tootallball

Sony Michel 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

anomaly game with the FB TD's

 

RB2 still and a great flex play if thats where he slots in for you

 

Not sure anything with BB is an anomaly....not much confidence - see him as a #3RB/flex now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like pats offense hasn’t been nearly as dynamic as previous seasons. Part of that is adjusting to the teams strengths and keep Brady protected but on the road against an anemic Mia offense I could see this being a close, ugly division rivalry game where pats win 17-10. 

 

With that said you probably have to start him if you have him. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

So what the f--- is this ROS outlook here or at least next week since it's win or go home at this point.

 

You have the Dolphins on the road who have been shredded by between the tackle runners. Is BB really going to troll super hard next week? 

 

@Miami has been Brady's achilles heel ... i believe it is the only road locale where he has a career losing record.

 

would not expect the cakewalk ... could see that one being a big one for White. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

@Miami has been Brady's achilles heel ... i believe it is the only road locale where he has a career losing record.

 

would not expect the cakewalk ... could see that one being a big one for White. 

Sony went 25/112 against MIA earlier this season FWIW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grayson2401 said:

Sony went 25/112 against MIA earlier this season FWIW. 

 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

@Miami has been Brady's achilles heel ... i believe it is the only road locale where he has a career losing record.

 

would not expect the cakewalk ... could see that one being a big one for White. 

 

comprehension is a beautiful thing. 

 

HTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

 

Not sure anything with BB is an anomaly....not much confidence - see him as a #3RB/flex now...

 

Fullback getting 2 TD's is an anomaly no matter the coach, volume was still there for the most part otherwise even with burkhead back and 2 vulture TD's

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

 

comprehension is a beautiful thing. 

 

HTH

I was not trying to argue anything.

 

Just thought it was worth mentioning that Sony had a good game against MIA earlier this year after it was mentioned this might be a White game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Fullback getting 2 TD's is an anomaly no matter the coach, volume was still there for the most part otherwise even with burkhead back and 2 vulture TD's

 

Agree it's an anomaly but it's concerning that Michel doesn't seem to be the kind of RB that can bang it in regardless of the line push.   In the last couple of weeks, he's had a few goal line opportunities where he either got stuffed or made it by an inch.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very concerning usage, I’m sure they realized White is the recipe for success. They are way to predictable with Sonny on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw live in Massachusetts, knew this would be a short passing game.  Minn D line good, bad secondary aside from Rhodes.  A lot of white/burkhead was expected.  Key is Michel was the clock killer, goal line back.  Michel regularly put in in the 20.  Develin getting tds seems a bit trickery, a bit heavy hitter.  Always a chance Belichick pulls a fast one, but as a patriots fan, next week seems like a Sony game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Very concerning usage, I’m sure they realized White is the recipe for success. They are way to predictable with Sonny on the field.

To be fair, the offense is almost equally predictable when White is on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could have very, very easily been a 2TD game for Michel.  

 

Looks pretty much the same to me except Burkhead is going to take a few more touches from both Michel and White but Michel still has the goalline role down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Agree it's an anomaly but it's concerning that Michel doesn't seem to be the kind of RB that can bang it in regardless of the line push.   In the last couple of weeks, he's had a few goal line opportunities where he either got stuffed or made it by an inch.  

 

 

 

Sort of true. Here are rushes from within the 5 yard line with >=5 attempts and how many were converted for TDs. 

Rank Name Attempts TD Conversion %
1 David Johnson 7 5 71%
2 Phillip Lindsay 6 4 67%
3 Cam Newton 5 3 60%
4 Leonard Fournette 7 4 57%
5 Derrick Henry 7 4 57%
6 Nick Chubb 7 4 57%
7 Joe Mixon 7 4 57%
8 Kareem Hunt 11 6 55%
9 James Conner 17 9 53%
10 Alvin Kamara 14 7 50%
11 LeGarrette Blount 10 5 50%
12 Adrian Peterson 8 4 50%
13 Dak Prescott 8 4 50%
14 Javorius Allen 6 3 50%
15 Carlos Hyde 11 5 45%
16 Todd Gurley 20 9 45%
17 Marlon Mack 7 3 43%
18 Peyton Barber 10 4 40%
19 Spencer Ware 5 2 40%
20 Chris Carson 8 3 38%
21 Jordan Howard 11 4 36%
22 Christian McCaffrey 11 4 36%
23 Lamar Miller 6 2 33%
24 Matt Breida 6 2 33%
25 Alex Collins 6 2 33%
26 James White 6 2 33%
27 Saquon Barkley 13 4 31%
28 Doug Martin 7 2 29%
29 Mark Ingram 11 3 27%
30 Sony Michel 11 3 27%
31 Ezekiel Elliott 8 2 25%
32 Patrick Mahomes 5 1 20%
33 Alfred Morris 8 1 13%
34 Tevin Coleman 6 0 0%
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Very concerning usage, I’m sure they realized White is the recipe for success. They are way to predictable with Sonny on the field.

 

Was very frustrating yesterday night watching them give the ball to Sony on 1st down and then pull him off the field almost every single time (until run-out-the-clock time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a Sony owner in several leagues so hope the best for him.

 

But honestly, he doesn't look like a RB1 talent to me.    He doesn't seem to  have either exceptional power or explosiveness.   

Happy to get him where I drafted him but expected more once he was worked in.

 

Maybe he'd be more involved in the passing game if he wasn't out at the beginning of the season.   I don't know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

 

Sort of true. Here are rushes from within the 5 yard line with >=5 attempts and how many were converted for TDs. 

Rank Name Attempts TD Conversion %
1 David Johnson 7 5 71%
2 Phillip Lindsay 6 4 67%
3 Cam Newton 5 3 60%
4 Leonard Fournette 7 4 57%
5 Derrick Henry 7 4 57%
6 Nick Chubb 7 4 57%
7 Joe Mixon 7 4 57%
8 Kareem Hunt 11 6 55%
9 James Conner 17 9 53%
10 Alvin Kamara 14 7 50%
11 LeGarrette Blount 10 5 50%
12 Adrian Peterson 8 4 50%
13 Dak Prescott 8 4 50%
14 Javorius Allen 6 3 50%
15 Carlos Hyde 11 5 45%
16 Todd Gurley 20 9 45%
17 Marlon Mack 7 3 43%
18 Peyton Barber 10 4 40%
19 Spencer Ware 5 2 40%
20 Chris Carson 8 3 38%
21 Jordan Howard 11 4 36%
22 Christian McCaffrey 11 4 36%
23 Lamar Miller 6 2 33%
24 Matt Breida 6 2 33%
25 Alex Collins 6 2 33%
26 James White 6 2 33%
27 Saquon Barkley 13 4 31%
28 Doug Martin 7 2 29%
29 Mark Ingram 11 3 27%
30 Sony Michel 11 3 27%
31 Ezekiel Elliott 8 2 25%
32 Patrick Mahomes 5 1 20%
33 Alfred Morris 8 1 13%
34 Tevin Coleman 6 0 0%

Yikes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Michel can catch though, if only they designed more screens/dump offs for Michel

What sucks, is in the Chicago game when he hurt his knee, it looked like they were finally trying to get him going in the pass game. Fast forward to now, and it looks like they have scrapped him getting more involved in the pass game, and are fine rotating backs. Frustrating for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So his value is a goalline back who doesn't get goalline carries?!? Michel is droppable once Burkhead takes over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

So his value is a goalline back who doesn't get goalline carries?!? Michel is droppable once Burkhead takes over

 

I believe he did get GL carries last game he just didn't convert them and seems like they used the FB not Burkhead in his place. Michel still had 17 touches and has multiple 100yd games so even though Burkhead being back cuts into him a little bit the only drop is Michel is a RB2 and not the RB1 he looked like earlier in the season. Burkhead is probably the more complete back but he simply isn't the runner Michel is so I think Michel will always have a role (although Burkhead could cut into his workload significantly). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, affliction said:

at least he had 17 carries

 

I bet close to half of those were when they were just running the clock out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

I bet close to half of those were when they were just running the clock out.  

 

10 of his 17 carries before the score got to 24-10, 2 carries were nullified by penalty as well before that point and then right after those 2 penalties burkhead or white then stole the carry 

 

and yes he got a few carries inside the 10 just no dice on the TD and the Fb got those 2 1 yarders

 

and got roughly 30 of his rushing yards in that final clock killing drive 

 

for reference

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.