tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

Sat him to play Breida today....got  little to cute even with Breida having a nice day. Sony Locked in ROS. 

Sony looked the best I have seen all year. One thing that was concerning was that Patterson got first crack at the 1. He failed miserably by trying to jump over the line and getting caught mid air which allowed Sony to get it on 2nd down.

23 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Sony looked the best I have seen all year. One thing that was concerning was that Patterson got first crack at the 1. He failed miserably by trying to jump over the line and getting caught mid air which allowed Sony to get it on 2nd down.

I think he was actually stuffed on 2nd (they reviewed the play), then got it on 3rd.   After another review.   It is a little concerning.   I think they might try to pound it with Patterson's size from time time.   

I think Sony is gonna have a strong run down the stretch here. Dion Lewis caught fire towards the end of the season last year. New England wants to be a run-first offense this year and as it gets colder they'll lean on the running game.

My only concern is the matchups. Vs Minnesota isn't great and I project the gamescript versus the Steelers the first week of the playoffs will be dicey. Historically that matchup is pass happy and the Steelers D has been solid.

Any thoughts on Michel's matchups and outlook over the next few weeks?

1 minute ago, MilkSteakandjellybeans said:

I think Sony is gonna have a strong run down the stretch here. Dion Lewis caught fire towards the end of the season last year. New England wants to be a run-first offense this year and as it gets colder they'll lean on the running game.

My only concern is the matchups. Vs Minnesota isn't great and I project the gamescript versus the Steelers the first week of the playoffs will be dicey. Historically that matchup is pass happy and the Steelers D has been solid.

Any thoughts on Michel's matchups and outlook over the next few weeks?

New England plays Miami the first week of playoffs. I will definitely find a way to get Michel in my lineup for that one. 

2 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

New England plays Miami the first week of playoffs. I will definitely find a way to get Michel in my lineup for that one. 

That game is in Miami which has been notoriously difficult for NE. I agree that I'll be playing him, but I do have concern that it will be a closer game then people think and NE won't be able to march the ball up and down the field at will. My league has just week 15 and 16 playoffs so different format for that.

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

I think he was actually stuffed on 2nd (they reviewed the play), then got it on 3rd.   After another review.   It is a little concerning.   I think they might try to pound it with Patterson's size from time time.   

This could go either way. When Sony got hurt they brought in Patterson and it worked. I think they liked what they saw so they tried it again. The next time Patterson made a bad mistake and was lucky not to fumble. So they brought Sony back in. Hopefully they stick with Sony knowing he’s going to protect the ball better. Cordelle’s past suggests he’ll risk it to biscuit. Not something I think the Pats are fans of.

It's tough because I see the Patriots having trouble against the Vikings I think if he doesn't score he doesn't do good, he could have a 60 yard day, I'm thinking about starting Adams over him

14 minutes ago, cuse445 said:

What are the thoughts on Sony this weekend?  Tough matchup against a stout Minny D.

I think their numbers are a little inflated since they've played some pretty bad rushing attacks/offenses but Michel is still a top 15 option to me since he has a real high TD potential in that Pats offense. If you have the luxury of sitting him this week (especially with some big names like Gordon and Fournette out) you are probably in a real good place.

Playstation has resumed his status in the RB pecking order over C. Patterson.

But now the 1st round rookie has to deal with the return of Burkhead to the lineup.

Is this finally the end of Belitricks?

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Playstation has resumed his status in the RB pecking order over C. Patterson.

But now the 1st round rookie has to deal with the return of Burkhead to the lineup.

Is this finally the end of Belitricks?

giphy.gif

They actually have more yards per catch when Sony is in the game. Burkhead will spell both Michel and White, but I doubt it is significant time. A catch here and there. Maybe a few runs. We shall see though.

gotta add burkhead if avail if you own michel IMO

one of the better insurance policies with how michel keeps getting banged up especially if you are relying on michel coming into the playoffs like i

Edited by kmoore1521

don't discount Hoodie using CP84 a bit more vs his old team ... kid has been impressing them all year - could easily see Hoodie tossing him a TD bone, or two, at Michel's expense. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

gotta add burkhead if avail if you own michel IMO

one of the better insurance policies with how michel keeps getting banged up especially if you are relying on michel coming into the playoffs like i

He’s my backup. I flex him at RB if I get an injury or someone is out for being an idiot (Fournette). I agree, if you have room add him. I have to play the odds that I’ll make it through the playoffs without losing more than one RB in the next 4 weeks. I’m keeping one decent backup at every position and going with it. 

Edited by FitzMagic

NE gonna utilize 4 RB's now with J. White, S. Michel, C. Patterson and R. Burkhead? 

Yikes. Too many cooks in the kitchen. 

Edited by HTM

Have there been any write ups speculating if Burkhead will have a role this week or even active?

Ya but that was expected useage against the Vikings.  I was expecting 60ish yards at least he was on the field when Develin scored those garbage TDs.  

Hopefully this was just a tougher matchup for the Pats.  Not really what I wanted to see heading into the playoffs here.  Such a pain to try and read Bill on which RB will be featured vs what opponent.

• Like 1

So what the f--- is this ROS outlook here or at least next week since it's win or go home at this point.

You have the Dolphins on the road who have been shredded by between the tackle runners. Is BB really going to troll super hard next week? 

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

So what the f--- is this ROS outlook here or at least next week since it's win or go home at this point.

You have the Dolphins on the road who have been shredded by between the tackle runners. Is BB really going to troll super hard next week? 

He always does.  So next week we will see Michel and White take a backseat to Burkhead and Patterson.  Sony was a sure fire flex for me, now I don't think I can even flex him next week and that kills it for me.  I much rather start a RB than a WR.

Still a great flex play next week. Had 18 touches yesterday against a good defense against the run, which explains the semi-lack of efficiency. Like posted above, Miami gets gashed in the run game. This is a perfect Sony game. 

• Like 1

I just have that feeling anyone who starts Michel in the playoffs will regret it. I'm going to need him and may not have a choice