Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jclee4

NBA Playoffs Talk

LeBron blocking the Warriors "dynasty" 3-peat attempt next season will be the sweetest thing in NBA history. 

1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

LeBron blocking the Warriors "dynasty" 3-peat attempt next season will be the sweetest thing in NBA history. 

First off, I don’t understand why dynasty is in quotes. 3 rings in 4 years and 4 finals in a row makes you a dynasty. 

Second off, won’t happen unless he finds his way onto Boston. Which won’t happen. HOU having 3 ball dominant players would be a disaster. The reason Warriors make so much stars work is because they’re so damn unselfish and it gets overlooked. Any other team he joins still won’t beat the Warriors.

There are so many destinations for LeBron that aren't being discussed at all. Teams on which I think he could be very successful.

If it's a cap-room thing it's fine. But if it's the city that's the issue then that's kind of pathetic.

In any case, how about: Toronto, Portland, Utah, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Denver, LAC, Detroit?

Even Memphis intrigues with Gasol, Conley and the #4 overall pick  

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

First off, I don’t understand why dynasty is in quotes. 3 rings in 4 years and 4 finals in a row makes you a dynasty. 

Second off, won’t happen unless he finds his way onto Boston. Which won’t happen. HOU having 3 ball dominant players would be a disaster. The reason Warriors make so much stars work is because they’re so damn unselfish and it gets overlooked. Any other team he joins still won’t beat the Warriors.

"Dynasty" remains in quotes because Durant joined GSW after having them down 3-1 weakest move in sporting history. Any team LeBron joins will beat the Warriors barring injury of course. If CP3 didn't get injured it would of happened this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

:)

A dynasty is supposed to be defined by success. How they get to that success should not take away from whether or not this is a dynasty. The fact is they are on one of the most dominant runs in NBA history.

Blame KD for being weak, don’t discredit the team.

8 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

There are so many destinations for LeBron that aren't being discussed at all. Teams on which I think he could be very successful.

If it's a cap-room thing it's fine. But if it's the city that's the issue then that's kind of pathetic.

In any case, how about: Toronto, Portland, Utah, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Denver, LAC, Detroit?

Even Memphis intrigues with Gasol, Conley and the #4 overall pick  

All of those teams are capped out. Memphis for example has 80% of its cap space tied up in just Conley, Parsons, and Marc Gasol. Those three guys are on the books with guaranteed money through 2020. Memphis is screwed.

The only teams in the league who can outright sign LeBron this summer are DAL, CHI, PHI, and LAL. That's it, every other team is in cap hell.  

5 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

"Dynasty" remains in quotes because Durant joined GSW after having them down 3-1 weakest move in sporting history. Any team LeBron joins will beat the Warriors barring injury of course. If CP3 didn't get injured it would of happened this year.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

:)

So let me get this straight...

The Warriors find the a two time MVP and the best shooter to ever play 7th in the draft then they find another all time great shooter 11th in the draft. After this, they also manage to find a repeated all star and absolutely perfect fit into their team 35th overall. They manage to surround this core with Iggy and Livingston. Guys who were not viewed as much. Then to top it off they take a risk on a guy with no coaching experience and it pays off massively as he manages to put in place an absolutely perfect system and teaches them to play as a team and a unit like never seen before.

Due to this, the organization goes after a top 3 player in the game. They have the ability to do this because of incredible drafting in large part. They sell him on this incredible teamwork and movenment after he was stuck with an absolute stat padder. He buys into it. Now its one of the most selfless teams we have seen and a team that just has fun.

Yet they're not a dynasty because you are salty that they keep beating Lebron. Alright...

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

So let me get this straight...

The Warriors find the a two time MVP and the best shooter to ever play 7th in the draft then they find another all time great shooter 11th in the draft. After this, they also manage to find a repeated all star and absolutely perfect fit into their team 35th overall. They manage to surround this core with Iggy and Livingston. Guys who were not viewed as much. Then to top it off they take a risk on a guy with no coaching experience and it pays off massively as he manages to put in place an absolutely perfect system and teaches them to play as a team and a unit like never seen before.

Due to this, the organization goes after a top 3 player in the game. They have the ability to do this because of incredible drafting in large part. They sell him on this incredible teamwork and movenment after he was stuck with an absolute stat padder. He buys into it. Now its one of the most selfless teams we have seen and a team that just has fun.

Yet they're not a dynasty because you are salty that they keep beating Lebron. Alright...

They beat LeBron without KD, your "dynasty" will always have a disgraceful, cowardly act associated with it. They'll never achieve the 3-peat which will be pure justice. 

I don't know what's up with LBJ, but this is the first time I have seen him not bring it in an elimination game. Before when he sees Curry switched to him, he sees blood and isolates penetrates. Today it has happened several times, but he has rarely taken Curry to the basket, often times he looks to pass.

Well, this marks the end of this NBA manufactured rivalry. LBJ has the look of like, let’s just end this sh**. 

1 hour ago, Auction>Snake said:

They beat LeBron without KD, your "dynasty" will always have a disgraceful, cowardly act associated with it. They'll never achieve the 3-peat which will be pure justice. 

It was cowardly for a front office to try and make their team as good as possible within the rules outlined by the NBA?

You dont think Phil Jackson wouldve loved to have Stockton on his team? Only difference is, back then players of that caliber would never team up like that. Lebron started this super team idea, now it comes back around full circle.

Again stop blaming an organization for improving their team. This team only works because of how unselfish they are. I can respect them staying true to the way they play after all these years.

so who wins Finals MVP? Steph sucked in game 3, but back to his old tricks today. KD carried them in game 3, but is below average in game 4. both showed up in 3 out of the 4 games. KD was more consistent because Steph was so bad in game 3, but in the same time GSW wouldn't have won game 1 without steph, because KD was bad in the 4th and OT.

I think KD deserves it more because his game 3 performance was so epic, but steph I am sure is the "emotional" choice for some voters because he has never won it. He had bad game 3, was big in their game 1 win. Set finals record in game 2, and set the tone here in game 4 for the blow out

I think we will see a co-finals MVP. when was the last time 2 guys shared the award?

6 minutes ago, sya said:

so who wins Finals MVP? Steph sucked in game 3, but back to his old tricks today. KD carried them in game 3, but is below average in game 4. both showed up in 3 out of the 4 games. KD was more consistent because Steph was so bad in game 3, but in the same time GSW wouldn't have won game 1 without steph, because KD was bad in the 4th and OT.

I think KD deserves it more because his game 3 performance was so epic, but steph I am sure is the "emotional" choice for some voters because he has never won it. He had bad game 3, was big in their game 1 win. Set finals record in game 2, and set the tone here in game 4 for the blow out

I think we will see a co-finals MVP. when was the last time 2 guys shared the award?

He has a triple double, he's winning

7 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

It was cowardly for a front office to try and make their team as good as possible within the rules outlined by the NBA?

You dont think Phil Jackson wouldve loved to have Stockton on his team? Only difference is, back then players of that caliber would never team up like that. Lebron started this super team idea, now it comes back around full circle.

Again stop blaming an organization for improving their team. This team only works because of how unselfish they are. I can respect them staying true to the way they play after all these years.

Also it is so easy to say assemble a super team but you have to consider the following:

1. Even if you have 4 superstars, it is a matter of making them buy into the system accept their roles.

- Steph was a back to back MVP, but when KD came in last year, Steph made an effort to defer to KD and had no problems with him taking the alpha dog title from him. How many 2 time MVPs can swallow their pride and do that in their PRIME?

- Klay became lesser part of the offense, you don't see him complaining.

- Draymond almost disappeared in the scoring department, but he embraced his new role as vocal leader and anchor on defense.

Ask OKC how that super team worked out for them. That's why even if LBJ joins say Houston, there is no guarantee they would defeat the Warriors.

2. KD took a huge discount, getting paid just 2m more than JJ reddick to keep Iggy in the team.

- for us it is so easy to say that, ok he is set for life, giving up what 12m is nothing for him. If that's the case, why didn't LBJ take less money from the Cavs this past year? and now CP3 is reportedly telling people, he will not be signing for anything less than the max offer. winning titles is great, but let's face it money also makes the world go round. It is not easy to give up 12m just to keep the team together.

- Klay has been quoted also saying he is willing to discuss his contract once he is a free agent to stay with the team. 

- Ok so some might say, Curry didn't give the Warriors a discount and signed for the supermax. Come on, he was the most underpaid player for the previous 4 years, so don't even start with that

This is the best team of all time, even better than Lake show, 90's Bulls, Kobe-Shaq Lakers

7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He has a triple double, he's winning

yeah now that i checked the box score he has a whopping +30 today

17 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

LeBron-James-Kevin-Durant-Meme-e14742083

Just now, Auction>Snake said:

Please repost this every time people make idiotic posts like that.

How cringy and hollow is this celebration, it's disgusting they haven't earned anything. The crowd will be deafening when LeBron takes them down next year. 

9 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

No question KD took it way futher than bron did. But look back at KDs tweets when Bron went to MIA he couldnt believe it.

Years later he went even further than Lebron ever did. My point is, if Lebron doesn’t go to MIA chances are KD never entertains GSW

All you Lebron fans just extremely salty. Can’t say they havent earned this, they worked extremely hard to get to where they are.

Whether you want to believe it or not, part of the reason Cleveland is so trash is because of GM Lebrons decisions

3 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

How cringy and hollow is this celebration, it's disgusting they haven't earned anything. The crowd will be deafening when LeBron takes them down next year. 

Hwhqc7gg_400x400.jpg

Look.  I think people are okay with the Warriors winning 4 more times.

2 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

DfL_w5LU8AENFAv.jpg

3 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

Save for a 1 in a million miracle comeback blemish, tonight would’ve been a 4 -peat. A 3-peat is very much in play and I’m not a warriors fan in the slightest.