Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

2 hours ago, RealityBasketball said:

I'm thinking gentlemens sweep in the Finals.  

I'm thinking actual sweep. Out of these last 4 seasons this is easily the weakest Cavs team. 

wait a minute I'm gonna have to disagree with myself lmao. I forgot that Irving and Love were hurt during that first NBA final. And CLE still won 2 games. 

However, this Warriors team is a lot better than that particular team so my 4-0 prediction is still intact!

1 hour ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

I never said he wasn’t. But because at some point Wall was a top 5 PG he should have been able to figure out how to beat LeBron and Irving?   Or because PG13 is a top 3 SF or whatever you think he is, he should have been able to beat LeBron and Irving?

Umm yes, Wall & Beal and Paul George and /Monta Ellis/George Hill should of been able to beat a Lebron James/ Irving team.

Scott Brooks/Randy Whitman or Vogel/McMillan should have been able to beat them too. Look at the roster construction. The Cavs have never been known for their bench, but the other teams they have beaten have.

I don't think there has have ever been a series between the Cavs and Wizards where DC actually had a legit chance at winning during Lebron's tenure.  Indiana maybe had a chance one or two times.

I'm rooting for the Cavs.  Winning one game would be an accomplishment in my view.  

5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Umm yes, Wall & Beal and Paul George and /Monta Ellis/George Hill should of been able to beat a Lebron James/ Irving team.

Scott Brooks/Randy Whitman or Vogel/McMillan should have been able to beat them too. Look at the roster construction. The Cavs have never been known for their bench, but the other teams they have beaten have.

Both those teams should be swept by a LeBron/Irving led team. 

6 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

None of this is true, none of those players (with the exception of PG) has ever been a Top 10 player, and those coaches are at least all worse than Spo. Brooks is an idiot, and the Pacers could've won that first matchup if Vogel knew that Lebron can get to the rim pretty effectively and had a decent defense on the floor at the end of Game 1. Benches don't win championships, lol. I'm with literally everyone else here in not understanding your point. 

Since 2010, the NBA first team has been represented by the east 30% of the time. This is including Lebron. Since he joined the Cavs again? 20% of the time. No one from the east other than Lebron has been first team last 4 years. Second team is 22.5% for the east over that same time. Third team is 48% for the east.

Even with the first two teams absolutely dominated by the west you would expect the east to at least have third team since all the talent from the West is up front but even then the West wins. It's not even damn close. 

^^ Well if that doesn't tell you how much of a JV league the East is, I don't know what does. Making the Finals 8 straight years is a nice footnote at this point. Nothing more.

I think this will be an interesting series. It makes me wonder, how good a Crowder, Derrick Rose, IT2 and Wade back court, would of did instead of this current team we got now. Maybe Wade & Rose would of got outplayed by Curry & Klay, of course we know IT2 couldn’t play defense, especially against Curry. Now we have to see how George Hill, Jeff Green, Clarkson & Larry Nance guard the other guys. 

This may be more competitive then people think in terms of defense. However, I expect Cavs to possibly get one with a LBJ game and hot shooting from Korver, JR, Green, Love if he comes back. 

14 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I think this will be an interesting series. It makes me wonder, how good a Crowder, Derrick Rose, IT2 and Wade back court, would of did instead of this current team we got now. Maybe Wade & Rose would of got outplayed by Curry & Klay, of course we know IT2 couldn’t play defense, especially against Curry. Now we have to see how George Hill, Jeff Green, Clarkson & Larry Nance guard the other guys. 

The Warriors would set the record for PPG in the finals.

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

This may be more competitive then people think in terms of defense. However, I expect Cavs to possibly get one with a LBJ game and hot shooting from Korver, JR, Green, Love if he comes back. 

I doubt that. Houston was able to defend once Harden got himself engaged because they had Capela out there who could competently defend Curry 1-on-1. Everyone (in their Top 6) could switch onto everyone. Golden State is going to do the same thing that they've done every time Love is healthy. They'll force switches where Love has to defend, and they'll do it over and over again, and they'll score easily. He can't keep up with their guys on the perimeter, and the reality is that if he's healthy he'll be out there. I think Cleveland are going to take a game too, but this series won't even be competitive.

54 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I doubt that. Houston was able to defend once Harden got himself engaged because they had Capela out there who could competently defend Curry 1-on-1. Everyone (in their Top 6) could switch onto everyone. Golden State is going to do the same thing that they've done every time Love is healthy. They'll force switches where Love has to defend, and they'll do it over and over again, and they'll score easily. He can't keep up with their guys on the perimeter, and the reality is that if he's healthy he'll be out there. I think Cleveland are going to take a game too, but this series won't even be competitive.

I don’t even see Cavs winning one. GS can have a terrible game like they did a few times but it’ll most likely be a sweep. Hell, even with terrible games they still beat Houston. 

Hopefully we can have a few good games. My only concern is it’s going to be double digit massacres each game. Not very fun.  

I take issue with the "record number, 27 consecutive missed three-pointers" narrative... Yeah, because the streak was maintained by bad calls. Yes the shooting was appalling regardless, but still something to bemoan. An underdog like Houston already stretched to their limits had no room for bad calls. It is what it is... Not rigged, but definitely some inexplicable calls... How can you miss the moving screen right in front of you e.g... Or the first one, undercutting Harden..

21 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

I take issue with the "record number, 27 consecutive missed three-pointers" narrative... Yeah, because the streak was maintained by bad calls. Yes the shooting was appalling regardless, but still something to bemoan. An underdog like Houston already stretched to their limits had no room for bad calls. It is what it is... Not rigged, but definitely some inexplicable calls... How can you miss the moving screen right in front of you e.g... Or the first one, undercutting Harden..

If the Rockets hit 36% of their threes, the league average and their own average, they win by like 20. Team gets the blame, in my book, if they don't play their best and they lose, refs or not. Rockets certainly didn't play their best. I was ready to throw everything on the refs early in the 3rd, but Houston collapsed after that. Whether or not that's the result of the officiating is irrelevant anyway, because it would just be an admission that they don't have the mental toughness to bounce back from adversity. 

46 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Moving screens, much like travels, almost never get called. I also think shooting a 3 to draw a foul and not make it is a recipe for disaster.

That being said, I found both games similar in that the team that won had officiating go their way but the reason they won is the other team flat out choked.

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Iguodala bumped knees with James Harden in Game 3 and missed the final four games of the Western Conference Finals. His status for his status for Game 1 on Thursday is unknown. Speaking with the TNT crew after Game 7, coach Steve Kerr said: "It’s literally a day-to-day thing. But he has not progressed, unfortunately, as well as we thought he would." Iggy's status will be updated throughout the week

Well, if Iguodala is not playing or close to 100% that is one less defender to put on James.  Other than Green/Durant the options are pretty limited. Cavs can have good offensive rebounding in this series

CP3 soft as a baby bottom. That was already known way before this, but damn son.

38 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

CP3 soft as a baby bottom. That was already known way before this, but damn son.

How so?  I don't think he's very soft at all.  Frankly he brought a toughness Houston desperately needed....  a tad brittle or injury prone.  Is that what you mean? 

On 5/26/2018 at 1:38 AM, ber said:

The only guy who is going back to the bench is Rozier. Celtics had a starting 5 of Horford, Tatum, Hayward, Brown and Irving in the beginning of the year. 

Tatum and Hayward play the same position. Someone on that team is getting moved.

23 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Very easy..... gut their roster except for everyone named Lebron, Harden, and CP3.  Sign a bunch of minimum guys looking for rings and use all their exceptions limits for 1 or 2 other contributors.  Their big issue?  Finding someone to take on Anderson's contract.  Probably have to send Gordon with him and get almost nothing back.

Probably will move Anderson and Ariza. And will go after LeBron.

Just now, jclee4 said:

Probably will move Anderson and Ariza. And will go after LeBron.

How would they move Anderson?  His contract is horrible.  Ariza's already a UFA..... They'd have to lose Anderson, Gordon, Ariza (unless he comes back as MLE or near minimum), and Capela..... ISO Joe has said he'd like to come back.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How would they move Anderson?  His contract is horrible.  Ariza's already a UFA..... They'd have to lose Anderson, Gordon, Ariza (unless he comes back as MLE or near minimum), and Capela..... ISO Joe has said he'd like to come back.

Look at the NBA. It has changed. Anything can happen these days. I think they will find a way to move Anderson. Same with Nene, and some how move Ariza. After seeing that they actually have the blueprint to beat the Warriors. They will make this work.

If Love is still hurt which I doubt. We are about to see 1 vs 5. LeBron is about to get thrashed by this offensive overkill of a team. It's like you know what's coming and all you can do is just wait for the incoming death to him. I actually feel bad knowing what's heading his way. Win one game and call it a night lol.

58 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Tatum and Hayward play the same position. Someone on that team is getting moved.

They can both play together