Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Let's hope leadoff sticks! And that Albies' injury isn't serious to drive him in.

Another three-hit game with a double. Digging this new Acuña in the leadoff spot. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Another three-hit game with a double. Digging this new Acuña in the leadoff spot. 

Stud! 

Over his last 11 games: 15-for-42 (.357), 4 HR, 7 RBI, 11 R, 8 XBH and 4 SB. He also has 6 BB during that stretch.

• Like 5

Maybe he can turn this level of baseball into his video game too after he did minors last year lol

20 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Maybe he can turn this level of baseball into his video game too after he did minors last year lol

kid keeps on hitting....two hits off degrom is no small feat....

Damn, sitting in game 1 of doubleheader.  Assuming they're just taking it easy on him post knee injury and he'll face Scherzer tonight.

3 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Damn, sitting in game 1 of doubleheader.  Assuming they're just taking it easy on him post knee injury and he'll face Scherzer tonight.

I imagine that's what they're doing. From a fantasy perspective I wish they would start him for the day game and sit against Scherzer haha. Oh well  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I imagine that's what they're doing. From a fantasy perspective I wish they would start him for the day game and sit against Scherzer haha. Oh well  

Phew, now I can sit him the entire day. Was worried about having two Braves going against Scherzer in game 2. Though bummed he doesn't get 4 Abs against J. Rodriguez.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Agreed & from an IRL perspective too you'd think the Braves would want to load up on the lesser arm and try to split the games today (unless they think they can win it w/o Acuna).  IMO they they made game 1 more competitive.  I do think Acuna can and will hit Scherzer, but seems like loading up against the weaker SP would have been the right call.

• Like 1

How galactically stupid are the Braves?  If they had to pick one game to rest him:  He could have had a great game against the loser Rodriguez or go 0-4 with 2-3 k’s vs the best pitcher in the league.  Snitker be like: hmmm I’ll take the latter.   ????

I’m done.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FUM said:

How galactically stupid are the Braves?  If they had to pick one game to rest him:  He could have had a great game against the loser Rodriguez or go 0-4 with 2-3 k’s vs the best pitcher in the league.  Snitker be like: hmmm I’ll take the latter.   ????

I’m done.

Yeah, was thinking the exact same thing. 

15 minutes ago, Miggy&Prince said:

Yeah, was thinking the exact same thing. 

Maybe they are trying to challenge Acuna or show him that they are confident in his abilities...get him ready for a playoff race...but Scherzer?  Daaaaamn.

• Like 1

This thread think the Braves should just forfeit the second game or what? Sheesh. I'm sure he's available to pinch hit if needed in game 1.

• Like 2

Dont want to wear the 20 year old out. Off day yesterday and taking a breather in game 1 vs a terrible pitcher.

20 year olds get pretty tired with 8 ABs in 2 days, apparently.

• Haha 1

Only 2 players since the All Star break have at least 5 homers and 5 steals, one is Mike Trout and the other is Ronald Acuna Jr. Good to see him succeeding in the leadoff position and able to finally showcase his speed.

080818_albies_acuna.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Currently sporting a 30% strikeout rate. Hopefully he can lower that by 5-7% next season.

Have to keep in mind how few at bats in high minors he got. I think over time this will improve to low 20s.

he was consistently missing fastballs early on in the season and that seems to have corrected over the all star break. He has plenty of bat speed so I don’t see that being a problem going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Letitbe793 said:

Have to keep in mind how few at bats in high minors he got. I think over time this will improve to low 20s.

he was consistently missing fastballs early on in the season and that seems to have corrected over the all star break. He has plenty of bat speed so I don’t see that being a problem going forward.

His K% was over 30% in July and August. He'll never be as patient as Soto, but not many are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

His K% was over 30% in July and August. He'll never be as patient as Soto, but not many are. 

The thing is with Acuna's speed and stolen base potential, he won't need to be as good of a hitter as Soto to be an elite fantasy talent. You could see a 30/20 year from Acuna next year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlos Correa said:

The thing is with Acuna's speed and stolen base potential, he won't need to be as good of a hitter as Soto to be an elite fantasy talent. You could see a 30/20 year from Acuna next year.

agreed.

not to put too much pressure on the guy, but he is the most naturally gifted young player I've seen in quite a while. A lot of guys have elite athleticism and wicked bat speed, but lack the baseball skills to be effective or elite (think Keon Broxton, Drew Stubbs) but Acuna has that rare combo of rare athleticism combined with A-caliber natural hitting ability and great speed. In dynasty leagues, I'd be willing to offer a massive package (that seems like an overpay) in exchange for his services. 

• Like 1