Dirtywater97

Jaime Barria 2018 Outlook

nice line last night, win through six scoreless innings with six K's. I picked him up as a stream but I am considering holding at this point.

Over the last month he has 4 wins, close to a K an inning over 29 IP and 2.15 ERA.

• Like 1

that change does look pretty filthy. key for him to get higher k’s is to get to 2 strikes cuz that change will getcha

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pjoner said:

nice line last night, win through six scoreless innings with six K's. I picked him up as a stream but I am considering holding at this point.

Over the last month he has 4 wins, close to a K an inning over 29 IP and 2.15 ERA.

I streamed and am debating keeping too while he’s hot. Lots of run support should get him a few wins.

With the six man rotation, and Barria constantly getting shuttled between Triple-A and the Majors, is it just a matter of Barria only starting when the Angels play six days in a row?

Barria is a frustrating player to own.  Great results, but only sporadic starts.

1 minute ago, KarlJ. said:

With Ohtani's blister issues will Barria be getting the call up again?

Probably yea

32 minutes ago, KarlJ. said:

With Ohtani's blister issues will Barria be getting the call up again?

Barria pitched yesterday but he only threw 44 pitches. The next open date on Angels schedule listed TBD is Monday June 11th. I’m guessing he’ll get the call then.

• Thanks 1

Barria becomes close to a must add in most 12+ leagues with Ohtani's injury, imo. For those in weekly leagues, I think he might get 2 starts next week.

Edited by meh2

18 hours ago, Philoumenos said:

Back to AAA anyways huh.

What do you mean, he’s already in AAA. 

Anyone see signs of a call up aside from the Monday TBD?

yes, a lot of talk on Twitter that he will start for them on Tuesday...and, no, they have not yet called him up (per their transactions website and 

every other outlet imaginable), yet YAHOO has removed his NA status already...unreal. They never fail to amaze me. 

1 minute ago, WTP333 said:

yes, a lot of talk on Twitter that he will start for them on Tuesday...and, no, they have not yet called him up (per their transactions website and 

every other outlet imaginable), yet YAHOO has removed his NA status already...unreal. They never fail to amaze me. 

i do see that some of their stats are missing or not posting/showing, so maybe there is something funky going on...hopefully he keeps that NA status

for a light schedule/day tomorrow

5 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Double start this upcoming week?

theScore has him listed tomorrow vs Arizona and Sunday vs Toronta.  Not sure how reliable they are.  They also don’t have a starter listed for them Tuesday or Friday.

• Like 1

He's been good his last two starts @ SD and versus Detroit. 10.2 IP, 2 Wins, 12 K's, 0.84 Era & 1.22 Whip. Are people rolling him out there tomorrow at Texas?

I started him and he looked fine. How come he never goes longer than 5 or 6 innings? His pitch count wasn’t high today.

He’s been getting more K’s lately too.