High&Inside

GAMEDAY Thread 4/7/18

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

There's no reason not to automate the strike zone.

We have the technology.

The people that actually have the eyesight to accurately call balls and strikes on nearly EVERY pitch are either in the batters box or flying fighter planes.  And even they wouldn't get it correct 100% of the time. 

Instead we get fallable humans impacting the outcome of the game that they are only supposed to officiate every night with their bias and ineptitude.  Every freaking inning I see an ump impact an at bat by screwing up a strike or ball call.   It's ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. It would be a pretty easy implementation. The umpire could still stay behind the plate and make the calls, just after the calls are given too him. Could be a little device that vibrates for a strike, would very easy. It would also help speed up the game to eliminate some of the conversations, stare downs, or inevitable arguments the umpires create with a missed call.

Ken Giles in the game in a 0-0 tie at home. First pitch is a Villanueva double.

2 minutes ago, mowntineer said:

Donaldson's arms look tiny. Has he always been slender? Always thought he was a bit more built?

Nope. He's got bowling balls for calves, but tiny arms.

• Like 1

Jake Thompson is the only Phillie to not get a hit today. Unreal.

Wild walk off in Houston. a 20 foot popup by Bregman lost in the IF

Does anyone know where you go to download the MLB.TV app for mac osx? MLB has removed their download center this year and every page i go to doesn't have a way to download it.

Can someone explain to me why Jake Thompson of the Phillies is being credited with a save? The game was a complete blowout by the time he came in. 

Clutch Cutch!  

First six hit game of McCutchen’s career.

Cutch literally put the entire SF team on his shoulders this game.  Pretty cool to see.

7 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Can someone explain to me why Jake Thompson of the Phillies is being credited with a save? The game was a complete blowout by the time he came in. 

pitched 3 innings and finished a voctory.  you can also use google to check the Saves rule

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smallball said:

Cutch literally put the entire SF team on his shoulders this game.  Pretty cool to see.

1 of the best players of this decade and the face of the franchise and Pirates just gave him away ... pathetic Pirates

• Like 2

Anyone know why Blackmon was taken out of the game? Also why the hell was he bunting with 2 men on base? 

3 minutes ago, jb_power said:

pitched 3 innings and finished a voctory.  you can also use google to check the Saves rule

I've literally never seen that happen in the 7 years I've been playing fantasy baseball.

12 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

Did he throw 3 innings?  They get a save if they pitch 3 innings and the team wins. (unless they're the pitcher getting the win)

40 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Does anyone know where you go to download the MLB.TV app for mac osx? MLB has removed their download center this year and every page i go to doesn't have a way to download it.

Are you able to find the MLB At Bat app?  For some reason on Fire TV it is no longer the MLB TV app its just called MLB At Bat now, like on mobile.