jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

You act like this happened without a decade of precedent from Wilt, who was akin to the Dwight Howard, mentally, of his day.

Dwight beat lebron in 09 playoff. What are the excuses for lebron this time? Magic has better players? better coach? better team? injuries? 

Rarely you'll get LeBron on the ropes. The Pacers blew their chance and maybe he Celtics just did that too. I said maybe because the Celtics are well-respected an they still have a great shot at winning this series. They can't let those Cavs role players get hot early. 

6 hours ago, Meadowlark said:

The claim that the knee injury was minor is unsupported; we only know that Wilt felt that he could return to the game. Coach Van Breda Kolff was trying to prove a point, as he had favored his other stars over Chamberlain for some time. It turned out he was wrong, and it cost the Lakers a championship. Now you seem to be arguing that he was right.

The entire situation was a worse version of KD and Westbrook. Everyone knew KD was the better more efficent player yet for some reason Russ got the ball down the stretch way too much. In the 69 finals Wilt was at nearly 90% from the game while his bum team was at 36% with Baylor at 8-22. If what happened to Wilt happened today the coach wouldn't get to coach another game ever. The ego of some coaches back then was bigger than any player i've seen and that's saying a lot.

Also, data was found for 81 of Wilts 160 games for blocked shots. In those 81 games he had 590 blocked shots. 

All the film, stories, and data point to Wilt being an absolute and utter freak. Saying he was dominant because of the era is the most ignorant claim. There are stories of him being absolutely hacked and fouled and they wouldn't call it because if they did he would shoot 50+ a game. There was no other way to stop him. The man was inhuman. Look at him blocking some shots and running up the court with the ball. 

Just look at the play at 1:45 for example. i stand by my point he would average 30/15 today. At the very minimum. He is the biggest freak from an athletic and size standpoint to ever play. Regardless of era.

8 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

I just want know how the **** this thread turned into a GOAT discussion.

And this is the issue..... I realize there can be big gaps in between games but this thread is about this year's playoffs and this thread has run way off course on a tangent.  Let's get it back on track.  If you want to have GOAT conversation, please take or create the appropriate thread.  Thanks.

Also, some of you need to tone down the vitriol and attitude.  It's fine to disagree but it's not cool to be disagreeable and a jerk.

5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Rarely you'll get LeBron on the ropes. The Pacers blew their chance and maybe he Celtics just did that too. I said maybe because the Celtics are well-respected an they still have a great shot at winning this series. They can't let those Cavs role players get hot early. 

In Lebron's first championship in 2012, he was down in 3 straight series. Seems to happen a lot to Lebron.

In all 3 championships he won, his team was down at some point in games, including famously down 3-1 to the best regular season team of all time.

Edited by brockpapersizer

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

In Lebron's first championship in 2012, he was down in 3 straight series. Seems to happen a lot to Lebron.

In all 3 championships he won, his team was down at some point in games, including famously down 3-1 to the best regular season team of all time.

I think so far this series has gone as expected though. I see game 7 as the most likely possibility. While Boston has been winning at home it’s also hard to see Lebron losing game 7. Should be a wild series as it goes on.

Silver and his team of refs tried to give the warriors one last shot but they couldn’t pull through. Go H town.

11 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Silver and his team of refs tried to give the warriors one last shot but they couldn’t pull through. Go H town.

Yup double the free throws for Houston and Curry having to sit half the second quarter because of a phantom call sure is Warriors favorism alright. 

How could you not hate the Warriors, that was one of the most satisfying wins ever. Cannot wait for this snake Warriors fake "dynasty" to be destroyed before it even happens by Lebron shrewdly going to Houston or Philly and blocking the Warriors 3-peat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

how about Steve Kerr LOL. He's a great coach they say smh. Just awful down the stretch and this isn't the first time hes made head scratching decisions but it sure helps to have 3 all time players. 

3 minutes ago, HurryupO said:

how about Steve Kerr LOL. He's a great coach they say smh. Just awful down the stretch and this isn't the first time hes made head scratching decisions but it sure helps to have 3 all time players. 

Kerr is one of the best coaches in the league, and if Durant pulled up with 7 seconds on the clock and hit a shot we all know nobody would be saying s--- about Kerr right now.

Well, best 6 players in this series are (in no particular order): Curry, Green, Durant, Thompson, Paul and Harden. 4 from Warriors and 2 from Rockets and we are tied 2:2. If Warriors are as good as advertised they should be up 3:1.  I am not buying that Igoudala injury excuse,  you still have 4 All Stars on your team. It seems that this is coming down to coaching and game preparation. Litlle mistakes by GSW management in building the roster (how many C they have) and really good moves by Rockets (Paul, Tucker, Green) got us to this point. Either team can win this, but I am going with Rockets. Simple reason: better coaching in this series

Gerald Green's shot selection makes me cringe.

It's crazy how he much he has helped though.  Good for him.  True Houstonian.  

Die Warriors Die.