Fenamo

Lourdes Gurriel 2018 Outlook

I didn’t think he was on the DL yet. Today he should be. Maybe we’ll get a Vlad call up as a result. One can dream, right? Lol

10 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Love how Jays placed him on DL tuesday and somehow he still doesnt have DL on yahoo wed morning.

He isn't on the DL yet...  The Jays haven't made it official...  When they do, he will be put on the DL at Yahoo...

17 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Now he's been DL'd. 

Yep...  The Blue Jays finally put him on there after activating someone else...

9 minutes ago, Zrattlesnake said:

I picked him up Sunday and he gets injured Sunday. Sorry. 

Ditto

No news, eh? Saw he was taking grounders the other day. Was hoping it was closer to the 2 weeks...

On 8/10/2018 at 3:32 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

No news, eh? Saw he was taking grounders the other day. Was hoping it was closer to the 2 weeks...

It's better news than him being in a boot and doing nothing. I am being optimistic that we'll likely see him in a week or two. PLEASE!

• Like 1

Saw an update that they are hoping he begins running this week. Giddy up for him likely being back for fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

Lets just hope he has a job when he's back. Both Aledmys Diaz and Devon Travis have been playing well recently.

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Lets just hope he has a job when he's back. Both Aledmys Diaz and Devon Travis have been playing well recently.

He'll be 3b if needed. They were talking about it in the radio last night. Martin will catch/DH. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

He'll be 3b if needed. They were talking about it in the radio last night. Martin will catch/DH. 

I thought they bringing Jansen up for C with Martin at 3B.

1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

Yes Gibby said yesterday that Jansen is here to play, he will catch Burocki tonight..  Hopefully they platoon Martin / Morales at DH.  Gurriel can also play outfield. 

4 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

Martin is a plug at this point of his carreer ... The only value he can bring to the ballclub is to retire and recycle himself into a Catcher coach ... 

He will get pass around until they are no other position to fill in. Next and final step DH 

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

They did and are, but if they need someone to play 3B they can stick Gurriel there and play Martin at C or DH. Like, keep in mind that Martin won't play everyday, he's old and gets days off.

The Blue Jays have some nice pieces on this team. If they actually called up Vlad Jr. and Gurriel settled into the OF their offense would be very solid. Also with Donaldson at DH next year.

2 hours ago, collucho said:

The Blue Jays have some nice pieces on this team. If they actually called up Vlad Jr. and Gurriel settled into the OF their offense would be very solid. Also with Donaldson at DH next year.

Donaldson's a UFA next year so doubt they resign him, but they've got a ton of nice young pieces to work with.

26 minutes ago, KrunK said:

Donaldson's a UFA next year so doubt they resign him, but they've got a ton of nice young pieces to work with.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/opinion/2018/08/13/as-focus-shifts-to-youth-josh-donaldson-no-longer-part-of-blue-jays-plans.html

As for Gurriel I am pumped.  Like the other 2 posters above, I had added him on the Sunday he was injured in that final inning but had to move on.  This kid has some real hitting talent.

Started a rehab assignment today, looks like we will have him for the playoffs for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 for 6 and homer yesterday. Anyone think he gets activated this week? I'm asking because there is no mention anywhere on twitter or google about his return date to the majors. 

On 8/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, Picard56 said:

2 for 6 and homer yesterday. Anyone think he gets activated this week? I'm asking because there is no mention anywhere on twitter or google about his return date to the majors. 

Yahoo note mentions being back this weekend. 

He seems like a handy add where dropped for the stretch with 2B/SS/LF and how he was producing prior to the DL stint.

• Like 2