• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
RMJ_12

Davante Adams 2018 Outlook

Obviously had a great game and is a stud, but is there any concern with the Packers' incorporating 5 receivers into the game plan? He played 40/52 snaps, and Allison/MVS/Cobb/ESB all got run as well.

On 8/29/2018 at 12:05 PM, RMJ_12 said:

The fact that anyone is considering taking Adams over Julio is mind-blowing lol.  He's always good for 1400+ yards and averages 6 TD's per season.  Catches more passes too.  Please don't depend on double digit TD's from Adams.

I'm usually not this guy, but someone played the hindsight game on me concerning Thielen, so I'm paying it backwards. 

Im not right often. I nailed this one though. Don't feel bad. Lots of people shared your sentiment. 

And yes, we're still expecting Julio to be a low TD player, even though lots of ppl thought he would correct a 3 yr trend without any actual stats to back it up. 

Why does it seem like he plays an elite CB every week? I understand that he is nearly matchup proof, but last night was definitely tough sledding.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:16 AM, Olliemets said:

Obviously had a great game and is a stud, but is there any concern with the Packers' incorporating 5 receivers into the game plan? He played 40/52 snaps, and Allison/MVS/Cobb/ESB all got run as well.

9 games in and people  still have a tough time processing what it truly means to be Captain Rodgers wr1. . . :lol:

• Like 1

He's been great and reliable... now there may be one less mouth to feed with Allison possibly needing surgery.

WR1 - Set it and forget it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Why does it seem like he plays an elite CB every week? I understand that he is nearly matchup proof, but last night was definitely tough sledding.

It wasn't just that, it was that Belickik always double teams the opposing teams best player to take them out of the game.

Frankly, I'm not sure why all teams don't do this...in the NFL AND NBA lol.

This week, Gurley got below 16 - it was a shootout and they didn't need to run him as much, plus Goff BARELY missed him a few times for big plays, just like Adams. Tough matchups and game scripts happen to great players. Adams is averaging 20 points a game. He's elite, and absolutely producing his draft position.

This guy is a stud in FF, and an auto start. The only thing questionable is if he ever got hurt.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I'm usually not this guy, but someone played the hindsight game on me concerning Thielen, so I'm paying it backwards. 

Im not right often. I nailed this one though. Don't feel bad. Lots of people shared your sentiment. 

And yes, we're still expecting Julio to be a low TD player, even though lots of ppl thought he would correct a 3 yr trend without any actual stats to back it up. 

Regardless of the outcome it doesn't make it the smarter choice to take Adams over Julio.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what your point is here though, they aren't separated by many points right now.

17 hours ago, FooserX said:

It wasn't just that, it was that Belickik always double teams the opposing teams best player to take them out of the game.

This week, Gurley got below 16 - it was a shootout and they didn't need to run him as much, plus Goff BARELY missed him a few times for big plays, just like Adams. Tough matchups and game scripts happen to great players. Adams is averaging 20 points a game. He's elite, and absolutely producing his draft position.

This guy is a stud in FF, and an auto start. The only thing questionable is if he ever got hurt.

so much of belichick's genius is just doing the common sense, intelligent thing and waiting for opposing coaches to screw up, freak out, and shoot themselves and their teams right in the feet. i'm not saying that's all he does, and i'm not saying this to belittle his success. So often he just keeps calm and does something that just...makes sense and then the coach on the other sideline loses their mind. 

Adams is great. he's got a nice, safe, productive floor and every once in awhile he absolutely goes off. 

Edited by yossarian

17 hours ago, FooserX said:

You have to have the personnel and schemes to be able execute and to do it effectively.

Once you give a player extra coverage it means another player is open and your defense has to be able to compensate  for that.

this why NFL defense on't make shadowing a focal point because you on't want an OC to exploit  the extra coerage so you mix it up an choose your spots.

1. there are literally maybe a handful of shutdown corners in the league andd even then they don't shadow 100% of the game, much more effective to eploy,zones, rotations of db's etc

2.Good Qb's will burn you on the presnap read once they figure out your coverage schemes.

17 hours ago, ADDwithFF said:

He's been great and reliable... now there may be one less mouth to feed with Allison possibly needing surgery.

WR1 - Set it and forget it. 

Same number of mouths in the sets just next man up. 

7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Regardless of the outcome it doesn't make it the smarter choice to take Adams over Julio.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what your point is here though, they aren't separated by many points right now.

I can go back and quote all the other posts you made to paint a fuller picture if you'd like. 

You werent alone either. There is a lot of takes like:

Graham will own the RZ. Adams won't get the TDs

Adams is better with the backup QB. He's no good with Rodgers

Adams can't repeat his TD dominance

His ADP is too high

Hes not that talented

41 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I can go back and quote all the other posts you made to paint a fuller picture if you'd like. 

You werent alone either. There is a lot of takes like:

Graham will own the RZ. Adams won't get the TDs

Adams is better with the backup QB. He's no good with Rodgers

Adams can't repeat his TD dominance

His ADP is too high

Hes not that talented

Yeah I've already eaten crow on Adams. 

Focusing on Adams vs Julio was an odd choice.

• Like 1

Adams might actually get better if MVS starts burning defenses next to him. Allison and Cobb were doodoo.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yeah I've already eaten crow on Adams. 

Focusing on Adams vs Julio was an odd choice.

Owning people on a message board isn't my forte. 

• Like 1

Soooooo. . . .what was the big problem about Adams only catching TD's?  :lol:

Regression right?