Sign in to follow this  
BMcP

Rich Hill 2018 Outlook

Welcome home, old friend....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, benturn22 said:

Hill to the DL with inflammation of his left middle finger..aka a new blister probably.  Yikes.

Rich Hill says he has a cracked nail on his middle finger. He described his DL stint as “precautionary.” He is not pleased about not being allowed to pitch.

I signed up for this, own him in both my leagues.  Yawn. 

52 minutes ago, benturn22 said:

Rich Hill says he has a cracked nail on his middle finger. He described his DL stint as “precautionary.” He is not pleased about not being allowed to pitch.

Thus f'n guy has the weakest hands in history.  Wtf, have your lady break out the moisturizer already.  Maybe he has early onset leprosy,  next year a finger is just going to fall off. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WahooManiac said:

Thus f'n guy has the weakest hands in history.  Wtf, have your lady break out the moisturizer already.  Maybe he has early onset leprosy,  next year a finger is just going to fall off. 

Ehhh, I'm sure he could try toughing it out but there really isn't any point from a real life perspective. We all knew LA was going to play games with the dl again. It's smart business to give him a few breaks throughout the year at the slightest hint of potential trouble. 

Part of the deal when you draft him. You're signing up for 120-130 IP of great ratios, anything more would be a surprise (and yes I own him, so I'm not trying to sound preachy or like I'm talking down here). Good news is it sounds pretty minor and he shouldn't miss more than a couple of starts this time around. 

• Like 1

Dodgers never saw a 10 day DL stint that didn’t look appetizing to them. 

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Ehhh, I'm sure he could try toughing it out but there really isn't any point from a real life perspective. We all knew LA was going to play games with the dl again. It's smart business to give him a few breaks throughout the year at the slightest hint of potential trouble. 

Oh i don't dispute the dl, heck i don't even own him.  Just can't believe the amount of hand skin issues this guy has.  

11 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

Even this guy has stronger hands than Hill

266a1de8e35302d1f92e1ab9946e629a.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Was supposed to come off the DL and pitch tomorrow, but.... his cracked fingernail is now infected.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh1U8yixocRLbDDmNVuJb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

He’s got an infection on his finger now you’ve got to be kidding me. Any idea how long he’ll be out now?

I'm no doctor, but I'm assuming he just takes some anti-biotics and let it heal for another week.

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

He’s got an infection on his finger now you’ve got to be kidding me. Any idea how long he’ll be out now?

Probably 4-6 weeks knowing how Hill has been. 

Hill won't be activated off the 10-day disabled list to start Monday's game against the Giants, David Vassegh of AM 570 LA Sports reports.

After initially landing on the 10-day disabled list April 18 with a cracked middle finger on his left hand, Hill has since developed an infection that will delay his return to the Dodgers. Hill, who was diagnosed with the infection after completing a 58-pitch simulated game Tuesday, will likely receive treatment to address the issue, making it uncertain how much further time he'll miss. 

Rich Hill (finger) was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday against the Padres.

Hill was expected to be activated and make the start for the Mexican series finale, but the team is concerned about the high humidity and what it might do to his finger. Ross Stripling will start for the Dodgers instead. The plus side is that it doesn't sound like a setback as much as just added precaution, so Hill should still be back in a day or two.

Just now, chud12 said:

Rich Hill (finger) was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday against the Padres.

Hill was expected to be activated and make the start for the Mexican series finale, but the team is concerned about the high humidity and what it might do to his finger. Ross Stripling will start for the Dodgers instead. The plus side is that it doesn't sound like a setback as much as just added precaution, so Hill should still be back in a day or two.

I don't care where he drops next year I will not be drafting this f ing guy for a 3rd straight year and getting sucked in.. I just can't take this damn ishh anymore, i can't...

crazy cowboy bebop GIF

“What the humidity might do to his finger”. I’ve heard it all. 

He was my 12th start this week. Now I have to go Cobb or Triggs...lucky me. 

35 minutes ago, chud12 said:

What the _______!

Wouldn't humidity be good?? It's the cold, dry weather that cracks skin....