Akecheta

Derek Dietrich 2018 Outlook

He has 1B/2B/3B/OF eligibility, and already has 28 AB's this year. Could we be witnessing this year's Marwin Gonzalez? I'm taking a flier on him with Wil Myers heading to the DL. 

Posted (edited)

His numbers for the year look pretty good, has he been pretty consistent? Worth owning in a 10 teamer if you need a multi-position guy?

Edited by St3v3k4hn

4 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

His numbers for the year look pretty good, has he been pretty consistent? Worth owning in a 10 teamer if you need a multi-position guy?

Came here to ask the same thing. He has been hot for a few weeks now. 

Early in the year he was playing LF everyday and hitting leadoff.  He has been getting more off days of late, and has been frequently hitting fifth.  Still a useful player for many fantasy teams.

Anybody know why he's been benched 4 out of the last 6 games after starting and thriving the previous 6 in a row!? Was there an injury? He's even homered and scored a run in the 2 out 6 he's recently played in....#42 player over last 30 days in yahoo and can't get playing time all of the sudden. 

Posted (edited)

Anybody know why he's been benched 4 out of the last 6 games after starting and thriving the previous 6 in a row!? Was there an injury? He's even homered and scored a run in the 2 out 6 he's recently played in....#42 player over last 30 days in yahoo and can't get playing time all of the sudden. 

I came here to find out the same thing, I hate to drop him but I need more reliability on the starts....gonna have to drop him and pick up Leonys Martin.. I could use some more steals anyway

Edited by ZiggyDoc

Good question. I've had him on my scout team all year and have considered adding him a few times. Home ballpark and surrounding lineup has kept me away. 

Started him this week in a weekly lock league, he was on fire and they bench him.  Makes sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Started him this week in a weekly lock league, he was on fire and they bench him.  Makes sense.

I'm hating on Mattingly right now 

Posted (edited)

Seems when he is benched a lefty has been starting so maybe Mattingly is platooning him. 

Edited by KTOWNRACER