cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

How is the giants oline looking? Weren’t they pretty terrible last year?

Nate Solder, one of the best RUN blocking left tackles, signed 

Will Hernandez, 1 of the best run blocking guards in recent memory, drafted 

(its going to be better) 

I have no shot at this bc my organization isn't rebuilding, only reloading... 

...However, I'm curious. 

For those that didn't hold the first pick, but acquired the rights to Barkley or the pick to take him #1 overall, what did you pay? 

50 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I have no shot at this bc my organization isn't rebuilding, only reloading... 

...However, I'm curious. 

For those that didn't hold the first pick, but acquired the rights to Barkley or the pick to take him #1 overall, what did you pay? 

I tried very hard to move up to 1.01 in one of my dynasty leagues. 

I actually hold 1.02 and 1.03. I offered both picks for 1.01. He said no within 7 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I actually hold 1.02 and 1.03. I offered both picks for 1.01. He said no within 7 seconds. 

Thank your lucky stars.

5 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Thank your lucky stars.

I think I'd still do that deal. 

I really like Penny, and he's my choice for 1.02, but after that...I dunno. 

Im probably taking Guice, but I'm not super high on him. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

6 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

So you offer him an absolute steal and he rejects it? Isn’t that something.... Why on earth would you even offer that and why would he reject it? Penny and Guice or Michel >>>>>> Barkley. 

11 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

As he should. The difference between Barkley and any two rookies in this class is immense.  You're at least another 1st AND an every-week starter short of offering comparable value.

11 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

I think I'd still do that deal. 

I really like Penny, and he's my choice for 1.02, but after that...I dunno. 

Im probably taking Guice, but I'm not super high on him. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Listen to some of these answers...lol.   You might as well be asking Giants fans to give up their prom date they’ve been waiting months for.   

The Barkley hype is completely off the rails.   You made a fair offer but he’s in love.    Draft Penny and Guice and be pleased.      

Both of you made bad decisions. You offered him 2 picks and he rejected the 2 picks.  This is fantasy football not real world football any 2 combination of sony-guice-penny-royce-chubb-ronald is worth more than barkley.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Both of you made bad decisions. You offered him 2 picks and he rejected the 2 picks.  This is fantasy football not real world football any 2 combination of sony-guice-penny-royce-chubb-ronald is worth more than barkley.

Just like you would trade Zeke to get Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake, right?  How about trading Todd Gurley to get Ameer Abdullah and T.J Yeldon?

20 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Just like you would trade Zeke to get Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake, right?  How about trading Todd Gurley to get Ameer Abdullah and T.J Yeldon?

You're still trolling. . . :lol:

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You're still trolling. . . :lol:

Yes, to you proving a point has always been trolling.

Probably because it always makes you look bad.  Sorry, nothing I can do to fix that one.

1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Yes, to you proving a point has always been trolling.

Probably because it always makes you look bad.  Sorry, nothing I can do to fix that one.

You're still trolling. . .:lol::lol::lol::P

Edited by dashoe

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You're still trolling. . .:lol::lol::lol::P

Man and I thought Axe Elf was annoying... 

You're the first poster to make me actually look for a 'mute poster' button. Congrats. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Man and I thought Axe Elf was annoying... 

You're the first poster to make me actually look for a 'mute poster' button. Congrats. 

Et tu troll?:lol:

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don’t know about all that-  but penny plus Guice would certainly make me think long and hard about dealing Saquon.    Doesn’t mean it’s the right move-  but IMO the offer was fair 

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I don’t know about all that-  but penny plus Guice would certainly make me think long and hard about dealing Saquon.    Doesn’t mean it’s the right move-  but IMO the offer was fair 

obviously it depends on what you value more. I don't think 1 single starting rb is worth 2 starting rb's who may be just as productive fantasy wise. Penny,guice and royce have just as much fantasy opportunity as barkley. I think there tends to be a distortion between the newest generational rookie rb marketing hype and the fantasy value. Fournette was an perfect situation as an assumed  every down rb in a run heavy offense under GM coughlin and marketed as a generational rb talent taken  4th pick last year and #1 pick rookie draft  was he worth any 2 of cmc+hunt+mixon+kamara?  if you are offerring me 2 starting rb's for 1 starting rb i think that's a  sacrifice and if i decline it i think that's a bad decision. I'm not even factoring in injury probability for starting rb's or even if their team sux as in the case of mixon. 

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I don’t know about all that-  but penny plus Guice would certainly make me think long and hard about dealing Saquon.   

I think a lot of these guys are thinking long and hard about Saquon, but I'm afraid the balls will be blue in NY.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2018 at 10:08 PM, Axe Elf said:

Thank your lucky stars.

23 hours ago, Gohawks said:

So you offer him an absolute steal and he rejects it? Isn’t that something.... Why on earth would you even offer that and why would he reject it? Penny and Guice or Michel >>>>>> Barkley. 

18 hours ago, joshua18 said:

As he should. The difference between Barkley and any two rookies in this class is immense.  You're at least another 1st AND an every-week starter short of offering comparable value.

Would it be fair to compare the rejected trade to someone rejecting a Ginn Jr + DBowe offer for Calvin in 2007 -?

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Would it be fair to compare the rejected trade to someone rejecting a Ginn Jr + DBowe offer for Calvin in 2007 -?

I already tried that.  They don't care.

20 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Probly more like turning down McNabb and Culpepper for Tim Couch in 1999.

5 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

Probly more like turning down McNabb and Culpepper for Tim Couch in 1999.

In a 2 QB league, sure.

5 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I already tried that.  They don't care.

Surprised?

19 hours ago, dashoe said:

obviously it depends on what you value more. I don't think 1 single starting rb is worth 2 starting rb's who may be just as productive fantasy wise. Penny,guice and royce have just as much fantasy opportunity as barkley. I think there tends to be a distortion between the newest generational rookie rb marketing hype and the fantasy value. Fournette was an perfect situation as an assumed  every down rb in a run heavy offense under GM coughlin and marketed as a generational rb talent taken  4th pick last year and #1 pick rookie draft  was he worth any 2 of cmc+hunt+mixon+kamara?  if you are offerring me 2 starting rb's for 1 starting rb i think that's a  sacrifice and if i decline it i think that's a bad decision. I'm not even factoring in injury probability for starting rb's or even if their team sux as in the case of mixon. 

2 for 1 trades mean nothing.   It’s about the caliber of players and situations involved.   Penny has a terrible line and still has to win the job.    Guice has another mid round rb to beat out as well as a talented receiving back in CT.   Neither are guaranteed successes at the NFL level.  

Barkley is the most gifted player by far— going top 6-7 overall IN REDRAFT with no meaningful comp, in an excellent situation.   It’s as close to a guarantee as you will get in fantasy.   Good players like Guice and Penny come and go, but generational talents like Barkley do not.   

You don’t trade generational talents-  you build around them.  After some reflection, I’d keep Barkley over any other 2 rookie backs.  

It’s an interesting debate-   id love to hear from other experienced dynasty players on this. 

@Bartos

@vikingapocalypse

@mrblonde1984

@Iron-cock

@petekrum

@Winky

@Rolling Thunder

@Packdog

@BlakeP42

@JHM_13

@Lord_Varys

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

In a dynasty league where a bad decision can hamstring you for years trading 2 players with unknown usage for 1 super-stud that you know is going to get monster volume seems like a no brainer to me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1