Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

Last 30 days Acuna is the number 1 player in the game now. Let's compare him to the top ranked player on the year in the last 30 (yes small sample size). Just using this as a barometer to show what Acuna has done lately and what he could turn into for the future.

Acuna: 25 runs, 12 homers, 24 RBI, 6 SB .358 AVG, 1.240 OPS

Ramirez: 16 runs, 7 homers, 19 RBI, 7 SB, .320 AVG, 1.163 OPS

8 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Last 8 games, including tonight

.470 8HR 15RBI 13runs 2SB 

Could he be a top 10 pick next year (or to soon)?

I remember a thread started not long ago where folks "certainly" believed that Vlad Jr. would be the better major league player. 

This kid is absolute stud, right now, on a division contending team, in August, as a 20 y/o.  WOW! 

He’s currently ranked 161 in my yahoo league.  

No no you’re right yahoo, guys like Aaron hicks, Brian Anderson, double Herrera and Rhys Hoskins are way more deserving of a higher ranking.  

3 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

No no you’re right yahoo, guys like Aaron hicks, Brian Anderson, double Herrera and Rhys Hoskins are way more deserving of a higher ranking.  

He's ranked 107th in mine despite playing only 67 games. In the last 30 he's number 1 though. 

One weird thing about Yahoo rankings is they can change dramatically based on roster spots as I've found out with tinkering. 3 OF vs 5 OF can make a big difference in ranking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

He's ranked 107th in mine despite playing only 67 games. In the last 30 he's number 1 though. 

One weird thing about Yahoo rankings is they can change dramatically based on roster spots as I've found out with tinkering. 3 OF vs 5 OF can make a big difference in ranking.

That’s interesting; didn’t know they rank based on roster setup! In three leagues, he is ranked 120, 134, and 162.

10 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

You do realize those are season rankings...

he’s quite low on most season rankings because of all the games missed.

he is ranked 505 in one of my Yahoo leagues lol

Edited by daethfromabove1979
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Yea I figured as much.  We start 3 OF which still makes the ranking perplexing.  I guess you could make an argument for Anderson given his position eligibility but the other idk.  I reckon he gets penalized for playing less games.

not that it’s a big deal or anything...just find it odd.

13 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

My 5&5 H2H league he is 111

rotisserie 119

If you have no idea why 

this must be your first year fantasy baseball

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

My 5&5 H2H league he is 111

rotisserie 119

If you have no idea why 

this must be your first year fantasy baseball

Juan Soto...similar numbers (including ABs)...ranked 60 spots ahead of acuna 

Who cares about yahoo rankings. They are beyond useless. I don't think I've looked at those in 15 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Albies/Freeman/Acuna is going to be a powerful combo for ATL for a long long time. 

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

Juan Soto...similar numbers (including ABs)...ranked 60 spots ahead of acuna 

It can’t be ahead because in ESPN Soto is below 

Soto is ranked 184 while Acuna has 119 

H2H league Soto is ranked 161 Acuna is 111

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

Albies/Freeman/Acuna is going to be a powerful combo for ATL for a long long time. 

Austin Riley coming soon, throw in Swanson, and they could have the best infield in the league for a long time. Acuna, Inciarte, and possibly Pache in the OF(all three can play CF). They have a boat load of pitching prospects too. Good time to be a Braves fan. 

6 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It can’t be ahead because in ESPN Soto is below 

Soto is ranked 184 while Acuna has 119 

H2H league Soto is ranked 161 Acuna is 111

It’s an ops league so I get soto would be ahead but that seems like too wide of a margin.

anyway it’s definitely nothing worthy arguing about...just feel like acuna is somewhat underrated according to yahoos ranking.  

Just got beaned on the first pitch of the game. Right on the elbow. Still on the ground in a lot of pain. We are officially at DEFCON 2. Clearly wasn't hand/wrist, so some small comfort there.

UPDATE: standing at first base. Sorry for the panic. Acuna flipped his ankle pad right on the mound in front of Urena. Urena just tossed. Will this put the fire out?

Edited by amcsoldier

MLB needs to make an example of Urena and suspend his a** for a long time. Acuna is bringing eyeballs to MLB and they need to protect their stars.

Urena needs to know his role and that’s to make hitters look good and that’s it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

hopefully precautionary

Lets hope he doesn’t have an elbow chip.

The broadcast showed him wincing when putting on his glove in the outfield and then taking himself out.

I don’t have a good feeling, sadly.

5 minutes ago, mendozalineup said:

The broadcast showed him wincing when putting on his glove in the outfield and then taking himself out.

I don’t have a good feeling, sadly.

Let’s hope it’s just a bone bruise.