Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

The next great phenom of The Show is here... Can't help but feel like he's going to go early next year in redraft leagues. 

Early 2nd round at the latest IMO.   I bet he sneaks into the back half of the first in some places...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4catztoomany said:

2/4 double and single.  Would be nice if he would steal a base.

Well he has a steal today. And the Marlins actually didn't try to intentionally hit him today after the 2 near misses yesterday.

The strikeouts have been way down for the last couple months. In his first 43 games, he struck out 56 times. In his last 41 games, he has struck out 36 times. Pretty big difference.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

The strikeouts have been way down for the last couple months. In his first 43 games, he struck out 56 times. In his last 41 games, he has struck out 36 times. Pretty big difference.

And in the last 30 days he has a 21.5% K rate and 10% BB rate.  His progression is similar to minors where he K'ed a bunch and infrequently walked when at a new level but once he adjusted his rates improved a lot.  This is real progress. 

Since the ASB he has 180 abs, 10%BB rate, 20% k rate, .361 iso and .460 woba.

xWoba for the season is .393 and woba is .389.

I'm not too savvy on my understanding on advanced stats but I don't see anything in his numbers to suggest it's an illusion. 

Acuna is a fantasy beast and it appears he is going to get better.

Tough knee injury cost him some time and then the bean ball .... kid keeps putting up numbers

This kid just keeps breaking and tying all sorts of records. What a phenom.

• Like 1

Only took him 45 games to break a record for a team that's been around since the 1870s.

Edited by Carlos Correa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

will be interesting to see how acuna is ranked next year compared to yelich, bregman, benny, baez, story

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

will be interesting to see how acuna is ranked next year compared to yelich, bregman, benny, baez, story

As good as Yelich has been, especially recently, Acuna has been ever better in the 2nd half. It took Yelich several seasons to do what Acuna is doing as a 20 year old rookie. Acuna has been the number 1 overall player in my league since the ASB.

Edited by Carlos Correa

3 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

As good as Yelich has been, especially recently, Acuna has been ever better in the 2nd half. It took Yelich several seasons to do what Acuna is doing as a 20 year old rookie.

agree but almost everyone has that sophomore slump plus yelich approach has change and his home ballpark is a lot different

acuna does have easy 30-20 or even 33-25 upside but I think most of the other players I listed are safer

Edited by colepenhagen

It may not be next year (it may be), but this kid should be up there with Trout, Mookie and Jo-Ram pretty soon.

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

agree but almost everyone has that sophomore slump plus yelich approach has change and his home ballpark is a lot different

acuna does have easy 30-20 or even 33-25 upside but I think most of the other players I listed are safer

Agree with the sophomore slump but usually does not apply to superstars.  They just get better.

DmWEBmuX0AAIK8T.jpg

So 2 more leadoff HR to break the single season Rookie Record and 3 more HR to break Andruw Jones' franchise record.

Keep mashing kid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Really should be batting 2nd or 4th. 

Normally, I'd agree, but he's obviously benefiting from jumping on pitchers before they get settled in the first inning. This very much falls in the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" bucket in my book.

• Like 1