cohenstantinople

Saquon Barkley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's just say that the kid will be having trips to the red zone on prolly every possession ... this could be epic

Hopefully. Saquans a stud, just worried we get a repeat of the SF where they just feed OBJ haha 

Edited by vthokie3

16 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Hopefully. Saquans a stud, just worried we get a repeat of the SF where they just feed OBJ haha 

Barkley gets his 20 touches regardless - the Jints should move the ball effectively given the circumstances ... safety help on the WRs leaving Barkley in favorable mismatches all afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

The guy im playing against has OBJ.... hopefully the eagles are smart and they double cover OBJ like they did to Thomas when playing against NO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's just say that the kid will be having trips to the red zone on prolly every possession ... this could be epic

Why are they all out?

10 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Why are they all out?

Decided to retire

You want to get put on the hot seat in NY. Lose to the Eagles and give All-World Saquon Barkley just 5 touches after he dominated in the first half. Will be an interesting week on Talk Radio.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2

This guy is pure talent. Has to overcome crappy offense and crappy play calling and still putting up 25+ in a half. Up by 5 in the 4th and doesn’t even get a single touch for 2 possessions. If this was OBJ, there would be fireworks...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You want to get put on the hot seat in NY. Lose to the Eagles and give All-World Saquon Barkley just 5 touches after he dominated in the first half. Will be an interesting week on Talk Radio.

And one of those 5 touches was on the second-to-last play of the game when Eagles were in prevent defense. Truly an abysmal effort by the Giants coaching staff. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I was wondering what happened, are they trying to keep him healthy or what? I was expecting a 40 point game.

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I was wondering what happened, are they trying to keep him healthy or what? I was expecting a 40 point game.

RB Saquon Barkley was kept out on the second drive of the second half. Pat Shurmur said the Giants were simply going to “spell him a little bit.” Barkley had 5 touches in the second half after 15 in the first half.

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Anyone think they tanked this game?

6 minutes ago, ponziacs said:

To me there's no other excuse to give him 5 touches in the 2nd half, and I don't even own him in any leagues.  That was a well deserved loss by the Giants.  Inexcusable.

Edited by RMJ_12

Not like I was sitting Barkley against Chicago but Trubisky being out this week helps being able to run more. Let’s hope they stay w Barkley a full game.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:48 PM, ponziacs said:

Of course.

No point in trying to win.

Need to get the first pick.

Giants winning vs TB and SF was so dumb too.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, ponziacs said:

51 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Of course.

No point in trying to win.

Need to get the first pick.

Giants winning vs TB and SF was so dumb too.

Not necessarily. Just go back to last season where Owner John Mara emphasized how the Giants will try to win every game no matter what. They almost pulled out the big upset versus the Eagles in week 15 last season and beat the Redskins in week 17.

The Giants winning against TB and SF were because they honestly thought that they could run the table given the schedule. It's a shame that Shurmur's conservative play calling in the second half of the Eagles game last week ruined that and a chance for three consecutive wins.

There's a lot of stuff going on OBJ somewhat calling out Shurmur, Shurmur supposedly "mocking" OBJ, Shurmur "somewhat" blaming Eli instead of himself. So distractions maybe, but guys like Shurmur and Eli are playing for jobs. So tanking, no.

5 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Is Barkley the consensus 1.02 pick next year after Gurley?

Consensus no, but there is an easy argument to be made. It's going to be similar to the top half of this years draft where Gurley, Zeke, Bell, and DJ were the top 4 guys but everyone had them in a different order. It'll probably be some combination of Gurley (who will probably #1) followed by Zeke, Barkley, CMC, Gordon, and Kamara. Gurley should be #1 but you can make an argument for any of those 5 guys to be #2. Depending on where Bell lands he could creep into that list as well. It's looking like you're going to want a top 6 or so draft pick next year because the top half of the draft is great. 

• Like 1

Anyone concerned the Giants offense will get steamrolled by the Redskins D? Saquon will be seeing stacked boxes all day and limited red zone looks. I'm thinking of sitting him for Ware. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Anyone concerned the Giants offense will get steamrolled by the Redskins D? Saquon will be seeing stacked boxes all day and limited red zone looks. I'm thinking of sitting him for Ware. 

Bruh, dont do that.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Have you watched any Giants games this year lol...you can’t be serious. This dude is as electric as they come. If anything this is a boost to Barkley. He’s going to get a lot of touches in this game. Skins offense is terrible, look who is starting for them lol..he’s going to get a minimum of 20 carries. He went 9 for 73 in the passing game last game against Wash too, and wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes with a stat line close to that.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheFire said:

nope. definitely dont do that barkley is talented enough to break off an 80yd td run at any point even against a stacked box