dashoe

BOLD PREDICTIONS 2018 SEASON

On 8/20/2018 at 10:31 PM, CORTEz said:

Always one of my favorite threads going into the season...

1. David Johnson posts 1,000 receiving yards in his return, mostly due to Bradford/Rosen throwing screen passes to him.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line.

3. Deshaun Watson plays all 16 games, throws for nearly 5,000 yards, rushes for over 500 yards, and ends with a 38:15 TD/INT ratio.

4. Allen Robinson is a BUST at ADP 43, failing to reach 65 receptions and posting a mediocre 700 receiving yards with under 5 TDs.

5. Josh Gordon returns, plays every game except Week 1. EOY stats are marginal at best with Landry and Hyde there.

6. Kenyan Drake fails to rush for more than 600 yards, opponents focus on him now that he's the only offensive "weapon" on MIA's horrible offense.

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards.

8. Greg Olsen fails to play more than 10 games for the 2nd straight season, finishes with less than 500 receiving yards and retires at years end.

9. Chris Hogan finishes with 70+ catches and 1,000 receiving yards for the first time in his career.

10. Jimmy Graham posts 80 catches and 1,000 receiving yards for the first time in 4 years.

11. Randall Cobb, not DaVante Adams, finishes as GB's leading receiver due to Adams Concussion History.

12. Tarik Cohen catches 65+ balls, ends with over 600 receiving yards. Only rushes for 200 yards.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, Lord_Varys said:

That time of year, folks.

Bold Predictions Year in Review

There's tons of predictions, can't get 'em all.  Generally gonna avoid if it's more Real than Fantasy NFL.

I felt pretty happy about a few of my projections. and glad you called out my Allen Robinson one...I thought my DeAndre Hopkins one should've made it in the "Winner's Thread" hahah.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line

- he ended with 115-1572-11.....that's PRETTY darn close for a STAT projection...5 catches, 28 yards and 3 TDs off...

4. Allen Robinson is a BUST at ADP 43, failing to reach 65 receptions and posting a mediocre 700 receiving yards with under 5 TDs.

- he ended with 55-754-3....not too shabby...

6. Kenyan Drake fails to rush for more than 600 yards, opponents focus on him now that he's the only offensive "weapon" on MIA's horrible offense.

- He finished with 535...I'll take that prediction win :D

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards

- who knows how this would've ended up, but seeing as how bad the offense was this season....wouldn't have been surprised if this came true.

8. Greg Olsen fails to play more than 10 games for the 2nd straight season, finishes with less than 500 receiving yards and retires at years end.

- This came true....9 games played and only 291 receiving yards...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

I felt pretty happy about a few of my projections. and glad you called out my Allen Robinson one...I thought my DeAndre Hopkins one should've made it in the "Winner's Thread" hahah.

2. DeAndre Hopkins, w/ Deshaun Watson healthy for 16 games, posts an upsurd 120-1,600-14 TD line

- he ended with 115-1572-11.....that's PRETTY darn close for a STAT projection...5 catches, 28 yards and 3 TDs off...

- he ended with 55-754-3....not too shabby...

- He finished with 535...I'll take that prediction win :D

7. Devonta Freeman once again falls prey to Sarkesian's offensive woes, posting only 800 rushing yards

- who knows how this would've ended up, but seeing as how bad the offense was this season....wouldn't have been surprised if this came true.

- This came true....9 games played and only 291 receiving yards...

Damn man good work. I weed thru so much s--- sometimes I miss the gold. Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, ajs723 said:

One for each team:

Cowboys - Allen Hurns leads the team in receiving yards. 

NY Giants  - Eli Manning is no longer the starter by week 8. 

Eagles - Mack Hollins finds a way to score at least a half a dozen TDs this season.

Washington - Chris Thompson scores more PPR points than Guice.

Bills - McCoy plays in fewer than 8 games this season. 

Dolphins - Kenyan Drake leads the AFC in rushing yards.

Patriots - Chris Hogan leads the team in receptions and receiving yards. 

Jets - Trenton Cannon is a name you know by the end of the year. 

Bears - Tarik Cohen finishes the year as a top 12 PPR RB.

Detroit - Kerryon Johnson is a consistent high end RB2. 

Green Bay - Jamaal Williams is a top ten RB in any format. 

Minnesota - Diggs has a breakout year. Leads the team in all receiving categories. 

Falcons - Calvin Ridley: 50 Receptions, 750 yards, 7 TDs.

Panthers - Christian McCaffrey finishes under 700 rushing yards. --NOPE--

New Orleans - Cameron Meredith leads the Saints in TD receptions. 

Tampa - Cameron Brate has a ridiculous 12 TDs on only 51 receptions.

Cardinals - David Johnson dominates for 2,253 all purpose yards and 22 TDs.  --NOPE--

Rams - Cooper Kupp leads all receivers with 13 receiving TDs. --on pace--

Niners - A RBBC forms. McKinnon finishes outside of the top 15 RBs in PPR. 

Seahawks - CJ Prosise stays healthy and plays a role in all 16 games.

Ravens - Willie Snead leads the team in receptions. 

Bengals - John Ross finishes with 825 yards and 6 TDs. 

Browns - Corey Coleman finishes with more receiving yards than Josh Gordon. 

Steelers - Mason Rudolph is forced to make starts and plays competent football. 

Texans - D'onta Foreman becomes the starting RB (is that bold enough?).... Fuller and Hopkins each score a dozen TDS. 

Colts - Andrew Luck throws for just under 5000 and over 40 TDs. Wins MVP. --close--

Jags - Westbrook leads the team in receiving yards and receiving TDs. 

Titans - Corey Davis finishes with just 49 catches for 600 yards and 1 TD.

Broncos - Keenum puts up consistent QB1 numbers. 

Cheifs - Mahomes is BAD. All offensive players suffer.  --NOPE--

Chargers - Ekeler and Jackson cut into Gordon's workload. Gordon finishes with just 885 rushing yards, 5 TDS, and 32 receptions. --NOPE--  

Raiders - Derek Carr throws fewer than 20 TDs. 

21 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

I think the niners one is a win...

On 9/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, this guy right here said:

Carr &  Keenum top 10 QBs - Not

Duke Johnson 1200 y/sc - Even

D Herny 1500 12TDs

Golladay 1000 8TDs

D Baldwin top 3 WR - Close

Tre'Quan WR2 fantasy pts for NO 

Hooper top 8 TE

Baldwin as a top WR3 for second half of season maybe thats what you meant. :lol:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

In fairness, I rescinded that Chiefs one shortly thereafter. But that was still pretty funny. 

Also, Mccoy was bad, so that was close. Diggs had a breakout year, even though Thielen was good. Cannon had a role, even if he wasn't quite fantasy relevant. The yardage was off, but John Ross actually went over 6 TDs. I was right about the Niners backfield, even if it was largely do to injuries. 

There are about 10 of those predictions that were either correct or pretty darn close. Not bad for BOLD predictions.

Edited by ajs723

On 9/2/2018 at 4:20 PM, Chardo said:

Mahomes is the NFL MVP

I'll just leave this here....

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Chardo said:

I'll just leave this here....

good call. whats tomorrows lottery numbers?

21 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

good call. whats tomorrows lottery numbers?

About the only thing I got right this year 

12 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

That was spot on, cut him some slack

im not being sarcastic.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Cashed a $180 ticket, bet on the patriots to win the Super Bowl,last march

Dayum dude. And, from a Fins fan to boot.

How much did you win?

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

How much did you win?

What were the odds on the pats? +300?

11 hours ago, The G Man said:

How much did you win?

Only $180 from a $20 bet.  My parents go down to vegas every year and ask who we want, to an extent it's homer picks, we get my moms raven, bros packers, dad took saints this year(sister in laws team), guessing he took that team, but I  didn't question it, but he runs the tickets and wasn't happy about the non call, I took the pats, has nothing to do with being loyal to a logo,  with a fan of an afc east team, u get a front row seat to see how damn good the pats are and realize u are a fool to take a big bet against them in this era, love my fins, but respect the Brady belichek era.

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
  • Like 1

As long as one of our team hits, we just go out as a fam and eat some nice dinner together

the forums may just think...keep the money and eat out, but don't supersize it

whats the fun in that?  It's entertainment, the pats were chalk, but in the last few years, my pats ticket has been the only winner, it's my one time I get to find my inner Jamie's Winston without stealing the crablegs 

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

11 hours ago, The G Man said:

How much did you win?

Looking at ur post again, I assume u think I bet $180, was only$20, paid $180 haha, less about the money, more about finding my inner romo-stradamus

40 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Looking at ur post again, I assume u think I bet $180, was only$20, paid $180 haha, less about the money, more about finding my inner romo-stradamus

Geesh, I am trying to make sense of this. Isn't it good enough you rape us of our dc with 15 years of service? And he will probably get a few assistants...

It happens every year. :)

My bold prediction... PATS win afc east, media ridicules the team, pats get into playoffs, they make superbowl.... and it is another coin flip. Actually Pats have reloaded... Which if you actually follow the team you would know.  :)

Edited by PizzaBeerFF

18 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

My bold prediction... PATS win afc east, media ridicules the team, pats get into playoffs, they make superbowl.... and it is another coin flip. Actually Pats have reloaded... Which if you actually follow the team you would know.  :)

pats will need a dominate WR1 when Gronk retires. Gordon cant be trusted to last the year. What top recievers are FA this year? they need one! and yes Edleman is awesome....but they need an Outside the numbers option. Chris Hogan aint cuttin it

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Only $180 from a $20 bet.  My parents go down to vegas every year and ask who we want, to an extent it's homer picks, we get my moms raven, bros packers, dad took saints this year(sister in laws team), guessing he took that team, but I  didn't question it, but he runs the tickets and wasn't happy about the non call, I took the pats, has nothing to do with being loyal to a logo,  with a fan of an afc east team, u get a front row seat to see how damn good the pats are and realize u are a fool to take a big bet against them in this era, love my fins, but respect the Brady belichek era.

That’s an interesting family breakdown of rooting interests!