Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

9 hours ago, miasma16 said:

They can both play together

If other 3 spots are Horford, Kyrie and Brown that gives you very small roster.  They will get killed on the glass.  And I am not sure if Smart and Rozier are wiling to accept much smaller bench role again after their performances.   

If Spurs would accept Kyrie for Leonard swap that would be home run for Boston.  But Spurs are not Nets, so it's never going to happen

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

If other 3 spots are Horford, Kyrie and Brown that gives you very small roster.  They will get killed on the glass.  And I am not sure if Smart and Rozier are wiling to accept much smaller bench role again after their performances.   

If Spurs would accept Kyrie for Leonard swap that would be home run for Boston.  But Spurs are not Nets, so it's never going to happen

They won't get killed on the glass lol. Marcus Morris led their team in minutes at the 4 this year. He gets 1 more rebound per 36 than Tatum. 

24 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

You know who else is supposed to get killed on the glass?

Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, and Green. 

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

You know who else is supposed to get killed on the glass?

Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, Durant, and Green. 

correct, Warriors are good.  Celtics with Horford at 5 are not good enough to win it all.  maybe good enough to win east,  they would be 3rd  in the west at their best.  In other words, no championship for them any time soon.  

They do not have dominant superstar player like GSW, Houston or Cleveland

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

correct, Warriors are good.  Celtics with Horford at 5 are not good enough to win it all.  maybe good enough to win east,  they would be 3rd  in the west at their best.  In other words, no championship for them any time soon.  

They do not have dominant superstar player like GSW, Houston or Cleveland

Your intiital argument was that they will get killed on the glass due to the small roster. implying that because of the small roster they can't compete. I am pointing out that a small ball lineup is the deadliest lineup the NBA has seen in a long time (the 5 mentioned above). 

Also, I agree that they most likely aren't good enough to win it all. However, they are good enough to make the finals. In fact, unless Cleveland does a rehaul this offseason I think Boston wins in 6. The reason they won't win it all isn't because they don't have a super star but because GSW are the most dominant team the game has seen in some time. 

13 hours ago, jclee4 said:

Look at the NBA. It has changed. Anything can happen these days. I think they will find a way to move Anderson. Same with Nene, and some how move Ariza. After seeing that they actually have the blueprint to beat the Warriors. They will make this work.

I'm not saying they couldn't move Anderson, I'm asking how?  They'll have to add a sweetner and they don't have any good draft picks or good young players..... Probably have to send Gordon with him and a late first rounder.  That contract is awful.

21 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

How so?  I don't think he's very soft at all.  Frankly he brought a toughness Houston desperately needed....  a tad brittle or injury prone.  Is that what you mean? 

Yep. He can't seem to stay on the court constantly. I'll be reluctant at giving him that max.

^ And he's recruiting LeBron at this very moment.

Good luck with that. LeBron will never leave the weak East. 

33 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lebrons no dummy, I’ll give him that. He knows where his bread is buttered. 

2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

I want Lebron to go to the Rockets mainly to hear how people that called KD soft and noncompetitive trip over themselves explaining how it’s different. 

16 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I want Lebron to go to the Rockets mainly to hear how people that called KD soft and noncompetitive trip over themselves explaining how it’s different. 

I feel that move by KD was a game changer. All bets are off. GSW became so stacked, that you're warranted to counter KD's move or you'll let him get away with it and possibly stack multiple titles without a real contender. Klay even just said that "the rest of the NBA has to get better". The bar is set high.

58 minutes ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

I feel that move by KD was a game changer. All bets are off. GSW became so stacked, that you're warranted to counter KD's move or you'll let him get away with it and possibly stack multiple titles without a real contender. Klay even just said that "the rest of the NBA has to get better". The bar is set high.

Agree. We have super team that is here to stay for several years and to counter we need second super team.  I would love to see LeBron joining the Spurs. With Kawhi back, that would be an awesome  series. Aldridge, LeBron, Kawhi, Murray and Green lineup would be killer on defense. 

1 hour ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

How so? 

Using your logic, Lebron set the bar and KD raised it. Maybe, Lebron raised Boston’s bar. The notion that all bets are off because of KD is ridiculous. I understand the Warriors were already good but KD didn’t start the “team up with stars for an easy path” trend. 

If Lebron joins Houston I wouldn’t fault him or hate him for it. It’s understandable. However, I would lose a little respect. Same as with KD. Houston won 65 games. Hell, if healthy all season they’d push 70.

30 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

How so? 

Using your logic, Lebron set the bar and KD raised it. Maybe, Lebron raised Boston’s bar. The notion that all bets are off because of KD is ridiculous. I understand the Warriors were already good but KD didn’t start the “team up with stars for an easy path” trend. 

If Lebron joins Houston I wouldn’t fault him or hate him for it. It’s understandable. However, I would lose a little respect. Same as with KD. Houston won 65 games. Hell, if healthy all season they’d push 70.

Why are we doing this again? What Lebron did and what Durant did are completely different things and you know they are. 

I think what KD did was different from Lebron, but it also shouldn't matter. Lebron doesn't get to set the rules in "well you can form a super team but it can't be a team that was already good ".   In the same way nobody can set the rule "well, you have to win on the team that drafted you or else"

Guys should go wherever they want for whatever reason they want. It's their life.

Nobody cares about temporary respect from people on message boards and hot takes on espn shows that will prove to be dumb in a few years.

58 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

How so? 

Well to begin with, we've long been past the Miami years. Cleveland with LBJ has been the level in the east. But looking back, even the Miami team doesn't equal this GSW team. They were only twice regarded as favorites going into the finals; once the top seed. You still had the tail end of the Boston Big 4 in 2011. And Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Mavs. It wasn't clear cut. Going forward, at least Spurs (top seed in 2014) and OKC remained solid threats. Bulls would've also been one without Rose's injury (top seed that year). You also had Clippers who were at times derailed by injuries come playoffs.

But now for a few years we've been in the CLE LBJ & GSW era. GSW have always been the favorites going into the finals. CLE miraculously scraped by the 73-9 team, trailing 3-1. Next year it was a gentlemans sweep when KD hopped onboard that record breaking team. Now CLE unloaded Kyrie, and they're supposed to take on that same team they lost 4-1 to? Had KD gone to some other team, we would've had a more similar situation than the MIA LBJ years, in my opinion. I.e. more parity, and no team as big of a standout as now.

I give you HOU came close, but did not compare as far as the top end goes. Feisty effort anyway. Also, GSW also battled with many injuries of their own during the regular season. Clearly still the most stacked team. HOU with LBJ would be the closest to this GSW we have seen. They'd need to also unload some decent pieces.

Lebron on the Spurs; I wouldn’t trust Danny Green, Parker or Murray on defense so that squad still gets killed. 

Lebron on Houston; just like the Miami Years, your starting 5 is great, your bench is hella weak especially if you’re relying on Ryno & iso Joe who both didn’t play much this playoff series. Plus you have an injury prone Star PG who always gets hurt during playoffs.

I agree with everybody else. Everybody complains about “This is the 4th time we are seeing these two teams”. Whose fault is that? OKC last year squandered a 3-1 lead against GSW with both Durant & Westbrook. Then this year, the Rockets “hottest 3 point shooting team” misses 27 3’s in a row. Same for the Cavaliers, teams couldn’t beat them last year, and then this year, the Celtics and the Pacers both Game 7’s, Pacers ran out of energy and the    Celtics couldn’t buy a bucket if their life depended on it, even without Kevin Love.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Why are we doing this again? What Lebron did and what Durant did are completely different things and you know they are. 

That isn't my argument or my point. I've already stated that i'm fine with what both of them did but it makes me lose some respect. That is all. 

My argument is people say if Lebron leaves to join a team that is already elite but came just short of winning (HOU) it's fine because KD joined the Warriors. However, because KD joined a team that was elite and just came short of winning (GSW) it's a problem. You can argue back and forth with Lebron forming the Miami team and KD joining the Warriors and that is understandable. However, arguing that KD joining the Warriors makes him weak but Lebron joining Rockets is just a smart move absolutely smells of hypocrisy and bias.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Completely different how? 

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Lebron on the Spurs; I wouldn’t trust Danny Green, Parker or Murray on defense so that squad still gets killed. 

Lebron on Houston; just like the Miami Years, your starting 5 is great, your bench is hella weak especially if you’re relying on Ryno & iso Joe who both didn’t play much this playoff series. Plus you have an injury prone Star PG who always gets hurt during playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/1  

Murray is ahead of Rozier, Smart, Wall. Weakest link in that lineup would be Green after having a bad season. On that team he would improve

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Murray is ahead of Rozier, Smart, Wall. Weakest link in that lineup would be Green after having a bad season. On that team he would improve

Which could possibly be true. But I watched him this playoffs guarding Iguodala and on defense. He seemed to get lost out there. Then he didn’t really do much on offense.

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think what KD did was different from Lebron, but it also shouldn't matter. Lebron doesn't get to set the rules in "well you can form a super team but it can't be a team that was already good ".   In the same way nobody can set the rule "well, you have to win on the team that drafted you or else"

Guys should go wherever they want for whatever reason they want. It's their life.

Nobody cares about temporary respect from people on message boards and hot takes on espn shows that will prove to be dumb in a few years.

I agree with this..... we're simply in a different era of basketball whereby team construction isn't only viable by the whims of the front office of organizations and only by way of the draft and trades.  Players, more than ever, now control their future and their livelihoods.  They enjoy more freedom, more options, and more control.  The rules of yesteryear are being redefined and pushed in different directions.  I understand... it feels weird but it's the direction the NBA has decided to go and it makes some sense. 

If your a fantastic computer programmer and one of the best companies comes to you with an offer to join their super team of programmers in one of the best places to live in the country or else you could stay in your current situation, which is good, but is in an area that's simply okay and there can be acrimony in the office because leadership can be weak and cheap but the company would be known solely for your work.... what would you choose?  Could you fault anyone that wanted the former.  Durant didn't create the opportunity he was presented, he simply took advantage of it.  I think 90% of people who have money and traveled the world would prefer living in the Bay area to OKC....

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Hmmm..... 

The NBA All-Defensive Second Team consists of 76ers center Joel Embiid (90 points), Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green (86), Boston Celtics forward/center Al Horford (85), San Antonio Spurs guard Dejounte Murray (80) and Minnesota Timberwolves guard/forward Jimmy Butler (79).

Parker can't guard a toddler, but the other two are very good defenders.....

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Yeah what lol, Dejounte is one of the best defenders in the league at the point by eye test and analytics. 

37 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I agree with this..... we're simply in a different era of basketball whereby team construction isn't only viable by the whims of the front office of organizations and only by way of the draft and trades.  Players, more than ever, now control their future and their livelihoods.  They enjoy more freedom, more options, and more control.  The rules of yesteryear are being redefined and pushed in different directions.  I understand... it feels weird but it's the direction the NBA has decided to go and it makes some sense. 

If your a fantastic computer programmer and one of the best companies comes to you with an offer to join their super team of programmers in one of the best places to live in the country or else you could stay in your current situation, which is good, but is in an area that's simply okay and there can be acrimony in the office because leadership can be weak and cheap but the company would be known solely for your work.... what would you choose?  Could you fault anyone that wanted the former.  Durant didn't create the opportunity he was presented, he simply took advantage of it.  I think 90% of people who have money and traveled the world would prefer living in the Bay area to OKC....

Hmmm..... 

Parker can't guard a toddler, but the other two are very good defenders.....

23 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah what lol, Dejounte is one of the best defenders in the league at the point by eye test and analytics. 

So if he is such a good defender? Why was he only getting 15 minutes per game and losing minutes to Patty Mills? Was it for the offense or the defense against the Warriors?