jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So if he is such a good defender? Why was he only getting 15 minutes per game and losing minutes to Patty Mills? Was it for the offense or the defense against the Warriors?

Murray didn't become a starter until almost February when Pop had to bench Parker.  From there he averaged about 26 minutes per game as a starter.  He's a good defender, quick and athletic and rebounds like a demon, and a good finisher at the rim for his build.  He can't hit the broad side of a barn though.  He makes Rondo look like Larry Bird.... not really, but you get the idea.  He's a poor shooter and he knows it.  He's already in the gym working with the shooting coach to become a better shooter.  

He averaged about 20 minutes in the playoffs but a lot of that is about matchups, blowouts, and experience.  Pop's (Messina) not a big fan of young players in the playoffs.... not like it would have mattered.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He averaged about 20 minutes in the playoffs but a lot of that is about matchups, blowouts, and experience.  Pop's (Messina) not a big fan of young players in the playoffs.... not like it would have mattered.

Which was my original point. Lebron goes to the Spurs he can’t guard crap because it’s a mismatch and he can’t shoot “the side of a barn”. Spurs still get knocked out with Lebron.

26 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Which was my original point. Lebron goes to the Spurs he can’t guard crap because it’s a mismatch and he can’t shoot “the side of a barn”. Spurs still get knocked out with Lebron.

LeBron cannot guard? Well, he can if he wants to. On this Cavs team, he has to do everything on offense, so it makes sense to save some energy. Spurs offense is a system, he just needs to be part of it. Spurs were ahead 20 points before Zaza "accidentally " injured Kawhi

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

LeBron cannot guard? Well, he can if he wants to. On this Cavs team, he has to do everything on offense, so it makes sense to save some energy. Spurs offense is a system, he just needs to be part of it. Spurs were ahead 20 points before Zaza "accidentally " injured Kawhi

We was talking about Dejonte Murray.

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So if he is such a good defender? Why was he only getting 15 minutes per game and losing minutes to Patty Mills? Was it for the offense or the defense against the Warriors?

Uh yeah Patty Mills can shoot a basketball, I can understand why Pop played him more. Same reason he didn't play Anderson enough. Has nothing to do with Dejounte's defense lol. 

This is gonna be a fun 4 games :D

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Uh yeah Patty Mills can shoot a basketball, I can understand why Pop played him more. Same reason he didn't play Anderson enough. Has nothing to do with Dejounte's defense lol. 

My point is, against the Warriors, you need your best defenders. You’re not going out shoot the Warriors, it is very rare. So why not have your best defenders in there. When I watched Dejonte Murray play, he look lost, never switched fast enough on his man, and got burnt. Then on the offensive end he can’t shoot. His strength is that he is taller and a better defender than Patty Mills yet he couldn’t guard worth a dollar, especially when your duty is the guard Curry/Klay. 

My argument was in response to somebody saying “Lebron should join the Spurs”. How would he fare any better, Murray can’t defend so you might as well just have IT2. Green is a shell of himself the past two seasons, and Parker is like 37. 

If Lebron joined the roster you have:

Murray

Green

Kawhi

Lebron

Aldrige

In which, the two people in charge of guarding the splash brothers, are very inefficient in defending the past year. And then, those two same guys are inefficient in making consistent shots. Where has Green shot been the last 2 years? 

33 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

We was talking about Dejonte Murray.

True. I just want to point out how ridiculous , in my opinion ,  is the statement that "LeBron cannot guard crap". 

Me out. 

Edited by Gile Pile

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

My point is, against the Warriors, you need your best defenders. You’re not going out shoot the Warriors, it is very rare. So why not have your best defenders in there. When I watched Dejonte Murray play, he look lost, never switched fast enough on his man, and got burnt. Then on the offensive end he can’t shoot. His strength is that he is taller and a better defender than Patty Mills yet he couldn’t guard worth a dollar, especially when your duty is the guard Curry/Klay. 

My argument was in response to somebody saying “Lebron should join the Spurs”. How would he fare any better, Murray can’t defend so you might as well just have IT2. Green is a shell of himself the past two seasons, and Parker is like 37. 

If Lebron joined the roster you have:

Murray

Green

Kawhi

Lebron

Aldrige

In which, the two people in charge of guarding the splash brothers, are very inefficient in defending the past year. And then, those two same guys are inefficient in making consistent shots. Where has Green shot been the last 2 years? 

This is small sample size theater. I didn't watch much of that series for obvious reasons but even if he was as bad as you say, which I sincerely doubt, it doesn't really matter. He's a fantastic defender.

I know what your argument was and I'm not disagreeing with the rest of it, but if part of your reason is that Dejounte Murray is a bad defender, that reason is wrong, and that's what we're all pointing out.

Laughable how people think Durant > Lebron.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That's not really what you wrote..... you wrote about your concerns about the defensive inadequacies of the #2 team in opponents PPG and #3 team in DRtg and specifically about a 2nd team all defensive player (in his 2nd year) and another player who is generally considered one of the better defenders at his position.  I simply pointed out that you were misguided in your concerns about defensive pressure.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tremixt said:

Laughable how people think Durant > Lebron.

He may have been, who knows. He's always had to share with another alpha. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Nance has been really good here in game 1.  Didn't understand why Lue didn't get him more minutes in the Boston series.

Things went as expected the first few weeks in Cleveland and then he inexplicably started getting phased out of minutes. He was fouling too much in the Boston series but still, again, he's one of the best 5 players on that team. He should be getting way more minutes, especially in this series. If they can play him at center when Draymond is the center (assuming Love can't survive at center), it's huge defensively.

4 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

He may have been, who knows. He's always had to share with another alpha. 

I heard something on the radio today that I thought was good..... It was a player who's guarded them both.  He said Lebron was harder to guard because he could initiation the offense, score, pass, everything.  You had to think about more things.  But when it came to simply getting a bucket, KD was more unstoppable and there was nothing you could do but slap at the ball or hope he misses.  I thought that was a good explanation about guarding them and the difference....

• Like 2

LeBron was moving...good reversal call

6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Hey remember how Lebron's teammates aren't ******** terrible

oh stop. This one of the (many) teams LeBron handpicked. He has no one to blame but himself. Besides they were one ref reversed call from stealing game 1. Cant be that bad. He'll just have to take his talents to some other stacked team to prove how he's GOAT.

Edited by jstep13
  • Confused 1

alrighty, good guys won. I'll sleep well. Good night all.

7 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

oh stop. This one of the (many) teams LeBron handpicked. He has no one to blame but himself. Besides they were one ref reversed call from stealing game 1. Cant be that bad. He'll just have to take his talents to some other stacked team to prove how he's GOAT.

Go back to your bridge

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Go back to your bridge

:lol::lol::lol:

Feeling bad for LeBron. It must be a level of hell for him to be playing with a clown like J.R. That joker just cost them the game.