jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

You act like this happened without a decade of precedent from Wilt, who was akin to the Dwight Howard, mentally, of his day.

Dwight beat lebron in 09 playoff. What are the excuses for lebron this time? Magic has better players? better coach? better team? injuries? 

Rarely you'll get LeBron on the ropes. The Pacers blew their chance and maybe he Celtics just did that too. I said maybe because the Celtics are well-respected an they still have a great shot at winning this series. They can't let those Cavs role players get hot early. 

6 hours ago, Meadowlark said:

The claim that the knee injury was minor is unsupported; we only know that Wilt felt that he could return to the game. Coach Van Breda Kolff was trying to prove a point, as he had favored his other stars over Chamberlain for some time. It turned out he was wrong, and it cost the Lakers a championship. Now you seem to be arguing that he was right.

The entire situation was a worse version of KD and Westbrook. Everyone knew KD was the better more efficent player yet for some reason Russ got the ball down the stretch way too much. In the 69 finals Wilt was at nearly 90% from the game while his bum team was at 36% with Baylor at 8-22. If what happened to Wilt happened today the coach wouldn't get to coach another game ever. The ego of some coaches back then was bigger than any player i've seen and that's saying a lot.

Also, data was found for 81 of Wilts 160 games for blocked shots. In those 81 games he had 590 blocked shots. 

All the film, stories, and data point to Wilt being an absolute and utter freak. Saying he was dominant because of the era is the most ignorant claim. There are stories of him being absolutely hacked and fouled and they wouldn't call it because if they did he would shoot 50+ a game. There was no other way to stop him. The man was inhuman. Look at him blocking some shots and running up the court with the ball. 

Just look at the play at 1:45 for example. i stand by my point he would average 30/15 today. At the very minimum. He is the biggest freak from an athletic and size standpoint to ever play. Regardless of era.

I just want know how the **** this thread turned into a GOAT discussion.

8 minutes ago, Deathrow said:

I just want know how the **** this thread turned into a GOAT discussion.

And this is the issue..... I realize there can be big gaps in between games but this thread is about this year's playoffs and this thread has run way off course on a tangent.  Let's get it back on track.  If you want to have GOAT conversation, please take or create the appropriate thread.  Thanks.

Also, some of you need to tone down the vitriol and attitude.  It's fine to disagree but it's not cool to be disagreeable and a jerk.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Rarely you'll get LeBron on the ropes. The Pacers blew their chance and maybe he Celtics just did that too. I said maybe because the Celtics are well-respected an they still have a great shot at winning this series. They can't let those Cavs role players get hot early. 

In Lebron's first championship in 2012, he was down in 3 straight series. Seems to happen a lot to Lebron.

In all 3 championships he won, his team was down at some point in games, including famously down 3-1 to the best regular season team of all time.

Edited by brockpapersizer

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

In Lebron's first championship in 2012, he was down in 3 straight series. Seems to happen a lot to Lebron.

In all 3 championships he won, his team was down at some point in games, including famously down 3-1 to the best regular season team of all time.

I think so far this series has gone as expected though. I see game 7 as the most likely possibility. While Boston has been winning at home it’s also hard to see Lebron losing game 7. Should be a wild series as it goes on.

Silver and his team of refs tried to give the warriors one last shot but they couldn’t pull through. Go H town.

11 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Silver and his team of refs tried to give the warriors one last shot but they couldn’t pull through. Go H town.

Yup double the free throws for Houston and Curry having to sit half the second quarter because of a phantom call sure is Warriors favorism alright. 

• Like 1

How could you not hate the Warriors, that was one of the most satisfying wins ever. Cannot wait for this snake Warriors fake "dynasty" to be destroyed before it even happens by Lebron shrewdly going to Houston or Philly and blocking the Warriors 3-peat. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

how about Steve Kerr LOL. He's a great coach they say smh. Just awful down the stretch and this isn't the first time hes made head scratching decisions but it sure helps to have 3 all time players. 

3 minutes ago, HurryupO said:

how about Steve Kerr LOL. He's a great coach they say smh. Just awful down the stretch and this isn't the first time hes made head scratching decisions but it sure helps to have 3 all time players. 

Kerr is one of the best coaches in the league, and if Durant pulled up with 7 seconds on the clock and hit a shot we all know nobody would be saying s--- about Kerr right now.

Well, best 6 players in this series are (in no particular order): Curry, Green, Durant, Thompson, Paul and Harden. 4 from Warriors and 2 from Rockets and we are tied 2:2. If Warriors are as good as advertised they should be up 3:1.  I am not buying that Igoudala injury excuse,  you still have 4 All Stars on your team. It seems that this is coming down to coaching and game preparation. Litlle mistakes by GSW management in building the roster (how many C they have) and really good moves by Rockets (Paul, Tucker, Green) got us to this point. Either team can win this, but I am going with Rockets. Simple reason: better coaching in this series

Gerald Green's shot selection makes me cringe.

It's crazy how he much he has helped though.  Good for him.  True Houstonian.  

Die Warriors Die.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Well, best 6 players in this series are (in no particular order): Curry, Green, Durant, Thompson, Paul and Harden. 4 from Warriors and 2 from Rockets and we are tied 2:2. If Warriors are as good as advertised they should be up 3:1.  I am not buying that Igoudala injury excuse,  you still have 4 All Stars on your team. It seems that this is coming down to coaching and game preparation. Litlle mistakes by GSW management in building the roster (how many C they have) and really good moves by Rockets (Paul, Tucker, Green) got us to this point. Either team can win this, but I am going with Rockets. Simple reason: better coaching in this series

You shouldn't be knocking the Warriors, they missed some shots that they usually hit, and the Rockets played one of the best defensive games anyone has played all season. They didn't defend guys like Draymond on switches from deep, and Golden State will have a counter for it by Game 5. That counter may be as simple as Iggy taking Swaggy's minutes (and then some) and simply being a better team as a result. 

You can "not buy" whatever you choose but Houston won more games than anyone in the league for a reason, and making arbitrary qualitative mathematical points, like counting all-stars, doesn't change the fact that the Rockets are really good and that Iguodala taking minutes away from guys that don't belong in a WCF is huge. 

If Steph hit a couple more wide open 3s that he bricked it wouldn't come down to "coaching and game preparation". This post wouldn't even exist. 

I love that everyone is recognizing and calling out Golden State for holding too many centers, because it's really coming back to bite them now. Although I don't know why you're lauding their signing. and playing of Gerald Green. If the Cavaliers didn't exist he'd be the worst player still playing meaningful basketball, and it wouldn't be very close. This was his first solid game of the series. He basically just spent the first 3 committing bad fouls against Steph. 

Either team can win at this point, you're right. But it's 2-2 because it involves 2 great teams and 2 great coaches, and Kerr hasn't been outcoached at all. They (including Klay) have just been a little more injured, and this series could easily be as good as over with better injury luck in Game 4.

Was surprised that KD didn't take the shot when he was jacking up shots all game and instead he passed the ball to klay and got stuck at the corner with 4 secs left and kerr didn't call a time out. 

It shows that KD is not an alpha. Never was and never will be.

If Rockets win this series, not only will they win the championship, they'll also get Durant.

That way Rockets do not have to play G. Green.  :D

2 hours ago, ber said:

Was surprised that KD didn't take the shot when he was jacking up shots all game and instead he passed the ball to klay and got stuck at the corner with 4 secs left and kerr didn't call a time out. 

I blame Durant first and foremost as well, he should've been the one getting a bucket there. His main utility to the Warriors is that he can bail out their offense when they don't have time to run an entire set play. 

Kerr also tried to call a timeout when Durant passed, as did Draymond, refs just understandably didn't see it. 

Posted (edited)

Clarkson gave Cleveland such a great spark in the 2nd quarter and here I am watching JR Smith stink up the joint for the first 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and Ty Lue hasn't gone back to Clarkson who is clearly fired up to play. Now he takes JR Smith out but put Green in who hasn't really contributed anything in this game. 

Edited by Cdub2k

The biggest thing that can be learned from these playoffs is how truly a joke the Raptors are.

12 hours ago, miasma16 said:

making arbitrary qualitative mathematical points

The Rockets have as many all-stars as you do unnecessary adjectives.  :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Clarkson gave Cleveland such a great spark in the 2nd quarter and here I am watching JR Smith stink up the joint for the first 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and Ty Lue hasn't gone back to Clarkson who is clearly fired up to play. Now he takes JR Smith out but put Green in who hasn't really contributed anything in this game. 

This much is clear. Tyrone Lue is one of the worst coaches in the NBA. Theres no coincidence that this team's best run in regards to wins, this season, came when he took a personal leave due to "health."

His rotations are so painfully conservative and fear based. JR Smith is a below average defender who becomes useless when his shot isn't falling. That should be an easy decision to pull him from games where he's not hitting shots. He's managed to wipe out all of Hood's confidence and still hasn't figured out that Clarkson is a legitimate shot creator that he should utilize more often than not. 

• Like 1