BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

22 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Oh boy... Do we really roll him out his first week back?

I am not...I'm waiting and seeing and believing next week perhaps...I'm rollin' out Callaway, for example, instead...maybe a Kirk, Stills, Albert Wilson or Boyd to replace Baldwin until he makes it through a game.

i definitely wouldn’t start him this week, i rather have him blow up on my bench than to get burned on the scoreboard. If he does play and does well on my bench I’d feel confident starting him ros.

Coach Pete Carroll said he expects Baldwin (knee) to play in Sunday's game against the Cardinals, Stacy Jo Rost of 710 ESPN Seattle reports. "[Baldwin] looked great (in practice), he looked great" Carroll said. "He was explosive... we're really excited for him to play in this game."
ANALYSIS
Carroll has a track record of making these types of statements about players that end up on the inactive list, but his optimism is at least a good sign even if it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Baldwin was a limited practice participant Wednesday and Thursday after sitting out entirely the previous two weeks. Another update will be available Friday afternoon when the Seahawks release their final injury report.

Dr. Chao has been pretty positive all along about Baldwin’s injury. Take it for what it’s worth (not much), but I think Baldwin is going to be back to his normal playing form quickly. Not starting him this week because I have other strong options. But the number of people dropping him has been crazy. I think the <unrelated> knee concerns before the season has people in an unnecessary panic. 

Edited by ff062018

21 hours ago, drisser said:

Who's rolling him out this week if he plays?

Gonna give it a week I’d rather flex John brown or Allison 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Gonna give it a week I’d rather flex John brown or Allison 

Rolling him out there over C.Davis, Agholor, and Enunwa. Comfortable WR3 territory. 

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Rolling him out there over C.Davis, Agholor, and Enunwa. Comfortable WR3 territory. 

I would do this same if I owned the players above. Giving Mike Williams the nod over Doug.

I'm comfortable sitting him for a week to see how things go and if Carroll's positive outlook is actually legit or not.

35 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Yeah I'm holding out one week to see what's up with him. Uncle Pete cannot get trusted.

Even if he is legitimately feeling okay I could easily see a 1 catch 10-yard performance where he reinjures his knee on that catch.

I am going to start Lockett over him I'm pretty sure.

Great news, but I'm not starting him over Galloday, Lockett, nor Calloway this week.

He will be on the bench for me till the Oakland game.

10 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Peterson is a horrible first game matchup for Baldwin 

Except Baldwin plays the slot and avoids PP most of the time. I’m starting him in a game the Seahawks know they have to win, against weak opponents like the Cardinals, to have a chance at the playoffs.

• Like 1

Guys.....Baldwin is fired up!! I'm starting with full confidence in a divisional matchup where I see 8 catches for 120 yards and 2 Tds.   This is not a week to bench him.  After seeing that video of him on the sidelines going nuts on one of the coaches, and Seattle needing this win going into their big home matchup with LA next week, the Wilson to Baldwin connection will be heard in Dolby Digital.  Your welcome!

Edited by panthers528

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

Anyone watch the game? Was he moving around ok?

I thought he was making good catches, but didn't get a chance to see him in the open field or with his signature YAC.

Anyone have any thoughts? 

his snaps were limited...but Wilson targeted him whenever he was in.

Big days will be a coming imo

11 hours ago, panthers528 said:

Guys.....Baldwin is fired up!! I'm starting with full confidence in a divisional matchup where I see 8 catches for 120 yards and 2 Tds.   This is not a week to bench him.  After seeing that video of him on the sidelines going nuts on one of the coaches, and Seattle needing this win going into their big home matchup with LA next week, the Wilson to Baldwin connection will be heard in Dolby Digital.  Your welcome!

This post did not age well lol

• Haha 1