ZChronicNebula

Shin-Soo Choo 2018 Outlook

Suprised there wasn't already a thread for one of the hottest hitters in baseball right now...

Edited by ZChronicNebula

1 minute ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Suprised there wasn't already a thread for one of the hottest hitters in baseball right now...

I'm not, he's a fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me type of player.

• Like 1

Not sure what there is to be fooled on. We know what he is. He has been a great hitter for a decade and is very low cost. Sure, hes not exciting but he appears to be aging quite well. In OBP leagues he is even better. Ride the wave as long as it lasts and have a backup ready. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if DeShields is going to get the leadoff spot back if Choo keeps getting on base at a good clip.  Choo makea a lot of sense in the leadoff spot. 

I don't like that he's DH as he might get less playing time in NL parks.  But if he hits really well, he can still field well enough in RF.   So I'm sure he'll start over other guys. He's a solid hitter though.  Can't go wrong with him in your OF.

10 hours ago, Topgun said:

I'm not, he's a fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me type of player.

His stats say that what you just said does not compute.

I think Shin-Soo is often underappreciated.

I know he has been injured frequently in the past but his last two full season where he had over 500 AB's he scored 90+ runs, hit 20+ home runs, had at least 75 RBI's with an OBP greater than .355. 

I will take parts of that production when healthy.

• Like 2

It looks like in Texas--and barring injury--we can expect: 530 AB, 20 HR, 75 RBI, 95 R, 10 SB, .265 AVG, .355 OBP.  Super solid if very uninteresting. 

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

On ‎18‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 8:15 PM, En Votto Veritas said:

It looks like in Texas--and barring injury--we can expect: 530 AB, 20 HR, 75 RBI, 95 R, 10 SB, .265 AVG, .355 OBP.  Super solid if very uninteresting. 

They should keep him in the leadoff spot, especially against righties.

26 games as the Rangers leadoff hitter: 7 HR - 13 RBI - 19 R - 14,6 BB% - .872 OPS - 132 wRC+

He's been on a tear lately. 41 runs driven in for the year, 12 HR's, 30 RBI's are all nice number. More SB's would be nice, but the rest of the counting stats are there. Yet, he's only owned in 62% of Yahoo leagues. He's underrated IMO. Never takes days off, reliable as they come. 

• Like 1

On ‎13‎-‎6‎-‎2018 at 10:29 PM, inmybag said:

He's been on a tear lately. 41 runs driven in for the year, 12 HR's, 30 RBI's are all nice number. More SB's would be nice, but the rest of the counting stats are there. Yet, he's only owned in 62% of Yahoo leagues. He's underrated IMO. Never takes days off, reliable as they come. 

Very underrated.

He has reached base in 30 straight games and he now has a 133 wRC+, which is 12th among all OF.

• Like 1

He now has a 144 wRC+. That's 17th among all hitters and 7th among all OF.

• Like 2