Sign in to follow this  
BMcP

Rich Hill 2018 Outlook

On 2018. 07. 12. at 12:53 AM, FootballFan101 said:

Hill has been pretty good since coming off the DL, but the other four guys in the rotation have all been even better than Hill over the past month.

Since Hill off DL:

Hill 5 GS, 29,2 IP 31 BH+BB, 11 Runs allowed

Wood 5 GS, 30,2 IP 33 BH+BB, 10 Runs allowed

• Like 2

7 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

As a Hill owner I'm cool with this decision. I'd rather have him miss the odd start and have a better chance at repeating last year's post-ASB performance than get hurt... again. 

Going to be pretty difficult to repeat last year's post All-Star break performance if he's stuck in the bullpen.

Yeah, him getting skipped is not a good sign.  I think he ends up in the pen.  He's easily their worst starter.

10 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Yeah, him getting skipped is not a good sign.  I think he ends up in the pen.  He's easily their worst starter.

In this half year yeah, but we still have a long season to go.  Stripling and Buehler have never gone a full MLB season so who knows how they'll hold up, and Ryu/Maeda have a long a history of intermittent injuries.  It's the Dodgers, they'll manipulate the DL and go to 6 man rotations and rotate people to the bull pen all year.  Outside of Kershaw almost all Dodgers starters don't get a ton of innings year to year.  Yeah for now Hill's the odd-man out but I doubt the situation remains constant year long.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JCD said:

Since Hill off DL:

Hill 5 GS, 29,2 IP 31 BH+BB, 11 Runs allowed

Wood 5 GS, 30,2 IP 33 BH+BB, 10 Runs allowed

Maybe Wood's poor outing tonight opens the door for Hill a little bit, although Hill's 7 IP 4 ER outing vs the Padres was probably more disappointing than Wood's 6 IP 3 ER outing tonight vs the Angels, given the difference in opponents.

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

Maybe Wood's poor outing tonight opens the door for Hill a little bit, although Hill's 7 IP 4 ER outing vs the Padres was probably more disappointing than Wood's 6 IP 3 ER outing tonight vs the Angels, given the difference in opponents.

wood didnt have a poor outing

37 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

wood didnt have a poor outing

4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP (which Wood had tonight) is definitely poor

Edited by FootballFan101

3 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

box score warrior i see

6 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

lmao not for real life baseball. That's 3 runs in 6 innings. That plays in real life. Dude isn't getting demoted over a line like that, c'mon now

Edited by street sharks

Just now, street sharks said:

lmao not for real life baseball

It's certainly not good in real life baseball either.  The MLB average ERA this year is well below 4.50

I think they call that a QS that Wood threw.  Sounds like he may have run intobsome bad luck based on viewer accounts.

13 hours ago, street sharks said:

lmao not for real life baseball. That's 3 runs in 6 innings. That plays in real life. Dude isn't getting demoted over a line like that, c'mon now

Well, none of the Dodgers starters deserve to be demoted honesty.  Some of the Dodgers starters are very injury prone, but when healthy, all 7 of their starters would start for 90% of the teams in baseball.

Wood hasn't been bad this year, but he has been clearly their 2nd worst pitcher behind Hill.   Like I said a week ago (when everyone called me crazy), I think Hill is probably the odd man out and will get sent to the bullpen, but Wood would be the next most likely to be sent to the bullpen in my opinion.   

Edited by FootballFan101
  • Like 1

Maybe they'll throw in a starter in the Machado trade so this can sort itself out. Or some sort of 3-team deal...

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone taking the plunge tonight? 

I can't do it. ESPN has him as the #1 SP going tonight in their daily rankings. I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone taking the plunge tonight? 

yes. Certainly not a resounding easy must play, but he's been pretty good v crew in has career.

Say what you will about Dickie Hill, but he seems like a competitor and he must get the inkling that it is prove it time or else he's at risk of being a loogy ROS...the crew K plenty and I could see a bunch for Hill tonight...

Why wouldn't you play him tonight? Not being snarky - I just don't understand how you could justify benching him in most leagues if you still own him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Why wouldn't you play him tonight? Not being snarky - I just don't understand how you could justify benching him in most leagues if you still own him.

In a limited starts league with 5 starts left and 8 probables left.

5 minutes ago, neljak25 said:

In a limited starts league with 5 starts left and 8 probables left.

Hence my statement about "most leagues". I don't believe your setup is typical. In most settings I can't understand why you'd sit him. If you have an uncommon setup I could see some scenarios where you sit him, depending who your other options are, but that starts getting into BC territory. 

I'm pretty sure ESPN standard leagues are limited start leagues. 

11 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

I'm pretty sure ESPN standard leagues are limited start leagues. 

Fair enough then, I'm wrong. Best of luck to those benching him. I'm rolling with the guy. 

6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Fair enough then, I'm wrong. Best of luck to those benching him. I'm rolling with the guy. 

I'm honestly not 100% sure that's just what I recall.  I've been playing custom leagues now for quite awhile. Anyways yeah I'd start him if I owned him especially since, as above poster pointed out,  he's playing to stay in the rotation.  

• Like 1