jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

JR Smith is a gift to all of us..... LOL!  Dude is so dumb..... I can't stop laughing.

Yeah I've been laughing ever since it happened, the NBA is the gift that keeps on giving

J.R. Smith is a secret agent for the Lakers. 

J.R Smith smoked all his brain cells out years ago. Drugs are bad kids let this be an example to you!

• Like 1

There are two things that are fascinating about the Smith play.  One, obviously, that he didn't know what the score was in that big of a moment.  And, two, that he didn't figure out that the Cavs didn't have the lead when nobody on GS made an effort to foul him.  Incredible stupidity.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjk356 said:

There are two things that are fascinating about the Smith play.  One, obviously, that he didn't know what the score was in that big of a moment.  And, two, that he didn't figure out that the Cavs didn't have the lead when nobody on GS made an effort to foul him.  Incredible stupidity.

I don’t understand why people out there are upset about the overturned call.

It is a stupid rule without a doubt. However, it was the correct call. Not only was LBJ moving, his shoulder was sticking out.

Either way, great first game. LBJ was incredible. That being said, he dropped 51 and they lost so I don’t see how the hell they even take one.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jstep13 said:

oh stop. This one of the (many) teams LeBron handpicked. He has no one to blame but himself. Besides they were one ref reversed call from stealing game 1. Cant be that bad. He'll just have to take his talents to some other stacked team to prove how he's GOAT.

What are you talking about? Is this even verified, LBJ crafting his teams? And if so, the organization doesn't have any responsibility? LBJ should put the team together, coach and train them, and play, preferably by himself, or at least not with a good cast (2 out of 9 the favorites going into finals)? You do realize "your guy" MJ was fortunate to have a competent organization around him and a coach "who was all to him" by his own words (and who, along with Tex Winter, were spotted and hired by Krause btw). MJ also seemingly had sour grapes because Krause turned down his ideas in terms of player acquisitions/trades, but later admitted that they made the right moves. How has running organizations panned out for MJ... Wizards, Hornets... By his stance, he could just lay low and let the players handle it, take them to a championship, if it's just the players who win chips.

Krause's quote btw. was that "players and coaches alone don’t win championships; organization's do". I.e. included in the organization were also the coaches and players... Was he wrong?

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I don’t understand why people out there are upset about the overturned call.

It is a stupid rule without a doubt. However, it was the correct call. Not only was LBJ moving, his shoulder was sticking out.

Either way, great first game. LBJ was incredible. That being said, he dropped 51 and they lost so I don’t see how the hell they even take one.

In real time it looked like a textbook charge. 

In super slow mo it looked like a blocking foul by Bron. As we have learned in the NFL anything can be changed in super slo mo if you magnify a situation.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jstep13 said:

oh stop. This one of the (many) teams LeBron handpicked. He has no one to blame but himself. Besides they were one ref reversed call from stealing game 1. Cant be that bad. He'll just have to take his talents to some other stacked team to prove how he's GOAT.

Really? Care to elaborate on that?  

3 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

In real time it looked like a textbook charge. 

In super slow mo it looked like a blocking foul by Bron. As we have learned in the NFL anything can be changed in super slo mo if you magnify a situation.

You seeing it as a charge is opinion. Even one ref saw it as a block as did I. 

It was the correct call. Why people are upset that the correct call was made is ridiculous to me. He slid out the restriction area at the last second that’s why they looked at it. The rule is dumb as hell though. 

The block/charge was clearly a blocking foul, LBJ was outside restricted area and he clearly didn't establish position to take charge, KD bumped into LBJ's arm because he was sideways instead of his chest. I think the issue is, for you to overturn the call it has to be convincing enough because the original call was a charge, so that's the issue. 

But in the end, it was the correct call. Cavs had so many chances to win this game because Warriors had a horrible 4th quarter missing shots after shots, this was their golden opportunity and then it slipped away. The problem for the Cavs is, they played probably one of their best games ever in the playoffs. Well LBJ and Love carried the offense, but the role players "DID" their jobs by not committing major errors, bad turnovers, they shot good %s. That was before Hill missed the FT, and JR smith became famous around the world.

I couldn't watch the game :angry:,  so I watching the play 10 times (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23665810/call-reversal-pivotal-call-leaves-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-frustrated-game-1-loss-golden-state-warriors) will have to do it.

I think that LeBron got robbed and refs gave game to the Warriors. 

If that is not an offensive foul on Durant and if the refs are consistent, then we will not see another offensive foul in this series. 

It will be interesting to see how refs are calling next game and games in Cleveland.

Btw, JR Smith and B. Colangelo, thank you for existing 

7 hours ago, FantasyEmpire said:

Draymond sucks.  Dude should have the common sense to not trash talk one of the top 3 of all-time.  The only people who think he's fun or edgy are 15 year olds who think any kind of trash talk is fun.  He would be a scrub if he played on Charlotte or Orlando.  I can't stand him because he's a tough guy in an era where guys realize there's a price to be paid for standing up to this a**clown.  He can afford to be kicked out because, "Guess what?  I'm a glue guy who plays with 3 of the top 20 players in the league, so I can afford to act like a dips**t."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, mjk356 said:

Draymond sucks.  Dude should have the common sense to not trash talk one of the top 3 of all-time.  The only people who think he's fun or edgy are 15 year olds who think any kind of trash talk is fun.  He would be a scrub if he played on Charlotte or Orlando.  I can't stand him because he's a tough guy in an era where guys realize there's a price to be paid for standing up to this a**clown.  He can afford to be kicked out because, "Guess what?  I'm a glue guy who plays with 3 of the top 20 players in the league, so I can afford to act like a dips**t."

I also thought at first he was targeting LBJ, but after a closer look, seems he was going at Perkins on the bench. No idea what/who triggered this. Perkins also known to mouth off a bit.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

I also thought at first he was targeting LBJ, but after a closer look, seems he was going at Perkins on the bench. No idea what/who triggered this. Perkins also known to mouth off a bit.

Haha Perkins sucks, so that's better.  I think he's saying they're cheerleaders.  Draymond should just understand how fortunate he is to be playing in the situation he is playing in.  His attributes are completely enhanced because he plays with three god-like shooters.  He could have been easily drafted by some bottom-feeder in the Eastern Conference and be some scrub being passed around the league on short-term contracts.  It's like he thinks he can measure up to the best in the league, which is very annoying.

Edited by mjk356

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

I couldn't watch the game :angry:,  so I watching the play 10 times (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23665810/call-reversal-pivotal-call-leaves-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-frustrated-game-1-loss-golden-state-warriors) will have to do it.

I think that LeBron got robbed and refs gave game to the Warriors. 

If that is not an offensive foul on Durant and if the refs are consistent, then we will not see another offensive foul in this series. 

It will be interesting to see how refs are calling next game and games in Cleveland.

Btw, JR Smith and B. Colangelo, thank you for existing 

That was an obvious block. He was moving and was facing Durant with his shoulder. Handing the game to the Warriors makes no sense. The NBA wanted a Jordan follow up ever since he left. There’s at least 3 clear plays from this game with LeBrons arm at full extension on drives. Don’t see anyone complaining about it do you?

29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That was an obvious block. He was moving and was facing Durant with his shoulder. Handing the game to the Warriors makes no sense. The NBA wanted a Jordan follow up ever since he left. There’s at least 3 clear plays from this game with LeBrons arm at full extension on drives. Don’t see anyone complaining about it do you?

Lebron was outside restricted area, why do you need  to review?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Lebron was outside restricted area, why do you need  to review?

This cannot be a serious question... Considering the answer is in the tweet.

The review was for if he was in the restriction area at the time of the foul. While he was clearly out of the restriction area, he was in it right before KD took his last step. So it made sense for the refs to review if the foul started with him in it.

Since they are reviewing the restricted area, they may now review if it is a charge or foul. If you think it is a bad rule is irrelevant because that is what the rule is. During the review process for the restricted area, they determined Lebron was moving and also not in proper position. Which is very clearly correct. 

Twitter is full of idiots. It was obviously the correct call. The fact that even the Cavs coach doesn't know what he is talking about is baffling. I've seen this particular rule come into play multiple times. The refs were calling strips all game absolutely horribly for both teams. There was a play down the stretch where KD got LBJ clean and they called it.

The reality is, everyone seems to hate the Warriors especially on social media. Got to give them s--- just because it's the Warriors. If that was LBJ driving into Durant no one would be crying. 

Edited by Gohawks

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

JR Smith is a gift to all of us..... LOL!  Dude is so dumb..... I can't stop laughing.

15 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah I've been laughing ever since it happened, the NBA is the gift that keeps on giving

Come on guys, you cannot blame JR.  Anyone (looking at you Ty) that puts JR in the game at a critical point and expects a smart basketball play from him, has no one but themselves to blame.  Period.

1 hour ago, Deathrow said:

Come on guys, you cannot blame JR.  Anyone (looking at you Ty) that puts JR in the game at a critical point and expects a smart basketball play from him, has no one but themselves to blame.  Period.

Lue should have called timeout. Lebron was also pointing at whoever was in the corner instead of calling timeout. Three other guys could have called timeout on the court. JR smith screwed up but his teammates weren’t much better.

4 hours ago, mjk356 said:

I wish I can like this post more than once. We get it, Draymond. You're a tough guy and a badass. 

Charles Barkley is right. Someone should've been punched him in the mouth. The sh*t is irritating as f**k. 

Rondo was close to doing it. He should've done it in the elimination game. F**k Draymond. 

• Like 2