• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Wallscrapers

Jesus Aguilar 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

How good is the Brewers lineup that a guy with an .890 OPS can't find a spot in it?

Well Santana and his .679 OPS are still in there.

7 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Well Santana and his .679 OPS are still in there.

You hit the nail on the head- it’s pretty obvious that Thames should play over Santana everyday and solve the logjam. 

11 minutes ago, cyberer said:

You hit the nail on the head- it’s pretty obvious that Thames should play over Santana everyday and solve the logjam. 

Santana has barley played since Braun came back so he isn’t the issue.  Santana is in there today simply to get gamd action than he prob sits the next 3-4 games agajn. 

6 hours ago, cyberer said:

Thames playing over Santana doesn't solve the logjams. You still have Braun, Yelich, Cain, Thames, and Aguilar for four spots in the field. 

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Thames playing over Santana doesn't solve the logjams. You still have Braun, Yelich, Cain, Thames, and Aguilar for four spots in the field. 

It’s almost like they acquired too many OF’s in the offseason. I’m sure we all scratched our heads when they traded an OF, good move, for another OF(not good) then signed another OF. 

8 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

It’s almost like they acquired too many OF’s in the offseason. I’m sure we all scratched our heads when they traded an OF, good move, for another OF(not good) then signed another OF. 

If you think the market is undervaluing outfielders, why not? They have a lot of hitters on reasonable contracts that could be moved for pitching and they have guys that could slot into the lineup behind them without missing a beat. From a fantasy perspective, it stinks, but I think it makes sense.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

I don't think they have too many regrets giving up Brinson for Yelich or signing Cain - they've been two of their most productive players this year.  Take the talent where you can get it.  Braun is always injured, Santana has been garbage after a year with a ridiculously unsustainable HR rate, and I don't think anyone would have been excited about heading into a year trying to contend with the Cubs with Thames starting in a corner OF spot and Aguilar starting at 1B. 

Aguilar has been a very nice surprise, and they would be smart to give him the lion's share of the PT at 1B going forward, but he's more like a Plan B that worked out better than expected.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

If you think the market is undervaluing outfielders, why not? They have a lot of hitters on reasonable contracts that could be moved for pitching and they have guys that could slot into the lineup behind them without missing a beat. From a fantasy perspective, it stinks, but I think it makes sense.

Not to mention the pitching that they could have spent their money on is hot garbage.  Arrieta's been OK, but for twice the price of Cain, and the lower-priced pitching options have all been horrendous.  

• Like 1

Back in the cleanup spot today.  Likely due to a LHP being on the mound. 

Big issue seems to be Braun and Thames both deserve AB's as well.  Not as though they have proved to be liabilities.  I am discounting Santana in the mix, though I am not sure what he provides defensively and if it earns him some starts.

In a utopia with ample bench spots, rostering both Aguilar/Thames and platooning as the Brewers do could provide high-level production.  Likely not feasible in most leagues, however.  Could prove to be a frustrating situation.

I'm not holding on to this guy for long. Everyone is saying he's swinging a hot bat but the guy goes hitless most days then 3-4 with a dinger and playing in a platoon I see more of the former than the latter. 

Just now, collucho said:

I'm not holding on to this guy for long. Everyone is saying he's swinging a hot bat but the guy goes hitless most days then 3-4 with a dinger and playing in a platoon I see more of the former than the latter. 

yes it's almost like you have to endure a lot of his O'fers to get his crazy hot games.  I've benched him a couple of times he went off then played him when he doesn't get a hit.  He doesn't even walk much which kills those of us OBP leagues.

35 minutes ago, RJWMN24 said:

Back in the cleanup spot today.  Likely due to a LHP being on the mound. 

Big issue seems to be Braun and Thames both deserve AB's as well.  Not as though they have proved to be liabilities.  I am discounting Santana in the mix, though I am not sure what he provides defensively and if it earns him some starts.

In a utopia with ample bench spots, rostering both Aguilar/Thames and platooning as the Brewers do could provide high-level production.  Likely not feasible in most leagues, however.  Could prove to be a frustrating situation.

I'm rostering both for a few days to see how this plays out.

Same, holding for the moment. Sucks if he is only playing 60% of the time though, not sure how rosterable he is even in dailys unless you want to be checking the lineup card every day which I do not.

28 minutes ago, collucho said:

Well, he hasn't been swinging a hot bat. He's been slumping the last couple of weeks. Frankly, all I care about in roto is his final numbers. I'm not really concerned if he's super streaky along the way. 

1 minute ago, swfcdan said:

Same, holding for the moment. Sucks if he is only playing 60% of the time though, not sure how rosterable he is even in dailys unless you want to be checking the lineup card every day which I do not.

I check my daily league rosters every day. Takes me about 15 seconds to pull up my app and see if any of my guys have those red Xs next to their names. So I'll check periodically. 

• Like 1

Do we see Thames taking AB's away from Aguilar going forward?

3 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Do we see Thames taking AB's away from Aguilar going forward?

Scroll back.  This has been the central topic of discussion here over the past couple of days.  Consensus seems to be that Aguilar's days of being an everyday player are over absent another injury.

Heads up guys.

7 game week coming up...and all scheduled righties.

Doesnt look good.

1. Batting 3rd tonight even against a RHP.  Still figures to lose plenty of AB's over the long haul but has at least moved himself out of strict platoon player against LHP.

Another bomb for The Big Cat Aguilar

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aguilar is underappreciated. All the platoon talk in this thread is overshadowing the fact that he's been having a quietly solid year. Even if he loses playing time for a while, I'd say chances are pretty good that he'll work his way into the line-up based on sheer production and/or injuries to other players... and even when he's platooning, in 12-teamers where you set daily line-ups he's usually worth plugging in at utility or CI (echoing what Flyman75 said above).

Edited by elsegundo

3 hours ago, elsegundo said:

Aguilar is underappreciated. All the platoon talk in this thread is overshadowing the fact that he's been having a quietly solid year. Even if he loses playing time for a while, I'd say chances are pretty good that he'll work his way into the line-up based on sheer production and/or injuries to other players... and even when he's platooning, in 12-teamers where you set daily line-ups he's usually worth plugging in at utility or CI (echoing what Flyman75 said above).

Solid?  He is having a breakout year.

Not starting today...for those in daily leagues. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Solid?  He is having a breakout year.

I chose to describe it as 'solid' because, while I love his production, I don't know that you can have a 'breakout' year while being in a platoon.... although yeah if he keeps crushing it then yes by all means let's revisit the discussion.  

Edited by elsegundo