Sign in to follow this  
BMcP

Rich Hill 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Trade him now before the next issue.  

 

lol, this guy has zero trade value.  hell if he was a throw-in on a deal I'd see it as a red-flag for a chump dump.

 

that said, I'm all about riding out his production during healthy spurts.  can be a top 30 fantasy arm when all is working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodgers broadcast team highlighted the laser treatments done multiple times daily as being the solution.  The blister was more like a complete skin removal wound so the healing had to start from square 1 and be a total heal.  For this reason the trainers think it healed properly this time with the new laser treatments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ragrag said:

 

lol, this guy has zero trade value.  hell if he was a throw-in on a deal I'd see it as a red-flag for a chump dump.

 

that said, I'm all about riding out his production during healthy spurts.  can be a top 30 fantasy arm when all is working.

 

If he strings together 3 good starts it may be a discussion at least. Right now though, yeah you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

 

If he strings together 3 good starts it may be a discussion at least. Right now though, yeah you're right.

 

If he strings together 3 good starts I'm hanging on, cause he put up ace numbers after June last season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

 

If he strings together 3 good starts it may be a discussion at least. Right now though, yeah you're right.

 

Here's the perspective of an owner:

 

You tell me now he has zero value.  Literally you'd only trade him for WW garbage.

 

I've been holding onto him all year, waiting for him to get right (like he usually does after a bad start), and be a very good if not elite arm.

 

Then he puts together 3 straight really good starts, just as I, the owner was hoping and cautiously expecting the whole year while he was clogging my DL.

 

Then you come back and say, "meh, want to cash in on Hill before he is useless again?  Maybe I'll help you out and give you someone nice and reliably healthy like Gio Gonzalez for him.  I'm willing to discuss at least"

 

Me:  "Uh, ok F.U."

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

 

Here's the perspective of an owner:

 

You tell me now he has zero value.  Literally you'd only trade him for WW garbage.

 

I've been holding onto him all year, waiting for him to get right (like he usually does after a bad start), and be a very good if not elite arm.

 

Then he puts together 3 straight really good starts, just as I, the owner was hoping and cautiously expecting the whole year while he was clogging my DL.

 

Then you come back and say, "meh, want to cash in on Hill before he is useless again?  Maybe I'll help you out and give you someone nice and reliably healthy like Gio Gonzalez for him.  I'm willing to discuss at least"

 

Me:  "Uh, ok F.U."

 

I'm not saying you should trade him then, or couldn't move him now.  That just seems like the cut off where, if you were inclined to move him for a "safer" option, you could probably get what I see as fair compensation. Right now the blister memory is too fresh.  It's also fair to point out that not everyone held him while he was on the DL.  I personally got him for a mid level waiver claim a few weeks back.

 

I love the upside, and plan on riding him into the sunset. But I wouldn't exactly judge anyone if they moved on after a few hot starts either.

Edited by Baur10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 11:06 AM, heyeaglefn said:

Trade him now before the next issue.  

 

While I can see where you're coming from, the problem is realistically who are you going to get for Hill at this point?  You're obviously not going to get any top 40 SP, and I think the best you could do would be a low-upside guy that is slightly above waiver wire caliber, someone like Kenta Maeda maybe.

 

Even if he is riskier, I'd much rather than a chance on Hill's upside than get someone like Maeda.  If Hill gets hurt again, you can always pick up someone almost as good (and possibly better) than Maeda  As merlin401 pointed out, Hill was literally a TOP 5 fantasy pitcher from June 15 on last year after a bad first two months.  Hill has far more upside than anyone you could realistically get for him in a trade right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 12:17 AM, thecomebackkid907 said:

He has a decent schedule ahead of him until the ASG, Mets, Rockies, Pirates, Padres. I'll take a chance on him. 

 

Knock on wood, but the matchup against the Mets tomorrow looks really good on paper.  The Mets offense couldn't hit their way out of a paper bag right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 10:43 AM, merlin401 said:

 

Here's the perspective of an owner:

 

You tell me now he has zero value.  Literally you'd only trade him for WW garbage.

 

I've been holding onto him all year, waiting for him to get right (like he usually does after a bad start), and be a very good if not elite arm.

 

Then he puts together 3 straight really good starts, just as I, the owner was hoping and cautiously expecting the whole year while he was clogging my DL.

 

Then you come back and say, "meh, want to cash in on Hill before he is useless again?  Maybe I'll help you out and give you someone nice and reliably healthy like Gio Gonzalez for him.  I'm willing to discuss at least"

 

Me:  "Uh, ok F.U."

 

 

Here's the perspective of a non-owner:

 

"LOL Rich Hill owners!"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Here's the perspective of a non-owner:

 

"LOL Rich Hill owners!"

 

 

I wasn't laughing last season when he went on that insane run after I dropped him. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, cs3 said:

fwiw I'm a Hill owner!

Lol me too. Picked him right before he came off the DL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To call today's outing disappointing would be the understatement of the century.  Facing the Mets' arguably worst offense in baseball and given at least 7 runs of support, Hill couldn't even get the win.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t watch the game but it seems like he only made mistakes against decent bats. Nimmo is good and Bautista is hot right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Health is my only concern at the moment. Glad he’s got through two starts this week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 1:43 PM, merlin401 said:

 

Here's the perspective of an owner:

 

You tell me now he has zero value.  Literally you'd only trade him for WW garbage.

 

I've been holding onto him all year, waiting for him to get right (like he usually does after a bad start), and be a very good if not elite arm.

 

Then he puts together 3 straight really good starts, just as I, the owner was hoping and cautiously expecting the whole year while he was clogging my DL.

 

Then you come back and say, "meh, want to cash in on Hill before he is useless again?  Maybe I'll help you out and give you someone nice and reliably healthy like Gio Gonzalez for him.  I'm willing to discuss at least"

 

Me:  "Uh, ok F.U."

 

 

 

You think someone would give you Gio for him? 

 

Me: LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

 

You think someone would give you Gio for him? 

 

Me: LOL

 

Today's start wasn't THAT bad for a guy still coming back.  Really only hurt ERA.  WHIP and K's were fine.   If he puts 2 or 3 more good ones together then someone would be insane not to give up Gio for him.  Gio hasn't exactly been impressive lately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's over the hill, he has trouble getting through 5 innings, if you're in a QS league he is not for you, unrosterable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I think he's over the hill, he has trouble getting through 5 innings, if you're in a QS league he is not for you, unrosterable

 

based on last year, it's still too early to call it. he blanked the cubs last week, he's not unrosterable lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

I think he's over the hill, he has trouble getting through 5 innings, if you're in a QS league he is not for you, unrosterable

 

Let me guess: you said this around this time last year too, right? Doubling down? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

 

Let me guess: you said this around this time last year too, right? Doubling down? lol

No actually i kept him all year last year, i didn't draft him this year i thought his ADP was too high, but i did pick him up off the WW recently, most of the leagues i'm in are QS instead of wins so its hard to keep him, the only reason i might is the fact that the Dodgers are playing better but for him to go 6 + innings and hold a team to 3 runs or less is a tough ask right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

No actually i kept him all year last year, i didn't draft him this year i thought his ADP was too high, but i did pick him up off the WW recently, most of the leagues i'm in are QS instead of wins so its hard to keep him, the only reason i might is the fact that the Dodgers are playing better but for him to go 6 + innings and hold a team to 3 runs or less is a tough ask right now

 

He did the same exact thing last year through June. If we get to the end of July/early August and the results are still underwhelming then we can have that conversation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this