BrianM

Doug Baldwin 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Safe to cut him loose. I'm done with him. Going to try and pick up Fitz. I'm very disappointed since I invested a good pick in this guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be more involved going forward, but he was never worth his draft slot this year. He's a high-end WR3 with a floor of a bench-stash.

Edited by CharlieWhitehurst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta love a world where my 3rd round pick has fewer receiving yards than 25 tight ends - in a year where most acknowledge the position to be a wasteland. Including such illustrious names as Geoff Swaim, Chris Herndon, Vernon Davis, Mark Andews and CJ Uzomah, who got 0 yards this past game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Gotta love a world where my 3rd round pick has fewer receiving yards than 25 tight ends - in a year where most acknowledge the position to be a wasteland. Including such illustrious names as Geoff Swaim, Chris Herndon, Vernon Davis, Mark Andews and CJ Uzomah, who got 0 yards this past game.

I plan on holding for another couple of weeks (or three) to see if things pick up - hopefully other teams can knock Seattle out of the run heavy game flow.   It's tough, cause I see him as a stash/gamble type hold...Cooper is on my WW...if I'm gonna take a chance, maybe I should dump Baldwin for Cooper.  At least w Cooper, he's the defacto "#1" (stressing the quotes there).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

I plan on holding for another couple of weeks (or three) to see if things pick up - hopefully other teams can knock Seattle out of the run heavy game flow.   It's tough, cause I see him as a stash/gamble type hold...Cooper is on my WW...if I'm gonna take a chance, maybe I should dump Baldwin for Cooper.  At least w Cooper, he's the defacto "#1" (stressing the quotes there).

 

I still hold out some hope for a 2nd half resurgence. Wilson is playing great, albeit with low passing volume. The guy has 9 TDs and only 1 INT the last 3 games. It's just crazy that none of those tds went to Baldwin - but fwiw he did get red zone targets, so at least there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m dumping him. It’s like going bald and hoping your hair grows back. It’s just not going to happen. I’ll take a flyer on Larry Fitzgerald or somebody else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Upgraded ROS with Brandon Marshall cut?

 

Marshall only had 2 targets in the last 3 games, so very doubtful it impacts Doug much at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mverkruyse said:

 

Marshall only had 2 targets in the last 3 games, so very doubtful it impacts Doug much at all.

 

24 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Not really, Marshall barely played like 2 snaps last week with the emergence of Moore.

 

Yeah, I guess I'm reaching a bit here because I was high on Baldwin. I'm leaning toward dropping him for David Moore on the WW tonight but I keep having second thoughts... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I’m dumping him. It’s like going bald and hoping your hair grows back. It’s just not going to happen. I’ll take a flyer on Larry Fitzgerald or somebody else. 

 

I wish Fitzgerald was on my WW.

 

Is Baldwin droppable for the hot new names (Either D. Moore or Sutton?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ESquared said:

 

I wish Fitzgerald was on my WW.

 

Is Baldwin droppable for the hot new names (Either D. Moore or Sutton?)

 

 

Drop for Sutton absolutely (his target share should go up nicely ROS)... I'm not sure about Moore yet though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ESquared said:

 

I wish Fitzgerald was on my WW.

 

Is Baldwin droppable for the hot new names (Either D. Moore or Sutton?)

 

All of the above. I can’t trust putting this dude in my lineup anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ESquared said:

 

I wish Fitzgerald was on my WW.

 

Is Baldwin droppable for the hot new names (Either D. Moore or Sutton?)

 

Glad to see this. I’m strongly considering dropping Baldwin for Sutton, and just need some encouragement to pull the trigger...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Glad to see this. I’m strongly considering dropping Baldwin for Sutton, and just need some encouragement to pull the trigger...

 

Ditto.

 

Crazy to think I'd rather drop Baldwin than Trequan Smith at this stage.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm finally going to drop him this week. Cant afford to guess when he's going to have a good game. Seattle's run game is actually decent now and Wilson has been spreading the ball. Very hard to predict which receiver is going to have the best game. One thing I've noticed though is they seem to have more passing tds than running ones so maybe Baldwin might get one (havent looked up the pass to run td ratio so I could be wrong). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s crazy that you guys would drop him for #2 WRs catching passes from Case Keenum or in a similarly run heavy offense of Carolina. He’s definitely underwhelmed, but his track record and the fact that Wilson is starting to heat up in the 2nd half, he’s at least a hold.

Edited by TonyRomo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the heck? He's definitely not droppable for Sutton and Moore. Baldwin had a nice 2nd half last year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

I'd rather own Coutee ROS honestly.  This guy, and Wilson, look like complete turds.

 

His playoff schedule is really juicy though...

 

Wilson looking like a turd? Dude has 9 TD's to 1 INT the past 3 weeks...

 

He's also definitely not droppable for Sutton and Moore. Baldwin had a nice 2nd half last year....

Edited by RafiBomb
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

 

Wilson looking like a turd? Dude has 9 TD's to 1 INT the past 3 weeks...

 

He's also definitely not droppable for Sutton and Moore. Baldwin had a nice 2nd half last year....

Sutton has been consistently getting 8-10 points in 5 straight games. His snaps will be increasing now. Baldwin is a #1 and put up 9, 1, 15, and 4 points in his last 4 games. So yeah, put him in your lineup and pray he doesn’t put up a 1 or 4. No thanks!  Dropped him and Amari Cooper and don’t regret it for one second. They’ve both cost me not only high draft picks but also being a big part of three losses I have on the season.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

It’s crazy that you guys would drop him for #2 WRs catching passes from Case Keenum or in a similarly run heavy offense of Carolina. He’s definitely underwhelmed, but his track record and the fact that Wilson is starting to heat up in the 2nd half, he’s at least a hold.

Yeah, while he heats up and targets other dudes on the roster. The fact that you’ll never really know when his #1 WR will actually get targets is enough to drop him. It’s bad news when a #1 doesn’t get enough targets to have a decent floor. Keenan Allen hasn’t had a great season but his floor is much higher. A #1 should still have a good floor, not a rock bottom floor. It’s ridiculous to even try and spin this situation. He’s a high-priced decoy.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...