tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

I think five may be on the low side.  I'd look for a 50/50 rush split with White.  Basically replacing Cordarrelle's carries.

One thing I've learned this year is not to trust a guy coming back from a multi week injury in his first game.

James White is averaging 5 carries in games that Sony Michel starts (and finishes). I don't think Michel would be brought back if he can't handle a full workload.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I think five may be on the low side.  I'd look for a 50/50 rush split with White.  Basically replacing Cordarrelle's carries.

One thing I've learned this year is not to trust a guy coming back from a multi week injury in his first game.

50/50 touch split, sure. I doubt Theo Riddick errrrr James White splits carries with Michel 50/50

Edited by jsch08

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Michel was limited to some capacity today 

I am surprised he is activate ... 

I thought we wouldn’t see Sony until week 12 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I am surprised he is activate ... 

I thought we wouldn’t see Sony until week 12 

As a Sony owner, I felt the same. Why not just let him heal through the bye so he's good to go for the stretch run! Burkhead is about to be back in play possibly. I have Conner, Gurley, and McCaffrey as well so I was using Sony as a top notch bye week fill in.

Edited by Nashville10ac
Left out a few details

21 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Ya I would not play him or rely on him this week could be like his first 2 games of the season 10-40 no receptions, he is definitely a wait.  Hope he plays good so you can play him after the bye. 

Man this guy nailed it.

8 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Man this guy nailed it.

Yeah, that was some smart guy. I'll wait with baited breath to see his projection for Sony in week 12. :D

• Like 1

I hate they dont use him in the passing game its kind of predictable. With Rex coming back this is about to get messy. I know some of you all are not worried but I am

5 minutes ago, affliction said:

I hate they dont use him in the passing game its kind of predictable. With Rex coming back this is about to get messy. I know some of you all are not worried but I am

I’m worried enough to not play him based on matchups now. I should have known based on what Titans did to Zeke.

• Like 1

Pats have a good o-line, weathers about to start to become more of a factor and it’s clear they aren’t gonna win by having Brady throw 50 times a game. Not worried at all about him, today was essentially the worst case scenario for him.

He can’t catch or block like White. He will be in there to run the ball and that’s obvious to their opponents too I’m sure. I think he’s a good runner with nice vision and will get a chance to establish himself as the future ball carrier but I doubt he will ever be the 3rd down back or in a hurry up package. Trying to get him going yesterday really took the Pats out of contention. Maybe in a year or two he will be a top 10 back but for now he’s looking like he’s going to cost the Pats more wins. Winning games is through the heart and soul of the team James White!

• Like 1

Just now, Krambone said:

He can’t catch or block like White. He will be in there to run the ball and that’s obvious to their opponents too I’m sure. I think he’s a good runner with nice vision and will get a chance to establish himself as the future ball carrier but I doubt he will ever be the 3rd down back or in a hurry up package. Trying to get him going yesterday really took the Pats out of contention. Maybe in a year or two he will be a top 10 back but for now he’s looking like he’s going to cost the Pats more wins. Winning games is through the heart and soul of the team James White!

He can catch.. just as good as White. He's not given the opportunity 

Buy low on Michel.

Tennessee's D chokes out RBs.

Simply a bad matchup. 

Both Michel and White will bounce back.

Edited by FF4life

4 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Tennessee is the 5th best defense vs RBs and Michel was coming off an injury.  White had -5 yards rushing on his lone attempt.  Gronk was out and Brady was terrible.

Edited by mitchellcole

12 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Buy low on Michel.

Tennessee's D chokes out RBs.

Simply a bad matchup. 

Both Michel and White will bounce back.

not sure if my league deadlines are unique but Yahoo trade deadline just passed - hopefully this means less generic "buy high buy low" posts 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Posts like this are like ads pretending not to be ads, but in this case it's just a James White owner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

He can catch.. just as good as White. He's not given the opportunity 

I think you are biased in saying this...white is a great pass catcher..  not saying Michel isn't or can't be good but c'mon man

White is trash as this past game illustrates...if Brady can’t throw, the running and short pass game is easily defended

2 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

I think you are biased in saying this...white is a great pass catcher..  not saying Michel isn't or can't be good but c'mon man

If you look at his scouting reports and his college production, one of the things he was noted for was how good of a pass catching back he was.  He just hasn't been used in that way with the Pats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

If you look at his scouting reports and his college production, one of the things he was noted for was how good of a pass catching back he was.  He just hasn't been used in that way with the Pats.

I believe if he was better or as good as White,  bellicheat would have figured that out and employed as such....just saying...Bill is o e of the most intelligent coaches ever

24 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

I never said White wasn't a good pass catcher. Where did I say that?

I said he can’t catch or block like JW. Give White 15 touches and you are in every game! Give Sonny 15 and it’s a crapshoot. Top 25 back for sure top ten No!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I said he can’t catch or block like JW. Give White 15 touches and you are in every game! Give Sonny 15 and it’s a crapshoot. Top 25 back for sure top ten No!

Week 4 vs MIA: 25/112/1 (17 pts)

Week 5 vs IND: 18/98/1 and 1 catch for 12 yd receiving (17 pts)

Week 6 vs KC: 24/106/2 (22 pts)

Those are the games he's had over 15 carries. If that's a crapshoot sign me up every time 

52 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Week 4 vs MIA: 25/112/1 (17 pts)

Week 5 vs IND: 18/98/1 and 1 catch for 12 yd receiving (17 pts)

Week 6 vs KC: 24/106/2 (22 pts)

Those are the games he's had over 15 carries. If that's a crapshoot sign me up every time 

Don't feed the troll.