outfielder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He has shown some decent numbers last year when allowed to play.  With all three of last year's outfielders gone from Miami he finally gets to be an everyday player thus the all important consistent at bats that any good hitter needs to thrive. 

Hopefully Jeter will get upset that he still has a decent player in his line-up and will trade him to a contending team who also needs an everyday outfielder.

Colorado should trade for him. 
He just hit .615 with a 2.1 OPS at Coors in 3 games, with 3 HR's,  2 doubles,  4 R, 4 RBI.
Last year,  he was 4 for 7 with two doubles

Benched immediately after I picked him up  because he can’t hit anymore

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Benched immediately after I picked him up  because he can’t hit anymore

It is called a "slump" and is not too rare a phenomena in baseball.  B)