• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
RMJ_12

Davante Adams 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, cohenstantinople said:

There's 4300 yards and 39 TDs to go around. 

Moore  1250 - 10

Graham 750 - 13

St. Brown 900 - 5

Valdez-Scantling 775 - 4

Ty Mont 650 - 4

Williams+Jones 200 - 1

Adams + Cobb = IR

Who can say (applicable to all threads), but I’d suggest the GB offense will surprise us, though Rodgers will be absolutely predictably on fire.

I don't really understand this post.  Are you saying that Adams could bust because of injury?

4 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

That was ONE season and he was beat out by Palmer and Brees.  He's usually not in the top 3 in pass attempts and I love how you had to narrow it down to only the NFC.

The thing about these forums is that if you say something it actually has to be true.

Oh so I didnt make a patently false statement because i actually qualified it to the NFC and Rodgers is pass happy ?

I love how you love how i specifically stated the NFC in my original statement  which you attempt to downplay but then want to make a statement about people in the forums say things that have to be true,

The thing is you need to learn context of statements instead of attempting to parse with nonsensical argumentation

Stop trolling dude. 

13 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Nonsense wins leagues.

With all due respect...WTF are you talking about? 

What in your nonsense breakdown is going to help you win your leagues? 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

It took him 3 whole seasons with Aaron Rodgers to start producing and most of his production is TD based.  If you think he's anywhere near as talented as Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, AJ Green, Mike Evans, or Keenan Allen you're lying to yourself.

The old 'talent' qualifier. Yeah I will take situation and opportunity over talent in this context. I'm betting on volume from a pass happy accurate QB on a team with a less than stellar defense in a tough confernece where you have to put up points. 

You don't have to be the most talented wr  in the NFL with Capt. Rodgers as your QB. 

15 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

I don't really understand this post.  Are you saying that Adams could bust because of injury?

6 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

With all due respect...WTF are you talking about? 

What in your nonsense breakdown is going to help you win your leagues? 

Joking, relax.

But if you scroll back earlier in the thread, I’ve made my arguments, and others have as well, and in the end I side with this: DAdams is a WR2 going at a borderline WR1 price. 

Thing is with Rotoworld, the threads seem to get circular, the same info and same arguments rehashed over and over, oftentimes because readers only read the last page or so. Progress is at times slow or nonexistent. I am open-minded, but based on DAdams’ history—with and without Rodgers—as well as the new vet at TE, and injury history of both Cobb and Adams, and the rookie talent at WR, and the receiving talent at RB, especially TyMont and how I expect he’ll get used, based on all these things, and the other offerings at this price, I’m not buying Adams in Round 2 / $48.

But I do stand by my statement: nonsense wins every season.

57 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Oh so I didnt make a patently false statement because i actually qualified it to the NFC and Rodgers is pass happy ?

I love how you love how i specifically stated the NFC in my original statement  which you attempt to downplay but then want to make a statement about people in the forums say things that have to be true,

The thing is you need to learn context of statements instead of attempting to parse with nonsensical argumentation

Stop trolling dude. 

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

Adams is the wr1 for the most pass happy QB in a tough NFC conference on a team with a less than stellar defense? You guys can debate over OBJ vs Hopkins and i will take Davante and keenan and not think twice about it.

THIS IS WRONG, I corrected you.  Get over it.  Stop posting things that aren't true if you don't want to look stupid. 

Until 2 years ago Rodgers was never even top 5 in the NFC in pass attempts.  Now they lost Jordy, they actually have a run game now, they drafted mostly defense especially in the early rounds, they added Muhammad Wilkerson.  To think Rodgers is near the top in pass attempts again is actually a bad call.  The Packers were much better when Rodgers didn't have to carry the team on his back.

Anyone who takes Adams and Allen over OBJ and Hopkins loses all credibility anyway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Anyone who takes Adams and Allen over OBJ and Hopkins loses all credibility anyway

Hopkins, sure.

Beckham has had declining output every year since he's entered the league (even on a per game basis, if you want to discount last year because of his injury).  They have more weapons than ever.  They have a coach who loves to run, and Barkley will get more volume than any NYG RB ever has.  They have a QB who is fading.

If you're in a standard league, Adams TDs could easily put him above Beckham's yardage.  I'm thinking 1100-12 vs 1300-8 is a reasonable finish -- which would but Adams over Beckham.

Edited by Lord_Varys

4 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Hopkins, sure.

Beckham has had declining output every year since he's entered the league (even on a per game basis, if you want to discount last year because of his injury).  They have more weapons than ever.  They have a coach who loves to run, and Barkley will get more volume than any NYG RB ever has.  They have a QB who is fading.

If you're in a standard league, Adams TDs could easily put him above Beckham's yardage.  I'm thinking 1100-12 vs 1300-8 is a reasonable finish -- which would but Adams over Beckham.

Yes your averages are going to keep going down when you start with probably the best rookie season anyone has ever had.

If your worst season is still 101/1367/10 it means you're the best WR in the league.

The fact that you're not the only one talking about Beckham "declining" at the age of 25 is seriously alarming.  Wake up people.

5 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

This is stupid even for you.  He'll have at least 1,000 yards and he has more TDs since the start of 2016 than any skill position player in the NFL.

Don't take it so personally, it makes you look really soft. I gave you 5 good reasons:

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

THIS IS WRONG, I corrected you.  Get over it.  Stop posting things that aren't true if you don't want to look stupid. 

Until 2 years ago Rodgers was never even top 5 in the NFC in pass attempts.  Now they lost Jordy, they actually have a run game now, they drafted mostly defense especially in the early rounds, they added Muhammad Wilkerson.  To think Rodgers is near the top in pass attempts again is actually a bad call.  The Packers were much better when Rodgers didn't have to carry the team on his back.

Anyone who takes Adams and Allen over OBJ and Hopkins loses all credibility anyway.

Dude you are such a post troll it's rather comical. You didn't correct me you parsed a statement according to your bias and then you decide to quibble over a point that does not invalidate my position; Rodgers finishing  # 2 or 3 s #1 in pass attempts  is irrelevant  because it's still a very high passing rate I will placate you and qualify it  and place the word ONE in front of  "the most pass QB's".

Nice try with the 'credibility' remark.  it's not about credbiliyt, it's about having a perspectve/view/opinion. Did all of your 'credible' draft picks work out exactly as planned last season ? More than likely they didnt, so you should stop attempting to piss on people who don't share your same draft view.

As i mentioned to you in another post focus less on 'winning' a nonsensical argument of your own creation and focus more on having a positive interaction  with those you don't agree with.  You may actually learn something.

You don't get a trophy or extra fantasy points for trolling people because if you did you would be First Team All-Troll. :lol:

Edited by dashoe

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BrianM said:

Top 10 in targets with Nelson gone, and Aaron Rodgers is his QB.   That's why.    Cobb's struggled lately.  Graham is a red zone threat and little else.  The run game is just ok at best, but the defense is sieve-y and still likely to lead to shootouts.    

I get the people who are questioning Adams right up against AJ Green and Mike Thomas's, but a flat out colossal bust?   The only argument for him busting is Rodgers or Adams getting hurt.   He's produced very well the last couple years.    Some of us see the window open for the volume he was missing to get to WR1 status, some dont, but he's not 2017 Amari Cooper or anything here.  

He's going ahead of AJ Green, so that's where the comparison starts. Yeah, he'll be a bust relative to his nonsensical ADP. Doesn't mean he can't be useful.

I'd put him alongside guys like Diggs, Jeffrey, and Demariyus Thomas. That's a step below 2nd round WR1s.

Edited by predator_05

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You didn't correct me

That's literally all I did.  With 1 sentence actually. 

Then you continued to cry about it for 3 paragraphs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

That's literally all I did.  With 1 sentence actually. 

Then you continued to cry about it for 3 paragraphs.

ok:)

15 hours ago, buckeyestilidie said:

Not to discredit everything you just said, but the man that's led the league the last two years in touchdowns, is a fake WR1? I mean, Rodgers, if healthy, is dropping 35+ touchdowns guaranteed. Who do you see catching most of those? Rookies with no chemistry? Cobb? I think Adams isn't extremely talented, but you don't really got to when you have a guy like Rodgers slinging you 115+ targets every year......

EDIT: After looking on FFC, Adams does have a second round price tag, but have you seen the guys going under him? Household names like Evans, Allen, and Hill should be taken before him in competitive leagues. Heck, I could make the case for Gordon too. Either way, come August, he won't be that high, brah.

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the TDs. Anyone that has played fantasy for more than 2 years will (or should) know that TDs are the most unpredictable of all the statistics. You don't count on TDs, but you can definitely count on receptions and yards.

You saw Mike Evans go from 12 to 3, then 12 to 5, all in the space of 4 years. And Evans, unlike Adams, actually is a complete receiver. Could you have predicted that? Or Calvin Johnson going from 16 in 2011 to 6 in 2012? Counting TDs as an indicator of future performance is suicidal in fantasy football.

Randall Cobb was Rodgers' favorite target in the red zone for about 3 years. We know what graham can do in the red zone, he practically lives there. Why is Adams considered a lock to get 10 TDs? Especially when we know he'll draw more attention from the opposing defense? And if you think Adams "isn't extremely talented", you're implicitly agreeing with my points, because that's exactly why i'd rather take "actually talented" receivers over him in the 2nd round.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

He's going ahead of AJ Green, so that's where the comparison starts. Yeah, he'll be a bust relative to his nonsensical ADP. Doesn't mean he can't be useful.

I'd put him alongside guys like Diggs, Jeffrey, and Demariyus Thomas. That's a step below 2nd round WR1s.

Funny because none of those guys has been a WR1 either of the past 2 years, while Adams has been both fantasy seasons. Including one with a bottom-3 NFL starting QB.

And now his targets are set to rise from a top-3 (arguable #1 overall) QB. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I seriously question the knowledge of anyone that picks Adams over Julio, Thomas, Green or Keenan allen. He has done NOTHING to show that he belongs in that category of players. In the 2nd round, he's an easy DND for me.

In fact, if i had to guess who'd be the biggest bust of the 2nd round - there's always a few - i'd put all my money on him. Good luck to any chump dumb enough to draft him that high.

I seeiously question whether you'll be around in December to eat crow over this post.  And consecutive WR1 seasons isn't "nothing". 

52 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Randall Cobb was Rodgers' favorite target in the red zone for about 3 years. 

Really?? Which 3 years? This should be entertaining. 

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yes your averages are going to keep going down when you start with probably the best rookie season anyone has ever had.

Year over year for four years.  Not like this is his 2nd or 3rd year.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

Really?? Which 3 years? This should be entertaining. 

From 2012-2014, 24 TDs in 28 starts. Not hard to look this up. I'm not sure this was entertaining as much as it was informative. :D

12 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I seeiously question whether you'll be around in December to eat crow over this post.  And consecutive WR1 seasons isn't "nothing". 

22 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Funny because none of those guys has been a WR1 either of the past 2 years, while Adams has been both fantasy seasons. Including one with a bottom-3 NFL starting QB.

And now his targets are set to rise from a top-3 (arguable #1 overall) QB. 

joshua, i'll swear on your holy bible, that i'll be here in December to eat crow. I have been on this forum since 2009, if you haven't noticed. Don't worry, we're in this together.

Adams isn't a WR1.

Edited by predator_05

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Don't take it so personally, it makes you look really soft. I gave you 5 good reasons:

I didn't take it personally.  You said something dumb and I called it dumb.  If that makes me look soft to you, well, OK?

You gave 5 reasons.  I wouldn't call them good.  In fact they're so far off base that they're not really worth responding to.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I didn't take it personally.  You said something dumb and I called it dumb.  If that makes me look soft to you, well, OK?

You gave 5 reasons.  I wouldn't call them good.  In fact they're so far off base that they're not really worth responding to.

Me: 5 well explained points on why Adams isn't worth a 2nd round pick.

You: "YEAH?!?!?! Well, you're STYOOOPID. And you're dumb!!! Adams will have 1100 yards....because i said so. So there."

That's basically how you look right now.

If they're "off-base", then tell me why. You can't have a debate if you're reacting like a kid from elementary school. I didn't call people disagreeing with me 'stupid', because i don't take it personally.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I don't understand why people keep bringing up the TDs. Anyone that has played fantasy for more than 2 years will (or should) know that TDs are the most unpredictable of all the statistics. You don't count on TDs, but you can definitely count on receptions and yards.

You saw Mike Evans go from 12 to 3, then 12 to 5, all in the space of 4 years. And Evans, unlike Adams, actually is a complete receiver. Could you have predicted that? Or Calvin Johnson going from 16 in 2011 to 6 in 2012? Counting TDs as an indicator of future performance is suicidal in fantasy football.

Randall Cobb was Rodgers' favorite target in the red zone for about 3 years. We know what graham can do in the red zone, he practically lives there. Why is Adams considered a lock to get 10 TDs? Especially when we know he'll draw more attention from the opposing defense? And if you think Adams "isn't extremely talented", you're implicitly agreeing with my points, because that's exactly why i'd rather take "actually talented" receivers over him in the 2nd round.

People keep bringing up TDs b/c Rodgers is an elite QB who generally throws at least 30 TDs each season.  With Nelson gone, Adams becomes the likeliest target.

I'm not too worried about competition from Graham.  Last year, the bulk of his TDs come from 5 yards and closer whereas the bulk of Adams' TDs come from 5-15 yards. 

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

From 2012-2014, 24 TDs in 28 starts. Not hard to look this up. I'm not sure this was entertaining as much as it was informative. :D

Cobb had 12 TDs in one year. 

During that same 2012-2014 time span, Jordy had 28 to Cobb's 24. Jordy was his TD maker, not Cobb. 

You're obviously using "starts" to justify your position here too. Sure, he "started" 28 games, but he played in 37. 

Youre right, it wasn't hard to look it up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

People keep bringing up TDs b/c Rodgers is an elite QB who generally throws at least 30 TDs each season.  With Nelson gone, Adams becomes the likeliest target.

I'm not too worried about competition from Graham.  Last year, the bulk of his TDs come from 5 yards and closer whereas the bulk of Adams' TDs come from 5-15 yards. 

You're not worried, but i definitely would be, if i was an Adams owner. Graham is a pretty big target himself. Maybe Graham will get injured?

6 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

You're obviously using "starts" to justify your position here too. Sure, he "started" 28 games, but he played in 37. 

Not sure why starts is in quotes but I'm glad you learned something. B)

3 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

You're not worried, but i definitely would be, if i was an Adams owner. Graham is a pretty big target himself. Maybe Graham will get injured?

I feel like you totally glossed over my point regarding Graham...