Sign in to follow this  
BMcP

Rich Hill 2018 Outlook

On 6/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, JetsAwesome said:

shaky outing against mets , he has rockies next up.........

All in all, pretty strong outing vs. the Rockies.  He did lay an egg in what should have been an incredibly easy matchup vs. the Mets, no way around that, but 2 of his 3 outings since coming off the DL.  He just hasn't gotten any run support at all in those two games. 

• Like 3

This was an ace performance tonight. He did hit two guys but walked none. 6 hits and 1 er over 6 2/3 innings with 10 strikeouts. 

• Like 2

Because Dave Roberts is the manager

50 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Only 2 ER and 73 pitches.  Why did they take him out so early?  An injury or just a very quick hook?

Looked like he did something when he tried to score on a passed ball. Kept favoring his neck after that. It's always something with him it seems.

1 hour ago, HK-47 said:

Kept favoring his neck after that. It's always something with him it seems.

Heard he has a blister on his neck...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HK-47 said:

Looked like he did something when he tried to score on a passed ball. Kept favoring his neck after that. It's always something with him it seems.

hes an athlete i tell you what

8 hours ago, HK-47 said:

It was a tag up play on a medium distance fly ball. Looked like the third base coach told him to hold and he took off like a maniac anyways. Was out by 8 feet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

forget Samuel L Jackson , this guy is the real Mr.  Glass. 

Watching that slide play in real time, I was thinking to myself what's this bonehead doing sliding head first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

It was a tag up play on a medium distance fly ball. Looked like the third base coach told him to hold and he took off like a maniac anyways. Was out by 8 feet. 

My bad idk why I thought it was passed ball. I got up for a bit and thought that's what I heard for some reason. Amazing how often this guy gets hurt.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, absknicks said:

This is where he needs to realize his age,  and importance for the future.  This is something Harper would do.  

Edited by WahooManiac
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, HK-47 said:

He better not miss a start because of this, not with a dream matchup vs SD coming up.

3 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

He better not miss a start because of this, not with a dream matchup vs SD coming up.

Wouldn't shock me with this dude. Even if he doesn't how confident are we he won't leave after 3 innings? It's a miracle if he goes at least 6 in his starts and comes away healthy.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:58 AM, HK-47 said:

Wouldn't shock me with this dude. Even if he doesn't how confident are we he won't leave after 3 innings? It's a miracle if he goes at least 6 in his starts and comes away healthy.

Anyone worried about Hill losing his spot in the rotation with Buehler coming back this weekend?  Hill's been much better recently, but overall he's been by far the Dodgers worst starter this year.

I heard Roberts announced that Buehler is coming back this weekend, but I didn't hear anything about who is getting kicked out of the rotation.  Will Roberts go to a 6 man rotation do you think, or who will be the odd man out?

4 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Anyone worried about Hill losing his spot in the rotation with Buehler coming back this weekend?  Hill's been much better recently, but overall he's been by far the Dodgers worst starter this year.

I heard Roberts announced that Buehler is coming back this weekend, but I didn't hear anything about who is getting kicked out of the rotation.  Will Roberts go to a 6 man rotation do you think, or who will be the odd man out?

Not at all.  They will just do DL shenanigans, but they won’t demote Hill

5 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

No way they take him out unless he keeps getting injured (quite possible) or he doesn’t pitch well (doubtful, he’s been pretty great recently).

They are going to treat Buehler delicately I’d imagine as he’s their future ace and they don’t really need him right now. 

Edited by The Waker

16 minutes ago, The Waker said:

No way they take him out unless he keeps getting injured (quite possible) or he doesn’t pitch well (doubtful, he’s been pretty great recently).

They are going to treat Buehler delicately I’d imagine as he’s their future ace and they don’t really need him right now. 

I was thinking that Buehler would be the odd man out and go back to the minors, but Roberts already announced that he's returning to the rotation this weekend.  Who do you think will be the odd man out then if not Hill?  Alex Wood?

Hyun-Jin Ryu should return shortly after the All Star break and he was throwing the ball well before he went down.

Ross Stripling and Rich Hill have solidified their spots in the rotation.  Nice problems for the Dodgers.

i wouldnt be surpised to see stripling to the pen with the team citing an IP cap or something. I definitely think he and hill should be in the rotation but its so damn deep someone is gonna have a complaint either way