tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

38 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Anyone selling him in PPR? I think his upside is capped at RB2 as long as James White is the pass catcher there. 

I sold last week in a package for Kamara. Couldn't stomach him being held out until after bye (which I thought/think is as likely as a return this week) as am fighting hard for playoff spot. I dig him, think he's probably high 2 or low 1 ROS but couldn't hold on. 

1 minute ago, VIKEVIKE77 said:

I sold last week in a package for Kamara. Couldn't stomach him being held out until after bye (which I thought/think is as likely as a return this week) as am fighting hard for playoff spot. I dig him, think he's probably high 2 or low 1 ROS but couldn't hold on. 

Just curious, what did you package him with to land Kamara?

4 minutes ago, VIKEVIKE77 said:

I was thinking about moving him + Tyreek for a top RB in the event that he misses this week or gets injured again. Would be eyeing someone like Kamara, Melvin, Saquon, etc depending on team makeup. 

Just now, VIKEVIKE77 said:

JuJu

Nice. I love Sony and Juju, but like that move for you given your strength at WR. I'm assuming Sutton being elevated on Denver depth chart made you more confortable with it too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Nice. I love Sony and Juju, but like that move for you given your strength at WR. I'm assuming Sutton being elevated on Denver depth chart made you more confortable with it too.

Yeah, for sure. Cooper changing scenery to, what I believe is, a much better situation and Sutton being called up, along with Fitz maybe being force-fed kinda made me comfortable with moving them both. Here's hoping for production out of 2/3. You hit it though, when the reports of DT being moved popped up and Sutton on my bench for a few weeks it gave me the confidence that Kamara for Sony far outweighed the void of losing Ju. 

2 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

Anyone selling him in PPR? I think his upside is capped at RB2 as long as James White is the pass catcher there. 

Selling? Why would you sell? He's only been out one week and even when he was in, him and white had RB 1 numbers 

Any updates on his status for this week?  With my roster getting hit hard by byes this week I'd really really like to play him as my flex but that Sunday night game time is a potential killer.

8 minutes ago, Luckystrike7 said:

Any updates on his status for this week?  With my roster getting hit hard by byes this week I'd really really like to play him as my flex but that Sunday night game time is a potential killer.

No updates yet. They practice later so we will get an idea of how he was used in practiced. I'm going to assume limited participation 

20 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm so seldom right, according to my wife, that I have to celebrate every victory...no matter how small. Lol. 

Every chub is a miracle and should be celebrated.  Just like every single fantasy forecast that comes true should be humbly bragged about.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully he plays because James White is my opponent. I likely won't start Sony, but I'd like White to be affected.

Michel's presence may only bolster The James White (TJW)

• Like 1

He has been practicing all week, will play, and is a must start against a bad rush defense.  Why all the hand-wringing?

14 minutes ago, cordovahi said:

Source please!

Yeah, I just got a sleeperbot notification about it. @Ronahan24 tweeted it, but I have no idea who that is, or whether or not it can be trusted.

1 minute ago, Bastardo! said:

He has been practicing all week, will play, and is a must start against a bad rush defense.  Why all the hand-wringing?

Most of us have probably been burned in the past in similar situations, especially since the injury looked so bad at first and the Pats are notorious about giving as little medical info as possible. Even if he gets in limited practices all week it's easy to project that they will call him a game time decision, and with it being a late start we won't have the active/inactive info until its too late. Given these factors I think a little hand-wringing probably prudent, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Most of us have probably been burned in the past in similar situations, especially since the injury looked so bad at first and the Pats are notorious about giving as little medical info as possible. Even if he gets in limited practices all week it's easy to project that they will call him a game time decision, and with it being a late start we won't have the active/inactive info until its too late. Given these factors I think a little hand-wringing probably prudent, don't you think?

agreed and what if he's active but gets a limited snap count in his first game back from injury!

7 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

He will play and be featured.  He didn't play last week because they didn't need him.  They were playing the Bills.

4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

He will play and be featured.  He didn't play last week because they didn't need him.  They were playing the Bills.

He also DNP all week until Saturday. I have to imagine that since he has been practicing all week (so far) he's going to play SNF. If not, pick up Jamaal Williams or someone to plug in as a contingency plan. 

25 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Agree and my other option (Doug Martin) is playing tonight! So I need as much info as possible to ensure I don't get royally screwed by banking on Michel for Sunday.

13 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

That's a lot of conviction for a situation that, objectively speaking, has some real uncertainty baked in. No wins are given in the NFL and that game was a lot closer than the final score looked. If Michel was healthy enough to play they would have played him. Their running game is atrocious without him, whether they play the Bills or otherwise--again, if he could have played he would have played.

I think it's fine to take your approach if Michel by far and away your best option. But if I'm looking at my RB2 slot and I'm weighing Michel v. Chubb, Miller, Kerryon etc. it's hard not to go with the slightly less attractive but more certain option. To each his own I suppose but I think you might be a little naive if you think there's 0% chance Sony is inactive come Sunday night. A lot of time between now and then for setbacks and the bottom line is that none of us have any real facts about his medical situation beside the morsels we are fed in terms of the injury reports after practice. The only absolute here is that there are none. Wise owners would do well to be aware of that fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Michel's presence may only bolster The James White (TJW)

When Sony had his first big game in Week 4 through Week 6 his numbers trended up, while James White in those same weeks declined in fantasy points. Since Sony has been out his numbers have shot back up. Bolster? That's a stretch.