Wallscrapers

Jesus Aguilar 2018 Outlook

This guy looks like prime Nelson Cruz. Should be the starting first baseman even with everyone healthy. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

This guy looks like prime Nelson Cruz. Should be the starting first baseman even with everyone healthy.

This might be what we'd like to believe but do we really think the brewers wont play thames or braun? I'm fearing an annoying platoon which is why I haven't added him yet

• Like 2

If he keeps mashing it will be interesting to see what happens with Braun/Thames.  

My guess is that eventually pitchers will figure out how to get him out.

this dude is legit - I think we should ride the wave and see how it shakes out.  Who knows when those two are coming back anyways?

I think that Aguilar is a really good hitter...very underrated.  The situation is allowing him to get some ABs now and that's huge.  He can't defend well anywhere, but it was nice to see him get some reps at 3B the other day.  If he could get some regular ABs and be 1B/3B eligible then he could really be valuable.

• Like 2

Added in both leagues (one was more of a need while the other was just to hopefully add some offensive help while he is hot).  With batting/offense being down this year, I will add now and ask questions later with anyone who can give me 5 R, 4 HR, and 6 RBI in three games.

Just now, Coach George said:

I think that Aguilar is a really good hitter...very underrated.  The situation is allowing him to get some ABs now and that's huge.  He can't defend well anywhere, but it was nice to see him get some reps at 3B the other day.  If he could get some regular ABs and be 1B/3B eligible then he could really be valuable.

He is definitely forcing the issue with his bat at the moment.  

Jumped on this train, and hoping I haven't missed the the highlights already....  assume he gets full ABs this week, right?

Added in my dynasty league about 2 weeks ago before he really started heating up. I did not add in my shallow league but that is only because I already own 3 1b as I wanted to add so badly. Anyway's the guy clearly can hit and the arc kind of reminds me of Jose Martinez in that both are horrid defenders and really don;t have a position to play but Jose did force the issue this year so maybe Jesus can do the same once Thames is back. Thames is not back for another 4-6 weeks so you don't have to worry about that now. Those who own Goldy or don't have 1b depth should hop on the train and see where it goes. Jesus is batting 3rd in a good lu playing in a great ballpark half the games. 

Will Aguilar still get playing time when Thames comes back? Braun is back as well....Just wondering if he will be worth holding onto...

51 minutes ago, mi26 said:

Will Aguilar still get playing time when Thames comes back? Braun is back as well....Just wondering if he will be worth holding onto...

No one knows for sure. Even before Braun came back Aguilar sat and that guy Choi filled in at 1st for a game. I would bet that his playing time decreases with Thames comes back and they go back into a platoon of sorts.

Thames was OPSing 1.014 vs right handers prior to his injury. How do you keep that out of the lineup. I think Braun/Santana/Perez becomes a time share.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Is there something I'm missing on this guy? his ownership on yahoo is so low.....he seems to always hit....and is hitting in good spots in the order.

Hey a broken watch is right twice a day 

Big hulking beast of a dude, has decent bat control too. He's looking legit, no way can they bench him the way he's hitting. 1B should be his.

3 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Jesus walks.

...on water. 

• Haha 1

I bet the Brewers wish they had gone through with that rumored Braun Dodgers deal when they could before Kemps resurgence 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

I bet the Brewers wish they had gone through with that rumored Braun Dodgers deal when they could before Kemps resurgence 

Possibly, but they still have the option of just benching Thames when he comes back.  He's proven he's not that good, and obviously Aguilar is hitting like he is not just named Jesus.  Obviously Aguilar will slump at some point, as not even Trout can keep up a hot streak like Aguilar's, but he's hit so good that there's little way he can be anything but the full-time 1B for the foreseeable future.

36 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Possibly, but they still have the option of just benching Thames when he comes back.  He's proven he's not that good, and obviously Aguilar is hitting like he is not just named Jesus.  Obviously Aguilar will slump at some point, as not even Trout can keep up a hot streak like Aguilar's, but he's hit so good that there's little way he can be anything but the full-time 1B for the foreseeable future.

Thames? When did he prove he's not good? He was good to start and end last year but stunk in the middle when he was hurting. He was off to a pretty good start this year as well.

It wouldn’t be a far fetched idea to get thames in the outfield and have braun and santana benched