tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, patsspytech said:

Woof.  D Henry and Jamal Williams both available in my league.  Leaning Henry, I guess ?

Yeah definitely go Henry

19 minutes ago, dlatham36 said:

Yeah definitely go Henry

Tymont gone and Aaron Jones easily dinged. 

We know what we got with Henry.

Im leaning Williams here.

What are peoples thoughts about CP84 taking rushing attempts away from Sony when he comes back?

I'm slightly worried tbh, considering Sony's relevance relies almost entirely on his command over the rushing attempts in the NE backfield, and CP84 has looked promising coming out of the backfield in his absence. 

3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

What are peoples thoughts about CP84 taking rushing attempts away from Sony when he comes back?

I'm slightly worried tbh, considering Sony's relevance relies almost entirely on his command over the rushing attempts in the NE backfield, and CP84 has looked promising coming out of the backfield in his absence. 

I'm more worried about Rex Burkhead's possible return. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It makes no sense to play him vs Titans even if he is 80% full health.  The Titans are terrible and they have a Bye next week.

• Like 1

I don't expect them to do the same thing they did last week. CP does not strike me as a player who is used the same way consistently, especially in BB's offense. Michel was the most consistent thing they had in their run game and it was working nicely. So I don't know. I certainly want to play Michel when he comes back, but we have several days to decide. He was almost a go last week.

Edited by dropshadows

Titans are not "terrible". They're a .500 team at the moment, so average is better suited for them. 

I don't think NE will take them lightly, so if Sony can play, he'll play.

3 hours ago, Kilo said:

I'm more worried about Rex Burkhead's possible return. 

Rex Burkhead possible to return for week 12, I don't like the sound of that. Might try and move Sony before it's too late

Looking ahead, it's so difficult to gauge if Sony Michel will be a valuable keeper for next season.  It looks like he has the talent to be that bell cow RB that the Patriots always find, but the knee injuries are really adding up.  A 7th round value for next season is nice, but we need Sony to stay healthy. 

I think he gets back on track this week with a positive game script.  

10 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

Looking ahead, it's so difficult to gauge if Sony Michel will be a valuable keeper for next season.  It looks like he has the talent to be that bell cow RB that the Patriots always find, but the knee injuries are really adding up.  A 7th round value for next season is nice, but we need Sony to stay healthy. 

I think he gets back on track this week with a positive game script.  

I'm leaning towards agreeing with you. It doesn't help that Burkhead's contract is through 2020, though there is an out before the 2020 season. His owners in keeper leagues will have to just wait and see what happens in the offseason. 

2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Rex Burkhead possible to return for week 12, I don't like the sound of that. Might try and move Sony before it's too late

He’s a warm body, that’s it. Sony and White are the 1-2 punch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Titans are not "terrible". They're a .500 team at the moment, so average is better suited for them. 

Fair enough. They're terribly average.

11 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Yeah I'm torn on that. It definitely is a concern especially if Burkhead reclaims the GL role but with his receiving ability he'll also cut into White so it isn't like all his touches/snaps will be from Michel. Additionally, Burkhead is only possible to return then, I haven't heard a ton about his return/progress and he has had a injury-riddled career, still has that damaged knee and is coming off a neck injury which isn't the type of injury you want to play around with. I don't see Michel relinquishing the lion-share of the carries though and I think he has proven to be much more talented so worst case I see is Michel becoming more of a RB2 than the RB1 he was producing as when he was healthy. That does leave a gap to suck some value out but idk. I was offered Robert Woods for him yesterday (for my team it is a great fit but I still declined it). 

Lol ppl are really worried about the potential of Burphead returning??  He's been out for quite a while. If he does come back, his impact would come during the NFL playoffs.

• Like 3

On 10/30/2018 at 7:55 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

Pats are 6-2. I am not sure Green Bays d can keep pats off board. My guess is Michel gets rest and other fill in until he's comfy. Pats have playoffs to think of. The build for the offs. Less Gronk, less Michel, more of expendables. 

Ahem, goalsnine. Yes, I just patted myself on the back because you thought this was crazy. 

What's the chances he steps right back in and gets the workload he was getting pre injury?

5 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

What's the chances he steps right back in and gets the workload he was getting pre injury?

Very high probability. A virtual guarantee 

Edited by ImAlwaysRight

I'm sitting out this week, hope they ease him in with the bye next week

Disclaimer: Rb's are also DJ mixon Mack so have that luxury

14 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

0-100%

Depends on how he looks, how the Titans look, what the score is, what BB feels like doing, how CP84 is playing...

Edited by Zak0221
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm benching Sony Michel for Duke Johnson in PPR this week. (ATL gets murdered by pass catching RBs)

I know cool story bro

I would assume Burkhead would be more of a threat to White’s touches than Michel’s. Burkhead is a good player but he’s definitely best served as a pass catcher/change of pace back. When the patriots are wanting to run the ball, I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Michel that got most of the carries.