Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/14 - GAME DAY THREAD

23 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's a real shame their offense or bullpen can't get these guys wins now.  I don't have Morton, but it's still a shame when you see a pitcher pitch that good and then get a no decision or loss.  I have Cole, so I kind of know how it feels, and still have a hard time comprehending that he's somehow just 1-0.

I'm an angry Cole and Morton owner RN, haha.

Peacock too to top it off... ugh

Edited by Dirtywater97

On Yahoo it is showing that tomorrow's CWS and Twins game has been cancel. Can anyone else verify this? Thought this will be important for people trying to make moves for tomorrow. 

ESPN showing the same thing.  Could just be getting a head start on it as they laugh at April games played in Minnesota.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miketrout009 said:

On Yahoo it is showing that tomorrow's CWS and Twins game has been cancel. Can anyone else verify this? Thought this will be important for people trying to make moves for tomorrow. 

Lol I just checked.

A snowstorm wiped out the entire weekend series

johnwallbruh_nve7lf.jpg

• Haha 1

About Hector Velasquez.  The announcers were saying he was once a first round pick.  Wasn't paying attention too much when they stat talking about him.  I THINK they said he was THE number one pick back in the day and the Pirates had drafted him.  But then he never amounted to anything and was released.  He then went and played in the Mexican League for years -- he is 29 years old -- until somehow the Red Sox noticed him and signed him to a minor league deal. 

With Pomeranz coming back probably next start no room on the roster for him now but given David Price and his "sensations" and other quirks shall we call them perhaps Hector won't have too long for another shot at starting.  In the meantime he will be in the Red Sox bullpen.

And yeah Cobb looked rusty to say the least.  He was throwing batting practice out there today.

And man is JD gonna hit a ton of homers once winter finally leaves the northeast and the ball starts flying better.

Sunday, 4/15: Keep an eye on the O's at Boston game tomorrow too.  Sleet, freezing rain etc in the forecast.  They may try and get it in because the forecast for Marathon Monday is far worse in Boston.  But it is still iffy with the high of 34 degrees at best.  Burrrr.

Monday, 4/16: Should be pouring cold rain all day long on Monday.  Up to a couple of inches all during the game's time frame -- the start is at 11 AM on Boston Marathon Day.  Sox have a plane to catch to the west coast with no day off in between so they won't hold up the Monday game too long before calling it.

• Like 1

Forgot to add and past time to be able to edit ...

Mookie has a contusion (aka a bruise by any other name) on his left foot from it sliding into the catcher's shinguard.  X-Rays were negative.  So just day to day and nothing serious.

4 minutes ago, chpatte4 said:

This Jacob Janis dude sucks...who touted this turd?

Huh?  he has been excellent.  Well Jacob JUnis has anyway.  And so far today my stats show three innings with only 1 run given up and 4 K's.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  he has been excellent.  Well Jacob JUnis has anyway.  And so far today my stats show three innings with only 1 run given up and 4 K's.

Haha

Saturday's game between the Yankees and Tigers has been postponed due to rain.

Advice: The two sides will attempt to play a split doubleheader on Sunday, but given the rain that's in the forecast for Sunday that seems optimistic. Saturday's scheduled starters, Francisco Liriano and Luis Cessa, will presumably be pushed back to one of the games on Sunday.

Will the Yankees vs. Tigers game be postpone too? 

Does anyone know? I picked up Liriano lmao. 

Edited by Miketrout009

Garrett Richards is straight up dealing... gotta hope this rain lets up :ph34r:

Junis is filthy. Got Marte to swing out of his helmet two times in a row.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midlip said:

Garrett Richards is straight up dealing... gotta hope this rain lets up :ph34r:

i just wana see him get through 5 innings with a no hitter and then they call the game. i still get awarded the points for a no hitter whether its 5 innings or 9 innings

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Maybe I’m trolling but filthy?  Who is Marte?  He’s striking out replacement level players in the freezing cold...this guy is trash

5 minutes ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Boom

Just now, chpatte4 said:

Boom

We get it, you don't like Jake Junis

• Like 2