Sign in to follow this  
BMcP

Rich Hill 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, Braves16 said:

As someone noted earlier, he relies so much on that curve. If it’s flat the Rox still have enough bats to punish him even without Arenado. 

15 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I'm running him out there but I need 6 or 7 IP and a miracle to catch the ratios this week.

It's probably all a moot point anyway.  Arenado pinch hitting so I figure he'll probably be able to play tomorrow, in which case Hill is an easy sit.  The difference between Arenado and McMahon at 3B is like the difference between Bill Gates and a homeless person.

Edited by FootballFan101
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

It's probably all a moot point anyway.  Arenado pinch hitting so I figure he'll probably be able to play tomorrow, in which case Hill is an easy sit.  The difference between Arenado and McMahon at 3B is like the difference between Bill Gates and a homeless person.

And of course, McMahon hits the game winning HR after I say that

12 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Starting him, but I have no choice.

The good news for you: no Arenado.  The bad news: Coors Field and a breaking ball reliant pitcher

44 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Got out of Coors just fine, but his offense failed to pick him up against mighty Chad Bettis.

Machado has really been terrible since the Dodgers picked him up

38 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Coors proved to have zero effect on Buehler and Hill. 

During this last Rockies homestand, the only SP who had a bad game was Maeda.

29 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Starting to peak at the right time.

Maybe people who drafted him at his 110 ADP have different feelings, but as someone who didn't draft him and merely picked him up in May after he went on the DL and was dropped, I've been very happy with how Hill has produced since coming off the DL.  He's had a few bad starts (at the Mets and at the Padres), but all in all, he's been really solid since coming off the DL

12 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Maybe people who drafted him at his 110 ADP have different feelings, but as someone who didn't draft him and merely picked him up in May after he went on the DL and was dropped, I've been very happy with how Hill has produced since coming off the DL.  He's had a few bad starts (at the Mets and at the Padres), but all in all, he's been really solid since coming off the DL

Yeah he has had some tremendous second halves in recent years.  I traded him away and reacquired him at a slight loss.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:34 PM, STLSU said:

Yeah he has had some tremendous second halves in recent years.  I traded him away and reacquired him at a slight loss.

Definitely didn't see this disaster coming against a Mariners offense ranked 22nd in baseball and ice cold since the All Star break.

Overall Hill has been pretty good since coming off the DL, but he's definitely had some real stinkers vs bad offenses (Mets, Padres, Mariners)

I don't know if I would consider this one a disaster as, aside from the first inning, he's actually pitched ok.  Obviously that first inning ruined any chance of this being a good start, but he's at least settled in enough to help bring down the ratios little by little.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I don't know if I would consider this one a disaster as, aside from the first inning, he's actually pitched ok.  Obviously that first inning ruined any chance of this being a good start, but he's at least settled in enough to help bring down the ratios little by little.

He has gotten it together after the first inning, but unfortunately the first inning counts too.

To me, a 9.00 ERA and a 1.75 WHIP in what was a favorable matchup is extremely disappointing.

17 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

He has gotten it together after the first inning, but unfortunately the first inning counts too.

To me, a 9.00 ERA and a 1.75 WHIP in what was a favorable matchup is extremely disappointing.

I definitely agree with you that it's disappointing.  I was expecting a pretty solid start (especially since they have several lefties), if not an excellent one since it's been a little while since he's had one quite like that.  I was just pointing out that I don't consider it a disaster since the first inning was his only truly bad inning.

This whole game itself has been disappointing.  Only putting up 1 run against Erasmo Ramirez is disgraceful, although they got really unlucky on two balls drilled by Machado (especially the one with the bases loaded).

Edited by KilloWertz

Hill has more than earned a bad start. Pitchers normally have a bad start every few starts, but this is his first bad one since his second DL stint and he still went 6 IP with 4 ER with 8K so it while it wasn’t great, it really wasn’t terrible 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Hill has more than earned a bad start. Pitchers normally have a bad start every few starts, but this is his first bad one since his second DL stint and he still went 6 IP with 4 ER with 8K so it while it wasn’t great, it really wasn’t terrible 

5 IP, 4 ER against the Mets in June doesn't qualify as a bad start?

Edited by FootballFan101

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

5 IP, 4 ER against the Mets in June doesn't qualify as a bad start?

I may have accidentally skipped over that, but when you compliment his stats after his 2nd DL (including tonight) stint they’re still solid

Man after reading the reaction thread this AM I was expecting to see a 1 IP blowup. Bad start but not a week ruiner by any means. 

9 hours ago, street sharks said:

I am also quite drunk so excuse my repetitive wording but you get the gist lol

You seem to make more intelligent posts when you're drunk. ;)  Seriously though, your original post about Hill actually made quite a bit of sense and was pretty much how I felt about his start last night.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 2:33 AM, street sharks said:

I may have accidentally skipped over that, but when you compliment his stats after his 2nd DL (including tonight) stint they’re still solid

Hill's stats since coming off the 2nd DL stint have been great.   As someone who didn't draft him but picked him up in May when he was dropped after going on the DL for the second time, I've been thrilled with the production from him.  Wins have been a little disappointing (because of the Dodgers offense not him), but otherwise he's been fantastic.

Edited by FootballFan101

On 6/15/2018 at 7:19 PM, street sharks said:

This dude is about to pull a 2017 Hill. 

His peripherals were terrible to start last season as well. Much like this thread, you could go back to his 2017 thread where people were claiming he was toast, and that he should be dropped. I stupidly listened and dropped him towards the end of June, and I came to regret that move so, so hard. Once July rolled around the phoenix arose from the ashes, and out came Dick Mountain.

mhzEGKa.png

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4