Wallscrapers

Jesus Aguilar 2018 Outlook

Man.  These guys go on binges for a couple of months and then are waiver wire fodder seemingly the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Man.  These guys go on binges for a couple of months and then are waiver wire fodder seemingly the rest of the season.

The guy hit .270 5 HR with almost 20 RBI last month.... 

• Like 2

If he wasn't a late-round keeper, I'd be thinking hard about dropping Aguilar. He has no HR and only 4 RBI through 35 Sept ABs, and over the last 30 days he's hit 2 HR with 10 RBI. And his BA is dropping. He's been almost non-existent over the last few weeks. 

22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If he wasn't a late-round keeper, I'd be thinking hard about dropping Aguilar. He has no HR and only 4 RBI through 35 Sept ABs, and over the last 30 days he's hit 2 HR with 10 RBI. And his BA is dropping. He's been almost non-existent over the last few weeks. 

Yea.  Similar to what I said earlier in this thread these guys go on binges for a week or two and after that period really are replaceable with another hot bat.  Even Freddie Freeman has been meh for a long stretch here. Really only the superstars are immune to this. 

It takes some guts to bench some of these guys but it is so obvious that the thing to do is rotate hot bats in and out of lineups.  This has been clear with a lot of guys obviously but it is the case with even semi-star players.  How many seasons has Justin Upton been going cold for 2 month stretches?

Edited by B&F

4 minutes ago, B&F said:

Yea.  Similar to what I said earlier in this thread these guys go on binges for a week or two and after that period really are replaceable with another hot bat.  Even Freddie Freeman has been meh for a long stretch here. Really only the superstars are immune to this. 

It takes some guts to bench some of these guys but it is so obvious that the thing to do is rotate hot bats in and out of lineups.

Yeah, I have both of them, lol. His HR totals for May-August was 8, 10, 6, 6. I can live with those pretty easily, lol, but most of those August HRs came early in the month. I'm hoping for a final HR binge over the final couple of weeks.