RMJ_12

Davante Adams 2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Someone posted that in 2016 he had 997 receiving yards. Had he had those 3 extra yards, it would make all the difference? Looks more like something to throw against the wall.

No, but my point was that 1000 isn't even all that impressive these days and he couldn't even do it with the best QB in the game.

Just now, RMJ_12 said:

No, but my point was that 1000 isn't even all that impressive these days and he couldn't even do it with the best QB in the game.

More impressive than 3 years ago

Honestly I watched plenty of Packers games this year and Adams explodes off the line and has pretty precise cuts not sure why everyone is so pessimistic.. Geronimo Allison? lol.. Everyone seems to think what Jimmy Graham is going to revert back into New Orleans Graham 100%? nothing to see here Adams will be fine he will eclipse 1000 yards so everyone can pipe down.

10 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Honestly I watched plenty of Packers games this year and Adams explodes off the line and has pretty precise cuts not sure why everyone is so pessimistic.. Geronimo Allison? lol.. Everyone seems to think what Jimmy Graham is going to revert back into New Orleans Graham 100%? nothing to see here Adams will be fine he will eclipse 1000 yards so everyone can pipe down.

I have to say, Green Bay has a knack for signing “super talented” TEs that don’t do much for them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I have to say, Green Bay has a knack for signing “super talented” TEs that don’t do much for them.

If Richard Rodgers is still there- I’m DND on Graham.    He’s a roach that won’t die 

14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If Richard Rodgers is still there- I’m DND on Graham.    He’s a roach that won’t die 

Rodgers went somewhere........gimme a sec...........Philly?  That sounds right.     

Graham isn't gonna be Martellus Bennett here.  But I also dont think he's close to Saints Graham.   TD guy, no doubt.   80 catch guy?  No way.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Rodgers went somewhere........gimme a sec...........Philly?  That sounds right.     

Graham isn't gonna be Martellus Bennett here.  But I also dont think he's close to Saints Graham.   TD guy, no doubt.   80 catch guy?  No way.  

That’s good to know.   Graham has got to be one of the toughest guys to peg in 2018. 

Im guessing he goes in the fourth?   Maybe third once the hype gets going.   

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s good to know.   Graham has got to be one of the toughest guys to peg in 2018. 

I certainly hope so. That means someone in my league blew a 3rd or 4th round pick!

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I wished but most likely around where he went last year, 5th round. 

Posted (edited)

I think 5th is fair.   There's enough uncertainty at TE that Graham can sneak up there to folks who just home run swing based on him landing in GB.    You can only clearly argue for the obvious top 3 being ahead of him

Edited by BrianM

Just now, BrianM said:

I think 5th is fair.   There's enough uncertainty at TE that Graham can sneak up there to folks who just home run swing based on him landing in GB.      

Exactly..that’s why 5th might be too late.    GB receivers usually bring a premium.  

If he is there in the 5th it’s awfully tempting with my core players locked down.  

For me, it'll be Gronk Kelce or Ertz if i can get one, and if not..........wait.    I dont see enough difference between whomever will go as the 4th TE vs whomever will go as the 9th or 10th.     I just have to hope the run doesn't fully pass me by.   

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

so ur the local anti- Adams contingent, eh?

1100/7 would have made him a wr1 this season.   That is historically on the low side...but I’m struggling to see how a healthy Adams doesn’t get to at least that.  

I like the kid, but I don't love him: I watch the Pack weekly; seen some good play, and seen some downright awfulness. Still, he's improving, so there's that. I'm thinking Jimmy Graham will be more of a red zone target, and this will limit Adams' TD upside significantly. I wouldn't say I represent the local anti-Adams contingent, but I ain't in the pro-Adams group at his current price tag. If he fell to me at the right price, I'd consider buying. That said, some are talking first round, some second, and I like him in the third round as a value. I play auction more than not, so there's a good chance he'll fall to me in one of my leagues. But out of other guys going for that Round 2 +/- price tag----outside of the top 8: AB, OBJ, Nuk, JJ, Zeke, DJ, Bell, Gurley----there are a significant amount of players I would consider drafting before Adams, potentially including DFreeman, Michael Thomas, Keenen Allen, AJG, Mike Evans, Kamara, MGordon, Fournette, McCoy, Hunt, Ingram, ARob, Cook, Kelce, TY Hilton (if Luck is healthy), and maybe Gronk or Barkley (depending on team) or Mixon or Howard or CMcC (in full-point PPR), and I don't think it a stretch to suggest that DThomas or a healthy Alshon could potentially outscore Adams next season. I don't see Adams as my WR1 on any of my teams.

You guys are nuts.  He's the #1 WR with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  Barring injury he's an automatic WR1.  Jimmy Graham....lmao

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

It was in 2016.

1 hour ago, raltherr said:

You guys are nuts.  He's the #1 WR with Rodgers throwing him the ball.  Barring injury he's an automatic WR1.  Jimmy Graham....lmao

In 2015 there was no Jordy, basically Adams and Cobb + others, and Adams didn’t do well as Rodgers #1 WR... (50 receptions, 483 yards, 1 TD). True his health wasn’t 100 percent, true his droppy hands have improved, but to state Adams is “automatic” and guaranteed, I would just suggest caution: I like his potential for numbers, but not his ever-rising ADP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raltherr said:

Jimmy Graham lead the league in red zone targets last year, why should that change with Aaron Rodgers?

1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

In 2015 there was no Jordy, basically Adams and Cobb + others, and Adams didn’t do well as Rodgers #1 WR... (50 receptions, 483 yards, 1 TD). True his health wasn’t 100 percent, true his droppy hands have improved, but to state Adams is “automatic” and guaranteed, I would just suggest caution: I like his potential for numbers, but not his ever-rising ADP.

So you were burned by him in 2015...that's why you're so sour on him.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

21 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

It was in 2016.

I mean that overall numbers for WRs have declined for multiple seasons now.   1000 yards was borderline wr1 in 2017- so yes...it is an accomplishment 

Edited by Impreza178

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

I mean that overall numbers for WRs have declined for multiple seasons now.   1000 yards was borderline wr1 in 2017- so yes...it is an accomplishment 

And I was saying that it was in 2016 when Davante Adams "almost" eclipsed 1000 yards.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I think it has more to do with proving that Jordy being gone won't make all that much of a difference for Adams.  Everyone expecting a huge spike in targets and therefore production will probably be disappointed.

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

A good guess, but no: Rodgers is the only one from GB on my dynasty teams. In redraft, I picked up James Jones that year, Round 20, an amazing value for a last round pick: same amount of receptions as Adams, but more yards and 7 more TDs.

And if you’ve read my posts, while I have seen mediocrity from Adams, I’m more sour about his ADP / price, not about his potential.

Just now, cohenstantinople said:

A good guess, but no: Rodgers is the only one from GB on my dynasty teams. In redraft, I picked up James Jones that year, Round 20, an amazing value for a last round pick: same amount of receptions as Adams, but more yards and 7 more TDs.

And if you’ve read my posts, while I have seen mediocrity from Adams, I’m more sour about his ADP / price, not about his potential.

Jones was good until November then disappeared into retirement. Adams was playing hurt all year. He's Rodgers #1 WR. Unless he gets hurt again (very possible), his floor is going to be pretty solid for a WR. 

7 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

I like the kid, but I don't love him: I watch the Pack weekly; seen some good play, and seen some downright awfulness. Still, he's improving, so there's that. I'm thinking Jimmy Graham will be more of a red zone target, and this will limit Adams' TD upside significantly. I wouldn't say I represent the local anti-Adams contingent, but I ain't in the pro-Adams group at his current price tag. If he fell to me at the right price, I'd consider buying. That said, some are talking first round, some second, and I like him in the third round as a value. I play auction more than not, so there's a good chance he'll fall to me in one of my leagues. But out of other guys going for that Round 2 +/- price tag----outside of the top 8: AB, OBJ, Nuk, JJ, Zeke, DJ, Bell, Gurley----there are a significant amount of players I would consider drafting before Adams, potentially including DFreeman, Michael Thomas, Keenen Allen, AJG, Mike Evans, Kamara, MGordon, Fournette, McCoy, Hunt, Ingram, ARob, Cook, Kelce, TY Hilton (if Luck is healthy), and maybe Gronk or Barkley (depending on team) or Mixon or Howard or CMcC (in full-point PPR), and I don't think it a stretch to suggest that DThomas or a healthy Alshon could potentially outscore Adams next season. I don't see Adams as my WR1 on any of my teams.

I usually see alot to agree with in your posts, so that's why I really believe you need to take a harder look at Adams (the player he is today, not the player he was in 2015) and his very favorable circumstances.  I would predict with some confidence that if Adams and Rogers stay healthy, Adams will out-perform as many as 10 of the guys you reference.  

For a WR in PPR, Adams had a top 10 season in 2017.  Predicting he'll do much worse (he would need to for the likes of Howard, CMcC, Alshon, etc. to surpass him) in 16 games with Rogers and a leaky defense strikes me as way too pessimistic.  I'll take one of the big 4 RBs and Adams in the first two rounds of a PPR twelve teamer in a heartbeat.  As others have said, the Rodgers/Adams combo is as rock solid as any QB/WR combo in the league right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

"No, but my point was that 1000 isn't even all that impressive these days and he couldn't even do it with the best QB in the game."

I see. I can't recall now what the rational you put forth was, the uncertainty. How would Adams grade out compared with the production of other x-slot rec'rs? Accordingly, Allen Robinson did receive a competitive bid from Green Bay. He's a 4th rd guy with a high "times-drafted" figure, wanted to be in Chicago, with Meredith to the Saints. The Packers have one featured wideout on their roster, what they have in Geronimo and/or Clark could be of great interest. Personally, I think they're going to load up at WR in the draft. They brought in Graham but I think they add at TE too.