Sign in to follow this  
strahanfan92

Mitch Moreland 2018 Outlook

I'll take the production hitting cleanup for one of the best teams in baseball while everyone else ponders how many times he'll start or if he's streaky.

Reaped the benefits right away yesterday.

• Like 1

[ Play-by-play chatter needs to go in the game day thread. ]

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Batting cleanup versus the lefty Newcomb. Not in a hard platoon. 

He needs to hit against lefties though or he could find himself in one.  I don't think they dumped Hanley to platoon him though, he has to hit himself into one

Two HR’s in the four game series vs HOU...one each vs Cole and Morton. His K/BB ratio has suffered since he took over regular playing time from Hanley but the average and OPS are still above .300 and 1.000, respectively. There is a lot to like here with Moreland hitting in the middle of that BOS lineup.

5 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

Two HR’s in the four game series vs HOU...one each vs Cole and Morton. His K/BB ratio has suffered since he took over regular playing time from Hanley but the average and OPS are still above .300 and 1.000, respectively. There is a lot to like here with Moreland hitting in the middle of that BOS lineup.

As someone mentioned earlier, he can be a very hot and very cold hitter.  I will gladly take the hot streaks in the middle of that lineup.  But always good to have a contingency plan for those cold streaks.  

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, ToO_BaD said:

As someone mentioned earlier, he can be a very hot and very cold hitter.  I will gladly take the hot streaks in the middle of that lineup.  But always good to have a contingency plan for those cold streaks.  

Yeah right now we’re in the midst of needing a contingency plan for Moreland. He’s been pretty brutal over the last two weeks. I hate to drop him because of the lineup and the position he’s in but he’s a bench warmer right now for my team. 

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

Yeah right now we’re in the midst of needing a contingency plan for Moreland. He’s been pretty brutal over the last two weeks. I hate to drop him because of the lineup and the position he’s in but he’s a bench warmer right now for my team. 

Yeah it’s tough.  I had to drop him in my shallow league.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, ToO_BaD said:

That was me.  Just bench until he starts hitting again if he is on you team.  He can be brutal both ways so when he is down he is really down.  But as soon as he starts hitting don't let him rot on your bench either.

• Like 1

so did he all of sudden just become a 290 hitter? 3 months of 293+ avg.

splits look good as well home/away and left/right

I think Moreland makes a top-tier Util or CI, though he's too streaky for me to run him out at 1B all year.  I just sold high in my 16 team league where I was starting him at one of two Util spots.  His value seems highest it's been all year right now.

Edited by En Votto Veritas

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

so did he all of sudden just become a 290 hitter? 3 months of 293+ avg.

splits look good as well home/away and left/right

He had a horrible slump and just started hitting again this last week.  When he is hot he is hot; when not, not.  Mr Streaky.