• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Brad Miller 2018 Outlook

He's a deep league dive currently, but there's a chance he becomes useful across many styles/formats.

28 yr old former high draft pick of SEA. Has eligibility at 1B, 2B, MI, CI in many leagues and seems to be the everyday 1B/DH and clean-up hitter for Tampa. Health has been an obstacle for Miller, costing him much of ST and then the early part of April. He's not far removed (2016) from being awfully useful in fantasy, when he played 152 games and stacked up 29 2B, 30 HRs and 6 steals in a pretty tough for power home park. Plenty of swing and miss to his game but in a short year last year he showed gains in patience. 

Just one to keep an eye on in 14+ teamers--if he starts to string together some good games.

• Like 1

Working on a very modest 6 game hit streak and went yard last night. Hits clean-up v RH and still starts and bats 6th against lefties thus far.

DEEP watch guy if he starts getting the power going...

Seems as if they are giving him a shot at the leadoff spot (v RH) after the Span trade.

The Tampa Bay Rays have traded Brad Miller and cash considerations to the Milwaukee Brewers for Ji-Man Choi. 

He's got a solid chance to carve out the everyday SS or maybe even 2B role. It's a great spot for him at this point.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's got a solid chance to carve out the everyday SS or maybe even 2B role. It's a great spot for him at this point.

He's not a SS anymore.  As for 2b...villar, sogard...

I really don't get this deal for Milwaukee.

Just now, 96mnc said:

They are even more loaded at 1B.  Thames about to come off the DL, Aguilar, and Braun all as 1B options. Choi was fourth in line at best.

He has a 108 WRC+ on the year. He's a slightly above average league hitter who can play a lot of positions. Useful to a lot of teams.

This is like a tree falling in a remote forest.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, 96mnc said:

Well it may be debatable if he can play it well anymore, but according to beat guy Adam McCalvy he will be playing SS and 2B in AAA. So it appears the crew think he can play it enough to be an option there soon...Sogard will be DFA'd for him soon and Arcia can't hit this year. There will be an opportunity if he proves he can help enough.

4 hits in first 5 ABs at AAA, though I can't see where he played. Villar left injured last night, but did not seem significant.

He's only deepest dive type material, but I held in my 20 teamers to see how he does with an opportunity...

Starting at SS and batting 5th tonight. There is plenty of opportunity for him to play semi-regularly moving forward. Hope he rises to it.

Since they pulled the plug on Santana and finally sent him to AAA, the writing's on the wall for Arcia as well (IMO).  Miller or Hernan Perez can fake it at SS and are offering WAY more with the bat than Arcia. 

Perhaps one of those two becomes a Jhonny Peralta type defender while hitting a bit?  Problem is I'm not sure whether Perez or Miller would play more.

7 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

Since they pulled the plug on Santana and finally sent him to AAA, the writing's on the wall for Arcia as well (IMO).  Miller or Hernan Perez can fake it at SS and are offering WAY more with the bat than Arcia. 

Perhaps one of those two becomes a Jhonny Peralta type defender while hitting a bit?  Problem is I'm not sure whether Perez or Miller would play more.

Yeah it's hard to say. It feels like the brewers are gonna give Miller a decent look to see if he can hit and get by with the glove in the middle infield.

Perez is always super subbing around, and he will garner a bit more time in OF or 3B given the status of Cain and Shaw...

Arcia will likely be optioned for regular work in AAA in the next day or two.

Didn't get the start today, after a decent debut yesterday (hit and 2 walks), but pinch hit for Arcia and ended up delivering a big 3 run HR to pull the crew with in a run. After a 4 game trip to cincy (all RH starters) they come home for a long stand and 6 of 7 v RH next week. He's gonna get some major run, keep watching in those deep leagues.

Arcia down and it appears Miller is settling in a the everyday SS v RH and he's been batting leadoff too...that won't continue when Cain and Yelli get back, but he still should hit around 5th or 6th. As I mentioned above, 7 home games next week and only a LH on Sun...he's got a chance to run with a little opportunity here.

• Like 1

I've been keeping an eye on him.  Love his versatility and skill.  Looks like Brewers are going to use him in a Marwin-esque super-utility role with regular at-bats wherever there's a need.  Makes for a useful addition IMO.

Problem with him has always been contact issues, and sure enough he's striking out 30% this year.....

I've wanted him to succeed for like 4 years now, and I'm hoping this can be it, but I'm not holding my breath

Posted (edited)

He's clearly gonna swing and miss, but he's making some hard contact and drawing a handful of walks too.

8 games next week, all against RH starters...also just got SS eligible to go with 2B/1B

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Eligibility at 2B sure does help if you have a spot you can plug him into your lineup. Could do worse at 2B. We'll see how long leading off lasts, but for now he's someone to put on your radar anyway.

• Like 1

HR tonight off Berrios, still in the lineup every day.