Sign in to follow this  
RAZRr1275

Rank these players

Assume health. Standard 5x5. Yuli Gurriel, Josh Bell, Justin Bour, Delino Deshields

I'd probably put Bell and Bour about even, then Yuli, Deshields. If steals is a need then really only one option here. Seems like Bell is doing ok, and Bour has perked up, just not sure how is lousy lineup impacts his numbers.

2 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I'd probably put Bell and Bour about even, then Yuli, Deshields. If steals is a need then really only one option here. Seems like Bell is doing ok, and Bour has perked up, just not sure how is lousy lineup impacts his numbers.

That's a good analysis! If you need power Bour, if you need counting stats I believe Bell has a better team...

1. Bell

2. Bour

3. Gurriel

4. Deshields

You could make a case for 1 2 and 3 going either way. Personally, I'd rather be hitting behind guys like Polanco and Marte than Castro and Dietrich. I chose those two first because of them being in the 4 spot, but If Gurriel hits like last year, he's in #1. He's got much less pressure on him because of the beasts that are in front of him.

Thanks for the help on mine.

1 hour ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Assume health. Standard 5x5. Yuli Gurriel, Josh Bell, Justin Bour, Delino Deshields

1. Bell

2. Gurriel

3. Bour

4. DeShields

Bell has the most talent of this group.  

Gurriel is in the most potent lineup and possesses perhaps the best hit tool. Should be plenty of run/rbi opportunities.   

Bour and DeShields are a coin flip. I give the edge to Bour.  Despite his lack of lineup protection in Miami & mediocre average, the Rangers have never truly committed to DeShields as a full time long term starter.  The recent acquisition of Renato Nunez from Oakland, along with the likely promotion of Willie Calhoun is enough to make me want to steer clear of DeShields.

Hey there RAZR, long time no see buddy, how are ya?

I'd go Bell, Bour, Gurriel, and Deshields.  I know Bell only batted .255 last year, but 1) he hit over .300 in the minors and 2) in the offseason, he was introduced to a hitting drill that has significantly improved his ability to hit inside pitching and not get jammed. I think he has a real chance to finish the year about where he is now (.285) and still drive in more runs than Bour (although Bour has the upside in pure power).

I threw in 2018 projections just for some further analysis...

Can you give me some advice? 

Bell Bour Gurriel DeShields.png

Thanks for your help with mine.

My preference would be:

1.Bour

2.Bell

3.Gurriel

4.DeShields

Though I essentially see Bour and Bell as a coin flip.  Deshields clearly is last but obviously if you really really need steals he is the guy.

Raise the jolly roger

Bell