Sign in to follow this  
kidtwentytwo

Biggest gas can in MLB

Can anyone top Martin Perez or Chris Tillman?  

Bryan Mitchell?

Kendall Graveman? 

Matt Moore?  

Jose Quintana?  

30 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Can anyone top Martin Perez or Chris Tillman?  

Bryan Mitchell?

Kendall Graveman? 

Matt Moore?  

Jose Quintana?  

I mean I know Quintana has really burned his owners in the first few starts but this is ridiculous:  WAR leaders over the past three calendar years:

1-kershaw

2-sale

3-scherzer

4-kluber

5-Quintana 

• Thanks 1

Bart Colon and Big Game James Shields. 

Sean O'Sullivan and Kyle Kendrick were great to stack against in dfs but sadly they've gone the way of the dodo. 

Shields is up there.  Dude gives up an incredible amount of bombs now.  27 in 117.1 innings last year.  Bert Blyleven gave up 50 in 271.2 innings for the record.  Shields would have shattered that last year if he'd thrown 230+ innings.

All-time gas cans were Carlos Silva with the Mariners, Nick Blackburn, and Jeremy Sowers.  I remember a guy in one of my leagues back in the day drafted Sowers after his rookie season.  Easily had the worst stuff I've ever seen on an MLB field.  Sowers then put up a year where he sported a 6.42 ERA, 1.56 WHIP and a laughably atrocious 3.2 K/9.

The all-time gas can season has to be Brian Matusz's 2011.  10.69 ERA, 2.11 WHIP, and an incredible 18 homers in 49.1 innings.

Basically the entire Orioles staff outside of Bundy.

I've seen alot of Tillman over the years as a Bluejays fan and I have to say he looks especially bad most of the time.

On 4/14/2018 at 5:21 PM, hailtoyourvictor said:

519455.jpg

(Jordan Zimmerman)

It is funny how the Tigers find themselves with poor pitching even though once upon a time Jordan Zimmerman was considered as a second SP for the Nationals (case in point Dontrelle Willis where with the Marlins the guy was pretty decent to say the least)

Any insights on this offer...