Carlos Correa

Ronald Acuna 2018 Outlook

16 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Thread should be hotter

Give people time to uncramp their hands and get another bottle of lube...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Thread should be hotter

I'd be more excited if he wasn't called up on a Tuesday and have to see him blow up on my bench in weekly leagues. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to see him do well, it's just a reminder of the crap you sometimes have to deal with in weekly leagues.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I'd be more excited if he wasn't called up on a Tuesday and have to see him blow up on my bench in weekly leagues. Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to see him do well, it's just a reminder of the crap you sometimes have to deal with in weekly leagues.

Bingo. How inconsiderate of them. On the plus side... BOOOMM!!

• Like 1

Acuna has LF in Yahoo now. I'm thrilled he got the needed starts so soon and didn't have to wait months for another OF slot. 

18 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Acuna has LF in Yahoo now. I'm thrilled he got the needed starts so soon and didn't have to wait months for another OF slot. 

Im thrilled that you can stop posting about LF eligibility now that he finally has it. Maybe we can get back tonsome acuna related info up in here 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Im thrilled that you can stop posting about LF eligibility now that he finally has it. Maybe we can get back tonsome acuna related info up in here 

It's about as helpful as anything else posted in here. Unless you're in the shallowest of leagues he's an every day /week starter. In no way am I trying to curb free discussion, but there isn't really anything to say about him that's really important. He was drafted as a top 100 player while a prospect not starting in the majors, now he's in the majors. He will get hot, he will slump, he will get hot again. Until he's injured, there isn't too much discuss. Lf elliigiblilty is probably as pertinent as anything else. Outside of that it's just going to be a circle jerk for the rest of the season, I'm not even against it.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Some people don't know or pay attention when player get an added position, especially if it's someone they don't own. No need to be a pickle about it, 

Aside from that, seemed like the first reshuffling of the ATL lineup had some good results, not to say I agreed with where everyone ended up hitting though. It will be interesting to see the lineup each day going ahead. Some were concerned having Inciarte who is red hot in the 9 spot, but he put up nice numbers yesterday too. Then Bautista is on his way, have to see what kind of tweaks they make to the lineup once he's arrived. 

Nice to see Acuna pick up a SB and small sample size so far but he's contributed across the board. He's going to see some better SP @NYm than what he faced so far, but I'm sure he'll hold his own. It will be nice to see some metrics on this guy once more of a data pool is available for some fun breakdowns. 

• Like 1

My most exciting player by a wide margin 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Dat bat speed doh...

That was one wicked looking 81MPH slider right down the middle for Acuna. Poor jason vargas. He had no chance. 

i would be more excited to see him hit a line drive...0% LD%. Home runs off Vargas and Homer Bailey are nice and all...lol

• Confused 6

1 hour ago, dilly3307 said:

Are the 7 extra base hits in 35 ab’s not enough to keep you happy?

sure they are? i'm a die hard braves fan couldn't' be happier. would just like to see him not try and hit everything out of the park. 

• Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Sine_cera said:

So your saying he's pretty good

1 hour ago, Stickfig13 said:

“Ronnie...Try not to hit balls 400+ feet over the fence. We really need you to drive the gaps a little more for singles and doubles” 

Brian Snitker 

That sounds a little too much like something Snitker would actually say. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

So your saying he's pretty good

Can’t hit line drives though...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

Can’t hit line drives though...

i didn't say he wasn't good? did i? 

• Haha 1

You should sell high. High and in fastballs and breaking balls in the dirt are imminent.

• Confused 2

He only hits second deckers